Forums > Queen - General Discussion > My question directed at Permed Poodle..and other shit

forum rss feed
Author

Sharron .G user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 219 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryan, I understand that you aren't to crazy of this Paul Rodgers chap?
I here that you don't like this tour, you hate the fact that the Queen name is being used, and you wish Brian & Roger would let the legend of Queen rest.

Ok..
Guess what, some people agree with you.
(Remember, I own a 10,000 sq foot music store) so we talk about this alot. And being Queen is my favorite band, Queen is talked about an AWFUL lot.

Here's the word on the street (here anyway)
1) Since this Queen + PR thing started, alot my customers can't understand how Roger & Brian can do that.... to them, Queen , is/was FREDDIE MERCURY.

2) Brian is saying how "Paul was a early influence on Freddie".... I say that Freddie may have very well respected Paul... but I can't say I have ever heard any Paul insprired sounding vocals from Mr. Mercury.

3) When it comes down to brass tacks...
People who aren't big Queen fans don't give a shit
People who are somewhat Queen fans think this is bullshit, and many just thought/assumed that "Queen" was Freddie Mercury's alter ego... therefore, how could there be a "Queen" tour without Freddie Mercury.... just as a "Elton John" tour couldn't happen without "Reginal Dwight" (Elton's real name).

Die hard fans are split in the middle.
Some will take anything Queen related they can get.
Some want the legacy put to bed... and say if Roger & Brian want to do something...fine...just don't call it Queen.

Sharon G. (not me, the other) is one of these fans. She is a Queen purist. Queen is Freddie, John, Roger, Brian.... if its not that lineup, its not Queen... its not Queen + ....etc...there is NO QUEEN to these people.

In my hometown, I would say among most musician's feel... you simply cannot have the band "Queen" without Freddie Mercury.

Now, I realize that most people on this website are FOR the tour, and are FOR new material.

Permed Poodle.... I TOTALLY can accept your opinion of not liking this current "Queen" situation.

However, there is a major *asterik* after your opinion.

You speak of how PR can't sing, and should be jailed for his sins..etc..etc...
but then go on to suggest that Robbie Williams, on the other hand, would kick total ass with Bri & Rog.

Please explain this....



bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi,

The reason I like Robbie Williams is because he entertains the crowd gets them involved and puts on a damm good show. The guy can sing and would be able to do justice(as best as you can) to Queen songs + some of his own material. However I would still not accept the show being billed as Queen + Robbie Williams. Here in the UK Robbie remains MASSIVE and because of this he warrants being TOP BILL. I think Brian and Roger would have been better accepting an invitation from Robbie to perform with him on some live shows. This way Brian and Roger would still be enjoying themselves playing live and would be selling Queen music to a new generation of fans.

The gigs could be advertised as Robbie Williams + special guests Brian May, Roger Taylor from Queen.

As for Paul Rodgers I just don't like his voice and the way he sings Queen songs. I have watched video clips of him with BM & RT and have listened to snippets of the new live CD to form my opinion. I just feel he is a bad choice of singer.

If push came to shove I would rather have someone similar to Freddie (Robbie.W)than Paul Rodgers


Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
Sharron .G user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 219 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

Hi,

The reason I like Robbie Williams is because he entertains the crowd gets them involved and puts on a damm good show. The guy can sing and would be able to do justice(as best as you can) to Queen songs + some of his own material. However I would still not accept the show being billed as Queen + Robbie Williams. Here in the UK Robbie remains MASSIVE and because of this he warrants being TOP BILL. I think Brian and Roger would have been better accepting an invitation from Robbie to perform with him on some live shows. This way Brian and Roger would still be enjoying themselves playing live and would be selling Queen music to a new generation of fans.


But you have to admit, when you are as big as Brian & Roger once were in their heyday (with help from Mr. Mercury) they were playing 150,000 + sold out stadium's. Poodle, you certainly aren't suggesting that they have to "accept" an invitation from the likes of Robbie Williams??

