Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > One Vision: One Clam, One Prawn, One Chicken-The NJ Pre-Gig Tailgate Party

forum rss feed
Author

Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 01:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, here's the deal: I spoke on the phone to a very nice lady in the parking office at Continental Airlines Arena last week and got the straight dope on tailgating before the Queen gig. Read on, then rock on!

WHEN: Starting at 2:00 PM, Sunday, October 16, 2005 (plenty of time to recover from whatever you do Saturday night!)

WHERE: The Meadowlands, Continental Airlines Arena Parking Lots 20/21. Look for the fabulous and mirthful people having fun. (link to parking lot map: http://www.njsea.com/sharedimages/map1.pdf zones marked in green are designated "tailgate zones")

WHO: All Queen fans--regardless of which web site you frequent! ;)

WHY: It's a QUEEN gig, doofus!! You had to ask?

BRING: BYO* whatever: food, drinks, a grill if you want to cook, extra food, etc. if you want to share, chairs if you want to sit, and a handful of condoms to throw at Roger at the proper time at the gig ;) Sorry Rog, but it's a great sight gag!

*BYO = bring your own

Parking Details:
--Parking Fee: $15/car

--Parking attendants will enforce a "one car, one space" rule

--If you arrive before the attendants are there to collect parking fees at the entrance to the lot, they will come around to collect them while we are tailgating, so please be prepared to pay them when they request it.

From The Meadowlands website: TAILGATING RULES

Tailgating is permitted provided guests tailgate in the same space occupied by their vehicle. Please be courteous to your fellow fans -- open parking spaces should not be used for tailgating.

Grills are permitted for tailgating enjoyment, provided guests do so only in the same space occupied by their vehicle. However, their use near buildings or in any area where guests or property may be damaged is strictly prohibited. Please do not discard hot coals near vehicles or in plastic waste receptacles.

Open fires are not permitted.

Trash receptacles are located throughout the Sports Complex parking lots and near the Arena entrances. Please bag and dispose of your trash to make it safer for vehicles exiting the Sports Complex after the game.

Ball playing and frisbee tossing in the Arena parking lots and roadways are safety hazards and are not permitted. Many injuries occur as a result of these activities.

Illegal parking outside the Sports Complex on area roadways, medians, grass malls and vehicle breakdown lanes should not be attempted. Violators will be ticketed by local police and/or towed at owner's expense.

Overnight parking (including RVs) is not permitted.

Port-o-sans/portable toilets are located throughout the parking lots. Port-o-sans for guests with disabilities are available in Lots 21 and 22.
----------------------------------------(end of stuff from The Meadowlands' web site------------

We've got people coming in from such far-flung locations as the UK, Toronto, and Salt Lake City, not to mention all the Spike Edney fans. Let's properly welcome the world's best live band back to "foreign sand" and treat our UK Queen cousins/friends who are coming over for the gig to some of the same terrific hospitality and warm friendship that they showed those of us from the US and elsewhere at the UK gigs this Spring and at Hyde Park in July.

DRESS CODE:

Pieter: Wear your kilt, man!

Wendy: Don't forget your funnel.

Iron Eagle: Wear something that will allow you to shake your groove thang! ;)

Everyone else: Wear what you want, Queen apparel is always in style. I've got a cool $20 for the first guy who shows up in a Freddie Mercury harlequin leotard!

Feel free to email me if you have questions or brilliant ideas: crazylittlething@queenzone dot com. Let us know here if you're coming. See you at the gig!

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18625 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds intersting... I'll keep my eyes open for you guys.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 18:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

god help NJ

they do not konw what they are about to witness....

i will take one of my nitro tabs--sip on a nice dirty vodka martini and see what happens dear...

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

The Real Wizard

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 18:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd better get to see the sexxyyyy, otherwise that'll be money wasted...!!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

Crazy LittleThing

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah . . . (((((sexy))))) performed on that lovely floor covering. Brings a whole new meaning to being "called on the carpet!" Definitely "must-see TV"

The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 26 Sep 05, 23:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Will I be up in time for this??? You know- after hanging with Brian and Roger the night before..I think it's too early for me... LOL ;-)

Seriously- Vodka Martinis--I am there...the meadowlands is in for a semi-rude awakening!!!

Too Fun...Only a few short weeks away folks

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Crazy LittleThing wrote:

Affraid that there is no kilt :-)

Crazy LittleThing

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Crazy LittleThing wrote:

Affraid that there is no kilt :-)

ERRRRRRRRIN!!!! You PROMISED! ;)

MercuryArts user not visiting Queenzone.com
MercuryArts
Bohemian: 839 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyone going to bring instruments to play? We need a nice little jam band going on.

"Take care of those you call your own"
The Real Wizard

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 23:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I won't be bringing a guitar with me, but I'll gladly play one if there's one available (provided that I can make it there in time, of course)!

Simoriah user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 896 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 05, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We're staying near there, no idea how big the UK group is, and Jacky is with us too.
We won't have cars though, lol.

Will email you tonight Cindy.

"This tour will be bigger than bigness itself. It will make Ben Hur look like the Muppets."

~ Roger Taylor ~
OGNJQueenfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 05, 22:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey everyone...Still kinda a newbie...I have access to a karaoke system...Anyone up for Queen karaoke?? It can run off batteries ;)

BTW - Since my wife is being a spoil sport, I'm travelling alone...Look for a black chevy with a sign that says welcome to NJ...I'm bringing baked ziti or something like it...and plenty of beer....

Please eat my food...LOL....That way I won't feel lonely...

Anyone coming to my tour of AP and OG on Saturday - I'm most likely heading to a very cool karaoke place Saturday evening...Bahrs Landing http://www.bahrslanding.com - It would kick ass if a large group of Queen fans descended upon the place....Visist the website for directions.

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 05, 15:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Everyone else: Wear what you want, Queen apparel is always in style. I've got a cool $20 for the first guy who shows up in a Freddie Mercury harlequin leotard!"

russel (forever88) will prolly win that money

how long does it go into?
the time of the concert im guessing i just wanna make sure cuz i got some stuff to do in manhattan before the concert so i wont be there at 2....if i go.

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
The Real Wizard

Posted: 09 Oct 05, 00:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually, make that two of us being curious... how long should the party be expected to last?

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 05, 01:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Damn, even though I couldn't get tickets, I want to show up for this anyway.

Crazy LittleThing

Posted: 09 Oct 05, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

Damn, even though I couldn't get tickets, I want to show up for this anyway.

Lester: Check Ticketmaster!

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 05, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cindy I emailed you at crazylittlething@queenzone.com did you get it?

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

MercuryArts user not visiting Queenzone.com
MercuryArts
Bohemian: 839 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 05, 15:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How is everyone doing?? It's FINALLY CONCERT WEEK!!!! I hope you all have your tailgating hats on! Now we just have to wait & see if the rain holds off. If it's pouring on Sunday like it did Friday & Saturday here in the N. East what do you think we should do? Anyone live close enough to throw a house party? :)

"Take care of those you call your own"
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 05, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm hoping Cindy checks her email and this thread. If anyone has her on msn or aim or whatever, tell her I'm trying to hunt her down.

:)

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Deacons 1st Choice user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deacons 1st Choice
Bohemian: 603 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 05, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It can't possibly rain any more after this past weekends' total washout here in the NE!

This is how i see it: The weather is going to be awesome for us on Sunday. The rain is supposted to last until midweek and certainly by the weekend it will clear off.

Yes,....i do have my tailgaiting hat on now too!