Forums > Queen - General Discussion > ROTC Limps into the UK album chart at No 12

forum rss feed
Author

bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 16:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums.shtml

If the Champions had returned shouldn't it be at No 1 ?

Even Daniel O'Donnell (Blue Rinse Brigade Favourite) and Barbara Streisand ( her with the massive nose to rival Barry Manilow (are they related ?) managed 10th and 3rd respectively.

This is EVEN after English Yob ordered 500 copies of ROTC to inflate the figures.

For those who bought it at full price will be regretting it as you will be able to buy it next month in a Bargain Bin at your nearest HMV.

Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 16:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know quite how you see a #12 chart position as 'limping' for a release such as this. My opinion is that you secretly like this whole QPR thing, And that you're just too afraid to admit that you just MAY have been wrong after all this time.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dan Corson wrote:

I don't know quite how you see a #12 chart position as 'limping' for a release such as this. My opinion is that you secretly like this whole QPR thing, And that you're just too afraid to admit that you just MAY have been wrong after all this time.

I'm afraid your wrong. Paul Rodgers cannot sing to save his life nor can Roger or Brian for that matter and to call the CD ROTC is as obsurd as Brian and Roger calling themselves Queen +

FREDDIE WOULD NOT BE HAPPY

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Limps in at 12!! LOL You're funny BPP. The reason people like Daniel O'Donnel gets more is because, guess what, he has a lot of wives/elderly women fans. Queen related stuff is always going to be a mixed bag. You can't expect the same numbers.

Peace,
Adam.

Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As Freddie was the 'King of Queen" and the
true Champion, this CD should be called
"return of the Chumps."

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 18:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharon G. wrote:

As Freddie was the 'King of Queen" and the
true Champion, this CD should be called
"return of the Chumps."

LOL Sharon

Or "Return Of The Has-Beens minus their Champion Original Singer"

Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you want to see and hear Queen, buy the Live at Wembley Cd or DVD. It is excellent.

Suigi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 856 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 18:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmmm...
This is sort of the same situation as the Who. They are the original members, but it comes out more like a tribute band than anything else.
And given the number of BPPs out there in Queen fandom, I guess not many people wanted to get a Queen tribute band's album.

HE ROCKS US STILL.

Proud Supporter of the Queen Lives Compilation
Queen& user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 562 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 19:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

Even Daniel O'Donnell (Blue Rinse Brigade Favourite) and Barbara Streisand ( her with the massive nose to rival Barry Manilow (are they related ?) managed 10th and 3rd respectively.

This is EVEN after English Yob ordered 500 copies of ROTC to inflate the figures.

For those who bought it at full price will be regretting it as you will be able to buy it next month in a Bargain Bin at your nearest HMV.

Higher than status quo and theve had more hit singles than queen an its a studio album

Paddy Can You Hear Me Now

Phoenix Nights Series 1
rockit22 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 120 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes this is awesome! Status Quo had their CD released at the same day as Queen`s ROTC, 19.09.05, and they are only at #18, while Queen+ is at #12 :) Concidering ROTC is a live album, this is really champion sales for Queen+. You also have to keep in mind that people know a DVD is going to be released next month, and therefore they perhaps won`t buy the CD yet. A third thing, is that the official downloads from the tour on queenonline has been available a long time for those who were curious about it. This might also influence on the sales of the CD. Finally there has not been a lot of promotion of the new album either.

So when you concider all this poodle, Queen+ is the champions, you like it or not!:) haha. I got a feeling that the DVD will go straight to the top of the charts !

stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep Rich I sure do.Seemed to have something to do with a chap named Fred i think.Any news on ROTC charting well in germany??I think Jim Beach could shit in a pie dish ,call it Queen+shit in a pie dish and it would be #1 in Germany.

john pistlli
Fedepetti user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 29 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 22:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sad, it started at #9 on Monday midweeks and was #10 on Friday sales. The saturday sales were strong because Daniel O'Donnell was #12 on Friday sales and jumped two spots.

Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 23:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Considering the poor reviews it received, I am actually that it did not totally tank! It probably will fall off the charts completely by the second week. Anyway, I think that the critics have made some really good points about why the album sucks without Freddie.
tiffany

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 05, 23:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Poodle did you ride the short bus?

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
pcgenius9 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 937 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 03:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Poodle didn't buy it....

Actually though, I managed to go to my local Woolworths and (long story) got it for £1.97

Dislocate your spine...
Daburcor?

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 04:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dan Corson wrote:

I'm afraid your wrong. Paul Rodgers cannot sing to save his life nor can Roger or Brian for that matter and to call the CD ROTC is as obsurd as Brian and Roger calling themselves Queen +

FREDDIE WOULD NOT BE HAPPY

Oh my! You sure put me in MY place!

Even I have said before that I think there are people better suited to singing the Queen catalog than Paul, But to say that he CAN'T sing or that this CD is bad is the REAL ABSURDity.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 04:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dan- what do you expect from BPP? Any logic? Any intelligence? Wrong address, man... :)

Daburcor?

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 04:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sometimes I forget who I'm talking to... ;)

ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 05:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Limps???? No. 12???????

What age is BPP???

I remember when live albums were lucky to break top twenty!

I've said this before and I'll say it again. This is a perfectly adequate souvenir of one of the summer's best shows. For this "hybrid" to break in at number 12, from half a band that hasn't done any original material for over ten years is astounding.

From what little I've seen of his posts, this "Bryan's Permed Poodle" is very fond of starting a scurrilous post, then darting off, never to reply or substaniate his arguments.

I'm quite annoyed at myself for even reading it, never mind replying.

"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."
3137prof user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 05:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wouldn't call #12 a very good chart position. One thing to consider about that now aswell is that the number of sales will be down by a hell of a lot from what you used to need to get in the top ten as well.

Also, could it be that as it's a double album compared to the other albums being single albums that it cost more than those so people aren't buying it yet? I would be worried though if they bought Daniel O'Donnell instead, because of this.

Maybes the crap cover put people off buying it? But then that's a whole different arguement to start again isn't it.