Robbie may be massive right now in the UK as you say (he's nothing in the USA) .... but he's still not in Brian or Roger's league.

The gigs could be advertised as Robbie Williams + special guests Brian May, Roger Taylor from Queen.


But how does this make Taylor & May look?
This would mean when they were with Freddie, they sold out stadium's ... now they have to accept a invitation with someone young enough to be their sons, whose core audience is 14 yr old girls.

Certainly you can see where Queen + Paul Rodgers is going to sell many more arena's out than "Robbie Williams , who had one hit song in the USA, with 2 washed out has beens who used to back Freddie Mercury"



As for Paul Rodgers I just don't like his voice and the way he sings Queen songs. I have watched video clips of him with BM & RT and have listened to snippets of the new live CD to form my opinion. I just feel he is a bad choice of singer.


Certainly you can have your own opinion on this. I think Brian's idea of a a Freddie fill in was someone who had his own style, his own fans, his own fame, and was old enough to relate with Brian & Roger (all 3 are appox. the same age).

Freddie Mercury always will be a legend.
Like it or not...Paul Rodgers is too.

I much prefer Brian & Roger having a legend in his own right fill in for Freddie, then a 25 yr old wanna be doing a Freddie impersenation.

One thing even you Poodle will have to admit about Rodgers is...in no way is he trying to be Freddie.

I respect that myself.

I agree...Paul does some Queen songs better than others....his "I want to break free, A kind of magic, Another one bites the dust"...leaves alot to be desired...

Even Paul knows this...other songs sound great.

Paul Rodgers is considered in the USA (I presume UK as well) to be the BEST white, blues based, rock singer of all time.

Our Freddie was everything, and anything but blues based... so of course the 2 will sound different.

If push came to shove I would rather have someone similar to Freddie (Robbie.W)than Paul Rodgers


I would not...it would absolutely be the most disrespectful thing Brian & Roger could do.

What it boils down to Poodle, one legend is filling in for another....its no more complicated than that.

NOTWMEDDLE user not visiting Queenzone.com
NOTWMEDDLE
Bohemian: 691 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharron .G wrote:

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

Hi,

The reason I like Robbie Williams is because he entertains the crowd gets them involved and puts on a damm good show. The guy can sing and would be able to do justice(as best as you can) to Queen songs + some of his own material. However I would still not accept the show being billed as Queen + Robbie Williams. Here in the UK Robbie remains MASSIVE and because of this he warrants being TOP BILL. I think Brian and Roger would have been better accepting an invitation from Robbie to perform with him on some live shows. This way Brian and Roger would still be enjoying themselves playing live and would be selling Queen music to a new generation of fans.


But you have to admit, when you are as big as Brian & Roger once were in their heyday (with help from Mr. Mercury) they were playing 150,000 + sold out stadium's. Poodle, you certainly aren't suggesting that they have to "accept" an invitation from the likes of Robbie Williams??

Robbie may be massive right now in the UK as you say (he's nothing in the USA) .... but he's still not in Brian or Roger's league.

The gigs could be advertised as Robbie Williams + special guests Brian May, Roger Taylor from Queen.


But how does this make Taylor & May look?
This would mean when they were with Freddie, they sold out stadium's ... now they have to accept a invitation with someone young enough to be their sons, whose core audience is 14 yr old girls.

Certainly you can see where Queen + Paul Rodgers is going to sell many more arena's out than "Robbie Williams , who had one hit song in the USA, with 2 washed out has beens who used to back Freddie Mercury"



As for Paul Rodgers I just don't like his voice and the way he sings Queen songs. I have watched video clips of him with BM & RT and have listened to snippets of the new live CD to form my opinion. I just feel he is a bad choice of singer.


Certainly you can have your own opinion on this. I think Brian's idea of a a Freddie fill in was someone who had his own style, his own fans, his own fame, and was old enough to relate with Brian & Roger (all 3 are appox. the same age).

Freddie Mercury always will be a legend.
Like it or not...Paul Rodgers is too.

I much prefer Brian & Roger having a legend in his own right fill in for Freddie, then a 25 yr old wanna be doing a Freddie impersenation.

One thing even you Poodle will have to admit about Rodgers is...in no way is he trying to be Freddie.

I respect that myself.

I agree...Paul does some Queen songs better than others....his "I want to break free, A kind of magic, Another one bites the dust"...leaves alot to be desired...

Even Paul knows this...other songs sound great.

Paul Rodgers is considered in the USA (I presume UK as well) to be the BEST white, blues based, rock singer of all time.

Our Freddie was everything, and anything but blues based... so of course the 2 will sound different.

If push came to shove I would rather have someone similar to Freddie (Robbie.W)than Paul Rodgers


I would not...it would absolutely be the most disrespectful thing Brian & Roger could do.

What it boils down to Poodle, one legend is filling in for another....its no more complicated than that.


Robbie Williams is a joke here in America. Robbie had a minor hit with Millenium in the US and the song Angels tanked although Jessica Simpson had a somewhat bigger hit with her remake. Robbie is in the UK what Justin Timberlake is here in the US, a boy band defect who got famous for being in a boy band. Robbie is a cockroach. Paul Rodgers is hugely respected here in the US and some say the greatest rock singer in history not counting Freddie, Robert Plant, Roger Daltrey.


"Spread your wings and fly away, fly away, far away!", "No one makes me sing lullabies and no one makes me close my eyes"
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharron G. said...

''Paul Rodgers is considered in the USA (I presume UK as well) to be the BEST white, blues based, rock singer of all time.''

As a US citizen, just want to point out that various music afficiandos, fans, critics here in the USA are NOT unanimous in that.

Other great white blues/rock singers from the USA and UK that are regarded as ''all time greats'' here in the USA are....

......JOE COCKER

......Gregg Allman

.....some even say Stevie Ray Vaughan

and those are just a few...




xyz
kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm in the USA and I never heard anyone say Paul Rodgers was the best blues/rock singer. Steve Winwood, Joe Cocker gets a lot of respect. Stevie Ray Vaughn doesn't get a lot of respect as a vocalist lol. I think Paul Rodgers is better than all of him though. IMO his best vocal performance I know of (not familar with his entire catalog) is All Right Now, I wonder if he can still sing that high.

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 19:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kdj2hot wrote:

I'm in the USA and I never heard anyone say Paul Rodgers was the best blues/rock singer. Steve Winwood, Joe Cocker gets a lot of respect. Stevie Ray Vaughn doesn't get a lot of respect as a vocalist lol. I think Paul Rodgers is better than all of him though. IMO his best vocal performance I know of (not familar with his entire catalog) is All Right Now, I wonder if he can still sing that high.


Thank you, I forgot about the GREAT Stevie Winwood who I adore... (I said there were more I just can't think of em' all), and yes, Steve Winwood is damn near REVERED as a holy entity here in the USA, from his days with Blind Faith, The Spencer Davis Group, Traffic, his solo work and yes I have his solo albums.

Winwood also still regualrly tours here and NOT at free carnivals and fairs, (Like Paul Rodgers was doing).

Every year Steve Winwood comes to the Washington DC/Maryland area and plays either WolfTrap Center For The Performing Arts or Merriweather Post Pavilion.


xyz
Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

Hi,

The reason I like Robbie Williams is because he entertains the crowd gets them involved and puts on a damm good show. The guy can sing and would be able to do justice(as best as you can) to Queen songs + some of his own material. However I would still not accept the show being billed as Queen + Robbie Williams. Here in the UK Robbie remains MASSIVE and because of this he warrants being TOP BILL. I think Brian and Roger would have been better accepting an invitation from Robbie to perform with him on some live shows. This way Brian and Roger would still be enjoying themselves playing live and would be selling Queen music to a new generation of fans.

The gigs could be advertised as Robbie Williams + special guests Brian May, Roger Taylor from Queen.

As for Paul Rodgers I just don't like his voice and the way he sings Queen songs. I have watched video clips of him with BM & RT and have listened to snippets of the new live CD to form my opinion. I just feel he is a bad choice of singer.

If push came to shove I would rather have someone similar to Freddie (Robbie.W)than Paul Rodgers


See? This is why BPP should always be welcome here. He does validate his arguments. Yes, his posts bother people, and sometimes I even think, "oh get a load of THIS!" to some of the things he says. Hopefully he has the same reaction to some of the things I say. BUT, the bottom line is that no one HAS to read or respond to his comments.

BPP you're OK in my book (until the next time you say . . .) ;)


I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
Suigi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 856 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't say I'm a big fan of either.
I was personally rooting for George Michaels, like everyone else was post-FM Tribute.
Robbie's got the showmanship, but he doesn't have the same electricity about him as Fred did.
Neither does Paul, for that matter.

That being said, take it with a grain of salt, realize that these guys aren't trying to tarnish Freddie's name and Queen's name, but keep it on the tongues of people.
If you haven't noticed, Queen is riding a mini-high of popularity at the moment.


HE ROCKS US STILL.

Proud Supporter of the Queen Lives Compilation
Sharron .G user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 219 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Sharron G. said...

''Paul Rodgers is considered in the USA (I presume UK as well) to be the BEST white, blues based, rock singer of all time.''

As a US citizen, just want to point out that various music afficiandos, fans, critics here in the USA are NOT unanimous in that.

Other great white blues/rock singers from the USA and UK that are regarded as ''all time greats'' here in the USA are....

......JOE COCKER

......Gregg Allman

.....some even say Stevie Ray Vaughan

and those are just a few...



Arlene... read the details in what I wrote..white, blues based, ROCK SINGER.

Where can I pick up Stevie Ray's rock album??
All blues for him.

Gregg Allman??
Some nights Greg sounds great...some nights Greg has the most horrible, annoying, out of tune voice you have ever heard... and you know this is true.

Greg's voice HAS NOT withstood the test of time like Paul Rodgers...thats a fact.

Joe Cocker... hey, I love the guy... he's just not a rock singer...his albums are found in the same part of the music store as Manilow and Humperdink albums...thats not rock.



lmj user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 132 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 21:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THERE'S NO QUEEN WITHOUT FREDDIE.
The game is over since 1991.

iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 21:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

robbie williams had his chance

and he pulled out of it






i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 21:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Suigi wrote:

I can't say I'm a big fan of either.
I was personally rooting for George Michaels, like everyone else was post-FM Tribute.
Robbie's got the showmanship, but he doesn't have the same electricity about him as Fred did.
Neither does Paul, for that matter.

That being said, take it with a grain of salt, realize that these guys aren't trying to tarnish Freddie's name and Queen's name, but keep it on the tongues of people.
If you haven't noticed, Queen is riding a mini-high of popularity at the moment.


OMG, I'm totally with you. George Michael would've been perfect and I was really wishing they'd work with him. His tone is perfect he has great range he would've been a s perfect as possible. Freddie might've thought he would've been a good replacement if he could choose but remember the hardest rockers of the group are choosing who they work with. Remember Queen was very volatile meaning that made them great with each member bringing something different but there was a lot a fight and it wasnt always peachy during the creative process they said so Paul Rodgers or someone like that is a natural choice for them. I'm a lil' shocked that they were so close to working with Robbie Williams, he's in George Michaels catagory but on a much lower level talent wise so I dont have a clue what problem they had with George. There must've been one if he was never seriously considered.

kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 22:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sharron .G wrote:

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Sharron G. said...

''Paul Rodgers is considered in the USA (I presume UK as well) to be the BEST white, blues based, rock singer of all time.''

As a US citizen, just want to point out that various music afficiandos, fans, critics here in the USA are NOT unanimous in that.

Other great white blues/rock singers from the USA and UK that are regarded as ''all time greats'' here in the USA are....

......JOE COCKER

......Gregg Allman

.....some even say Stevie Ray Vaughan

and those are just a few...



Arlene... read the details in what I wrote..white, blues based, ROCK SINGER.

Where can I pick up Stevie Ray's rock album??
All blues for him.

Gregg Allman??
Some nights Greg sounds great...some nights Greg has the most horrible, annoying, out of tune voice you have ever heard... and you know this is true.

Greg's voice HAS NOT withstood the test of time like Paul Rodgers...thats a fact.

Joe Cocker... hey, I love the guy... he's just not a rock singer...his albums are found in the same part of the music store as Manilow and Humperdink albums...thats not rock.



Sharron, honey, (are you a guy or a gal lol) if you think Stevie Ray Vaughn was all blues you're insane. Have you ever heard real blues? Robert Johnson, Blind Lemon Jeffries, BB King a lil' later on. It's not the same type of music. SRV is blues based rock, the definition of it really.

NOTWMEDDLE user not visiting Queenzone.com
NOTWMEDDLE
Bohemian: 691 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 22:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

kdj2hot wrote:

I'm in the USA and I never heard anyone say Paul Rodgers was the best blues/rock singer. Steve Winwood, Joe Cocker gets a lot of respect. Stevie Ray Vaughn doesn't get a lot of respect as a vocalist lol. I think Paul Rodgers is better than all of him though. IMO his best vocal performance I know of (not familar with his entire catalog) is All Right Now, I wonder if he can still sing that high.


Thank you, I forgot about the GREAT Stevie Winwood who I adore... (I said there were more I just can't think of em' all), and yes, Steve Winwood is damn near REVERED as a holy entity here in the USA, from his days with Blind Faith, The Spencer Davis Group, Traffic, his solo work and yes I have his solo albums.

Winwood also still regualrly tours here and NOT at free carnivals and fairs, (Like Paul Rodgers was doing).

Every year Steve Winwood comes to the Washington DC/Maryland area and plays either WolfTrap Center For The Performing Arts or Merriweather Post Pavilion.


On the making of Bad Company's Desolation Angels on the US rock radio show In the Studio(which documented the making of rock's best albums), the narrator Redbeard said "everyone agreeing that Paul was(and still is) one of the greatest voices in rock history". Paul's voice has aged WELL unlike Gregg Allman who sounds like Hell. SRV died young and Joe Cocker's sounds like Hell too.


"Spread your wings and fly away, fly away, far away!", "No one makes me sing lullabies and no one makes me close my eyes"
Knute user not visiting Queenzone.com
Knute
Bohemian: 807 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 22:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene, you make me laugh with some of your assertions.

Bad Company had more chart success in 1970's America than the Allmans or Joe Cocker or SRV in the 80's.(And by the way saying Stevie is not blues, but blues rock is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. SRV was vintage Albert King electric blues with many a nod to Hendrix, but in a blues context).

Bad Co's first three albums charted #1,#3,#4 in the states, and their fifth album hit #3. That's four of five in top 5!

Give me one instance where the Allmans or Cocker matched that with three consecutive albums. The Allmans come closest I think with 2 consecutive barnburners in Eat a Peach and Brothers and Sisters.

PR is the definitive blues-based rock singer. The best at it bar none. Has been since 1969. His problem is that his name has always been swallowed up in the bands he was in.

He still doesn't have widespread name recognition for the most part, but that's in the process of changing as we speak.

Sharron .G user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 219 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 23:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kdj2hot wrote:

Sharron .G wrote:

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

Sharron G. said...

''Paul Rodgers is considered in the USA (I presume UK as well) to be the BEST white, blues based, rock singer of all time.''

As a US citizen, just want to point out that various music afficiandos, fans, critics here in the USA are NOT unanimous in that.

Other great white blues/rock singers from the USA and UK that are regarded as ''all time greats'' here in the USA are....

......JOE COCKER

......Gregg Allman

.....some even say Stevie Ray Vaughan

and those are just a few...



Arlene... read the details in what I wrote..white, blues based, ROCK SINGER.

Where can I pick up Stevie Ray's rock album??
All blues for him.

Gregg Allman??
Some nights Greg sounds great...some nights Greg has the most horrible, annoying, out of tune voice you have ever heard... and you know this is true.

Greg's voice HAS NOT withstood the test of time like Paul Rodgers...thats a fact.

Joe Cocker... hey, I love the guy... he's just not a rock singer...his albums are found in the same part of the music store as Manilow and Humperdink albums...thats not rock.



Sharron, honey, (are you a guy or a gal lol) if you think Stevie Ray Vaughn was all blues you're insane. Have you ever heard real blues? Robert Johnson, Blind Lemon Jeffries, BB King a lil' later on. It's not the same type of music. SRV is blues based rock, the definition of it really.


Kdj2hot...I really wish you would quit offering up sexy talk to me...I'm the dude in Ohio you burnt Queen cds for.

To make fun of "Sharon G" for one FUCKING thread I signed in with this name....now I can't get it off my damn computer...trust me... being "Sharron G" doesn't get me horney.

Meanwhile, you won't find a Stevie Ray Vaughan album in any section or any catagory besides blues... you can scrutinize and anaylize all you want.

If you called SRV anything but a blueman to his face...he'd kick your ass.

Real Blues?? I have sat on BB King's 1966 Fender Twin amp while he's been playing...a rainy night in Columbus Ohio in 1996, at the brewery district.

Bad Company was a rock band with a blues based singer.
Stevie Ray Vaughan was a blues man, with a blues based voice.

You can't compare the two...and if you did... Paul would say "Damn. can that SRV play guitar".... and SRV would tell you what a singer Paul is. I guarantee it.

Oberon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 499 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 04:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PR's voice and style does not fit perfectly with the Queen style, but I think they've done enough to make an entertaining show. I certainly enjoyed all three concerts I attended - even the Wembley tent affair (the sound was ok!).

George Michael did his songs fantastic at the Freddie Tribute, but think about the songs he did - they're the ones PR DOESN'T do on this tour. GM is a much more soulfull singer, and I really don't think he would fit the rock side at all, and that really precludes him. And the final nail in that coffin is that he doesn't like touring (and so doesn't!).

Robbie Williams is good at what HE does, but I don't think he really fits with BM + RT. Also, in Europe, his status is such that he would feel he'd want more of his material in the show, so it wouldn't be what BM + RT were looking for in the tour.

So, on the whole, I think they made the right choice of front man, and the balance of the show with BM + RT doing vocals is quite good, although I wouldn't be upset if PR did more vocals

Finally, might I say that this thread is much more enjoyable as BPP has put forward reasoned arguments rather than nonsensical rants. More of that style please people. We all have opinions, and if we state them rationally, we'll all get along fine, whether we agree or not.


Tatterdemalion and the junketer

There's a thief and a dragonfly trumpeter
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh god, why are you people STILL wasting your time on BPP? He has been saying the same stuff for months like a broken record. He has his opinions, just as others have theirs, so just let the guy live. And BPP, just let us live as well. Stop stuffing your opinions down people's throats as if they were more valid than theirs.


"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
englishyob user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 526 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BPP would be welcome if he just excepted the fact that some people are for the tour and enjoyed the tour, but he keeps going on and on about how we shouldn’t buy this or we should go see that. Ok BPP I respect the fact u don’t like the tour or Paul Rogers there are a number of other people who share your views but don’t keep spamming or crying about if every other day if happened nothing you can do to stop it now.

For one I’m for the tour I respect Brian and Roger for doing what there do by keeping Queen and Freddie alive if there didn’t Queen and Freddie would just fade away into nothing and there wouldn’t be a new generation of Queen fan and yes I mean Queen fans not Queen+Paul Rogers but Queen