Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > FREDDIE VS. FRANKIE

forum rss feed
Author

Nandeke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 11:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Frank Sinatra,aka "The Voice".Well,do you think Sinatra was better singer than Mercury?I know they were from different styles,but I talk about their vocal's reaching and power.In my opinion,who must be remembered as "The Voice" is Freddie.For examples for voice power listen to "Machines" or "In the Lap of the Gods" in Wembley'86 or the "New York" demo.What do you think?

flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nandeke wrote:

Frank Sinatra,aka "The Voice".Well,do you think Sinatra was better singer than Mercury?I know they were from different styles,but I talk about their vocal's reaching and power.In my opinion,who must be remembered as "The Voice" is Freddie.For examples for voice power listen to "Machines" or "In the Lap of the Gods" in Wembley'86 or the "New York" demo.What do you think?

yea your rite, also freddie sings a lot higher than frank,

oo la la
PainPleasure user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The difference between Frank & Freddie was mainly that Frank would pronounce all the words clearly as Freddie had some times some problems to pronounce...

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And I thought this was going to be about Frankie Goes To Hollywood... :/

Sicmot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 13:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PainPleasure wrote:

The difference between Frank & Freddie was mainly that Frank would pronounce all the words clearly as Freddie had some times some problems to pronounce...

What times/songs can you name it he had troubles?
As far as I can see he was very flexible in pronouncing, for example in the march of the black queen.. or fairy fellers master stroke..

God created man from dust, man replied with sin and lust..
Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tero wrote:

I thought the same thing!!

You know what, i think it´s not that important wether people consider Freddie or Frank the "Voice", because in the end they were both loved as singers.

In my opinion Christmas wouldn`t be the same withou Frank Sinatra singing "Let it snow" and other classics, but Freddie is still my favourite.

Take care

gihona user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 121 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nandeke wrote:

with all due respect for Sinatre - and there's tones of it - if i had to choose a lead singer for my band - between these two i would go for Freddie, no doubt. i mean i think he had much more diversity to his vocals and much more power. definitely the best singer of all time. (yeah, better the fucking Elvis as well).

Thank you my darlings, you lot of tarts.

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sicmot wrote:

PainPleasure wrote:

As far as I can see he was very flexible in pronouncing, for example in the march of the black queen.. or fairy fellers master stroke..

end of TATDOOL: sounds like: "one thing still chew"
Another one bites the dust: supposed to say: "standing on my own two feets", but sound miles away from that.

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 16:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PainPleasure wrote:

Sicmot wrote:

PainPleasure wrote:

Another one bites the dust: supposed to say: "standing on my own two feets", but sound miles away from that.

Thanks for pointing that out (I never noticed Freddie sounding like he says ''One thing still chew''.)

Perhaps you were hungry when you were listening to TATDOOL! (subliminal)

Anyways, that screws the deep meaning of that song for me (for the moment) LMAO! :-)

Or as some say they THINK Hendrix sang...''scuse me while I kiss this guy''

xyz
Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tero wrote:

So did I lol.

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"
Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 18:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ditto

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 18:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

PainPleasure wrote:

Sicmot wrote:

PainPleasure wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out (I never noticed Freddie sounding like he says ''One thing still chew''.)

Perhaps you were hungry when you were listening to TATDOOL! (subliminal)

Anyways, that screws the deep meaning of that song for me (for the moment) LMAO! :-)

Or as some say they THINK Hendrix sang...''scuse me while I kiss this guy''

Hey, what's your problem you two? I've pointed out that Freddie didn't always pronounce well, I know what I've heard and what I'm saying, so if you don't agree, just too bad...always the same thing around here, you say something and you're crucified or ridiculized...Get over it!

Aura Marina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 61 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 23:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Diference:

Frank = never write a word (only sing), baritone, many "influential" friends and I hate his voice
Freddie = great lyrics, baritone-Tenorissimo (4 scales), many good work and I love his beautiful voice

amarina

THE SHOW MUST GO ON!
Nandeke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 13:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I believe the Freddie supposed problems for a good pronunciation might be for his living in Zanzibar and India.However,this topic it is not about pronunciation... My respects to Sinatra,but he never was better singer than Freddie.Listen to Mother Love and enjoy his hability to sing in low and high tones.Frank always sung in the same level.WE CAN FINISH WITH THERE NEVER WILL BE ANOTHER FREDDIE MERCURY AND FRANK SINATRA.
ah!by the way,xmas it's no the same without "Thank God it's Christmas".

kagezan1313 user not visiting Queenzone.com
kagezan1313
Bohemian: 940 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 14:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ahem...The only person I've ever heard referred to as "The Voice" is Tom Jones, and that hip cat ain't dead.

Thank you, God bless you, sweet dreams you lot of tarts, Good-bye!
Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 09:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One thing i thing it´s ridiculous with Queenzoners is that they never miss an opurtunity to slam another artist in comparision with a queen member.

Have you guys tried to listen to music without pre-conceived ideas?
Because wether you like it or not, Freddie was not the only one who could sing or could bring tears to peoples eyes.

And in my opinion it´s ridiculous to try to find anything in Frank that suports the idea of him not being as great as Freddie. He was that great but in another context, the same way freddie could never be that good in Frankie`s context.

Take care

MercuryArts user not visiting Queenzone.com
MercuryArts
Bohemian: 839 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 04:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I grew up listening to Frank. Thanks to Sid Marks & "Sundays w/ Sinatra", I knew his entire catalog by the age of 8 before I even heard of Queen. Is one better than the other? No. I feel both are the best of their times. No one came close to Frank in the 40's, 50's or 60's. Except maybe Nat King Cole & Sammy Davis Jr. No one came close to Freddie throughout his career, & in 14 years since his passing no one can still match Freddie. I've always felt it was a damn shame Freddie wasn't around to be a part of Frank's Duets albums of the 90's. He would have been amazing on it. Also, since Frank was into covering contemproary musical acts of the day, ie; The Beatles, Simon & Garfunkle, Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel to name a few. I always wanted Frank to cover an arrangement of My Melancholy Blues. It is a "saloon song" in the truest sense. Right up Franks alley along side Angle Eyes & One More For My Baby. If you don't know these songs, I suggest you check them out.

"Take care of those you call your own"
kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts

Posted: 15 May 06, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm surprised no one mentioned how similar Freddie's and Frankie's singing career went. Both started out with higher youthful voice and developed booming powerful voices later. Funny... I don't know if anyone mentioned that honestlky because I didn't read through all the damn posts.

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 15 May 06, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've never been a big fan of Sinatra.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts