Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > brian and roger didn't create queen

forum rss feed
Author

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Sep 05, 20:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wants to give queenzoners a brief history lesson. It seems some of you are confused, saying brian and roger created the band queen, exuse me, but brian and roger created a band called smile (not queen) then freddie joined forces with them and was freddie's idea to drop the smile in favor of queen. why am i bringing this up? simply because some on these bullshit forums keep saying brian and roger created queen, simply not true. roger wanted to call the band "rich kids" remember? also, remember who came up with the art work, all the early hits. What is mike hunt trying to say? One man created queen and that man was freddie mercury. followed only slightly by brian may.

Sharron .G user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 219 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 05, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who disagree's with this My Cunt??

Even Roger Taylor himself said this...

You say Freddie = Early Hits??

Body Language, Under Pressure, Staying Power, It's a Hard Life, Man on the Prowl, The Miracle, (co-wrote) Breakthru, Innuendo, I'm going slightly mad, The Hitman, Don't try so hard, co-wrote The Show Must Go On (Brian has said the first verse of lyric's is mostly Fred's.... "I'll face it with a grin" line is Fred's)...

So this means Freddie had most of the later hits as well....while dying from AIDS.

I think John Deacon put it best in one of his last interview's on why he has retired "If Freddie is not there, then I am not working with Queen, it's me Brian & Roger....it's hard to be Queen, without...well...Queen." (JOHN REFERRING TO FREDDIE BEING QUEEN)

I WILL FIND THE LINK TO THIS INTERVIEW....I JUST READ IT.

Posted: 23 Sep 05, 22:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the reason i brought it up in the first place is there are people in queenzone without mentioning names who have said brian and roger created this band, so as a queen fan i must set them straight. A fan of all four members, it seems people don't know the history of queen, or else they wouldn't say such dumb ass things. Check the history section people.

Posted: 23 Sep 05, 22:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mike, I agree with you...

I would just suggest that if you felt strongly enough to create a topic on this, you should call out the people who have done the offending to your belief.

Hopefully, if you do it politely, this can become a decent thread...with decent, civilized discussion.

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 05, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

News flash - we already know this stuff.

Why don't you regale us with tales of how Freddie wrote CLTCL while in the bathtub? Stunning!

DId you know Brian's guitar is homemade???

Oh, did you know that Queen stole the show at Live Aid?

It's true! WOW!

Blow it out your ass.
Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 05, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let's face the truth here- Freddie was Queen.
Yes technically only 1/4 of Queen, but in reality
he was much more than that!

~Blue_Acid~ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 05, 12:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie needed the band to get anywhere, without the connection with brian and roger and john, he wouldnt have made it and same is true for the rest of the band. Freddie joined smile, droped the name and wrote the early hits yes BUT, he only wrote the lyrics and chord proggresions and occasionly came up with riffs and to be honest, Freddie wasnt pleased with his vocals in the early days AND if the shear heart attack tour failed then they were gonna disband.

A band is a band and thats how it is you fools, let it go. if your such a queen fan ten youd know how they would feel so pull the rods out of your ass's and get over it, you wanted them to go on tour, john wants to be retired and do you expect them to tour without a lead vocalist, its not queen, its Queen + Paul Rodgers, non of you complained when it came to the F.M. Tribute. Paul is not freddie, nor is brian and roger Queen but they are a strong part and if they wanna tour they should and if they wanna use the name they should.

I dont feel like fred would comlain, REMEMBER HE LIKED PAUL RODGERS.

"Im going to pull an Elvis Costello, but the chorus of this song goes What the hell are we fighting for..."

-Brian May 3/20/06 Pittsburgh @ the Mellon Arena before Hammer To Fall
All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 05, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

Four people created Queen. One of them is dead, one of them is retired, two of them are still playing. Those two are Queen now.

Yes thankyou. Queen was four equal members. They are people behind their godly music talents, they can do whatever they want. It isn't your band, so why do you care? If you don't like it them don't listen to it and don't appreciate what they are doing if you have such a problem. As for me, I happen to be very supportive of what they are doing.

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 05, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian wanted to call the band "Build Your Own Boat". Strange but true.

This can't end well.
Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 05, 17:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mike makes some really excellent points here. Because Freddie is not here, he can no longer remind us of the vastly important role he played in establishing the true essence of Queen. Brian and Roger should not be allowed to stretch the truth too far. However, it is easy for them to do this without Freddie being there.

At the end of the day, Queen consists of: one genius, one really brilliant guy and 2 other guys who were pretty good assuming that they could get some significant writing help from Freddie. By no means are all four members of the band equal with regard to either talent or creative contributions. If Freddie implied this at any point, then this just illustrates how very humble he must have been.

Tiffany

Posted: 24 Sep 05, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

3* taylorgaga (Begg) wrote:

and if Sharron G or Mike Hunt or BPP post anymore carp in this thread or any other thread about Queen RIP 1991 etc etc then they are daft twats who are better off dead!

Hey load that should have been swallowed... I know you aren't referring to me.

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 05, 19:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharon G. wrote:

Let's face the truth here- Freddie was Queen.
Yes technically only 1/4 of Queen, but in reality
he was much more than that!

Wrong, dear - Freddie was *a* queen.

Here's another news flash -

Freddie, Brian, John and Roger *were* Queen.

Freddie's dead. John retired.

Brian, Roger, John when-he-feels-like-it and Freddie's memory are Queen *now*.

Blow it out your ass.
its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 05, 19:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have loads of biography books about Queen or Freddie so dont go saying im one of those people because i already knew that Freddie gave the name "Queen" and all that!
Yes he did make Queen ofcourse without Brian Roger and John he couldnt and most people dont even care what you are saying...whats the point we all no that Freddie made the name "Queen" whats your point?
To the people that didnt no, well now you do.

"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 05, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So, Ray, with all due respect as I think you're an A-1 guy who knows his stuff, if it's Frank Maudsley of Flock of Seagulls on bass, and Lemmy from Motorhead on vocals, is that still Queen because of Brian and Roger's involvement? If John goes on the road with the guys from Morris Minor and the Majors, is he going out as Queen? And if Roger and Brian have a falling out, and Brian goes on tour with Paul Rodgers singing, is that still Queen?

You know, good times are now.
kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 05, 23:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharron .G wrote:

3* taylorgaga (Begg) wrote:

and if Sharron G or Mike Hunt or BPP post anymore carp in this thread or any other thread about Queen RIP 1991 etc etc then they are daft twats who are better off dead!

Hey load that should have been swallowed... I know you aren't referring to me.

Sharron, marry me please, because that was one of the most clever insults I've ever heard. "Load that should've been swallowwed" lol I love that one, you rock

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 02:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

trust me, i'm not putting any of the other three members down, i'm a huge brian may fan, i like roger and also think john contributed great things to queen. that's not my point, i'v read one to many times on this forum that brian and roger created this great band, we must educate these poor queenies. I read a line that said "why can't they go on as queen, they created the dam thing" refering to brian and roger. now let me remind people of a line in the song "only the good die young" where roger sings "you made a sensation, you found a way thru." who were brian and roger singing about? You wanna know why john would never play on this new tour? because he knows if it wasn't for freddie most of his songs wouldn't have been a reality, it's a fact freddie's had a great imput on john and roger's songwriting. it's a fact. while i enjoyed return of the champions for a few good listen's, i'm already finding myself goin back to the real thing. Live at the bowl anyone?

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 10:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yea the name, the logo, the art work, their image, their first top 40 hits, their star power, all their great early songs (along with brian may). besides all those things they were equal, lets not be politically correct people, where aloud to speak the truth. If it wasn't for the mans songwriting ability and live performces they would have broke up after their 2nd or 3rd album. you could have had any joe to play bass. by the time "bites the dust" came out they were already superstars. John and even roger would laugh at you if you said they were equal to freddie, it's simply not true.

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i never said john and roger didn't contribute, i think both did greatly, but all four members were not equal. that's not even my original point, the point was brian and roger didn't create queen, freddie, brian and roger did. the obvious order is freddie and brian probably even (maybe fred slightly ahead for star power), roger and then john. remember my reason for bringing this up (besides to cause trouble) is reading things like brian and roger created the whole thing, well, my first thought was to let me give some of these young queen fans a history lesson. i can't argue freddie and brian needed each other, and to be sucessful for 20 years they needed all four members to contribute which they all did, but equal? no way.

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i agree, arguing around in circles. I also always disagreed with people who say freddie was the whole band,(like sharon), but despite all the arguments, all us queenies must stick together, even the queenzone loser club, Lester, fenderick, sir, and alex. Despite mixed feelings, i like what brian and roger are doing, it's all about getting the queen name back out there, it's pretty dam cool hearing about queen in new york again.

kagezan1313 user not visiting Queenzone.com
kagezan1313
Bohemian: 940 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 14:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Flour + sugar + eggs + milk = dough

eggs + milk = slop

Nuff said

Thank you, God bless you, sweet dreams you lot of tarts, Good-bye!