Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Rarest Queen Concert

forum rss feed
Author

greaserkat user not visiting Queenzone.com
greaserkat
Bohemian: 678 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 05, 15:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what is the rarest Queen concert out there that was filmed but has not surfaced yet? I dont mean like the best or anything like that. In other words, what concert is worth a lot of money compared to the other queen concerts that were filmed and are available?

Darling, Im not going to be a rockstar, Im going to be a LEGEND!!
kagezan1313 user not visiting Queenzone.com
kagezan1313
Bohemian: 940 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 17:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen at Wally Lenscher's barmitzvah, 1982. I've got the whole thing on super-8 - bidding starts at $3,000,000.

Thank you, God bless you, sweet dreams you lot of tarts, Good-bye!
pcgenius9 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 937 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah Drammen 82

Dislocate your spine...
Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 21:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My 18th birthday party... Freddie was in the cake, and after we licked the frosting off him they performed a short 3 hour set. had it all on video until my falling out with Brian May. burned it.

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 04:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=black>ROG<font color=gold>37 wrote:

Mike Preston wrote:

My 18th birthday party... Freddie was in the cake, and after we licked the frosting off him they performed a short 3 hour set. had it all on video until my falling out with Brian May. burned it.

Mike? Can I have it? :)

you want the ashes? ;)

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 09:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sunbury 1974, Australia.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 10:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Drammen was not filmed.
(Though some people once made us believe every Euro Hot Space show has been filmed, no proof has ever surfaced anywhere).

And THE rarest filmed concerts are mostly the ones that where recorded from the audiance. There are shows out there that the majority in here does not even know off. God knows what's REALY out there in one form or another... Shows maybe a couple of dozen people in the world have. Shows maybe five people in the world have. Shows that are not mentioned on queenconcerts.com, Surely there are even recordings out there, that still only remain in the collection of the one person who recorded it...

icmrocha (The Man From Planet Marzipan) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe the ones from Sun City?

"The years have been unkind...

but kind enough!"
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 12:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=black> Ivanonymous </b> wrote:

Maybe the ones from Sun City?

Those aren't THAT (what jeroen was talking about) rare, are they?

« Jay » user not visiting Queenzone.com
« Jay »
Bohemian: 843 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 13:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are rumours that someone owns a 10 min Super 8 film reel of the 08.12.1974 Hague, Holland concert.
I actually doubt that since not even a audio recording has surfaced.

Shadysenator RHYE user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 179 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I checked the congres centre the Hague 2 years ago, but no recordings of the queen night survived or were taken by Queenproductions. Though it is and was a congrescentre they have camera set ups asa standard mut not many shows have been filmed by these camera's.

Rare vid's
- Brussels 84
- Leiden 82
- Monterry 81
- Puebla 81
- New York beacon theatre 76
- And a 45 minute film of 74 usa show which no-one seems to know which date or place it is...freddies speaches were cut out so there is no hello NY or La etc...
- Alexandra palace 79
- and 73-74 show (not RAINBOW!!!) Footage can be seen in the KILLER QUEEN BBC documentary (the part where Zandra Rhodes gets interviewed about fred's cloting!!)
- BBC now I;m here rehearsal

And audio so many......... And Drammen seems to get less rare at htis time......But it isn't that good!!!! As the rumour states it is.... it's just a GOOD show... Personally I think the Vienna shows are better or the second Leiden Date beet the Drammen show...

hi kya
« Jay »

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

S van der Veen wrote:

I checked the congres centre the Hague 2 years ago, but no recordings of the queen night survived or were taken by Queenproductions. Though it is and was a congrescentre they have camera set ups asa standard mut not many shows have been filmed by these camera's.Date beet the Drammen show...

A friend of my uncle attended that concert when he was 19 years old. So it's from him who I got this info.

He said it was rather crowded there but he remembers that someone in the audience was filming parts of the concert with a Super 8 camera. (since it cost about 50 Dutch gulden to process 5 minutes back then, I guess only a few minutes have been filmed.) He also said Queen performed quite well that day although it was the first time he ever saw them as a band.

So there's definitely footage of that day but if it survived in any way is of course uncertain.

sexmachine user not visiting Queenzone.com
ready to reload
sexmachine
Bohemian: 466 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

why don´t you make a request in the local newspaper?

Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
« Jay »

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 04:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well mostly due to the fact that making an add in the paper costs too much for my wallet right now and besides if the footage has survived it's probably in the hands of a private collector.

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 06:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

« Jay » wrote:

Well mostly due to the fact that making an add in the paper costs too much for my wallet right now and besides if the footage has survived it's probably in the hands of a private collector.

Well, the guy that is SUPPOSED to be the owner of this piece of history (I say suppose, cause I am not convinced of the accuracy of the info that came to me) should be a German guy. Not realy a fan, but a guy that worked for a tv/film-company. The tapes are supposed to be locked away somewhere in an enourmous mess of an archive and the guy doesn't want to take the time to search everything out. (Also because he now lives in another country and is just too far away to hop by...)

« Jay »

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 06:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

S van der Veen wrote:

- and 73-74 show (not RAINBOW!!!) Footage can be seen in the KILLER QUEEN BBC documentary (the part where Zandra Rhodes gets interviewed about fred's cloting!!)

It's funny you should mention that. I've been wondering about that as well. Somehow when I look at those clips I get the feeling that they were profesionally recored because of the image quality and camera standpoint.

Yet again an example that there's a lot more out there then we know. :-)

on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 11:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Was the first night of the Works tour in brussels professionally filmed?Freddie was in great voice during this show and this would be great stuff to see.Also freddie with his boobs:-)during break free

on my way up
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jeroen wrote:

« Jay » wrote:

Well, the guy that is SUPPOSED to be the owner of this piece of history (I say suppose, cause I am not convinced of the accuracy of the info that came to me) should be a German guy. Not realy a fan, but a guy that worked for a tv/film-company. The tapes are supposed to be locked away somewhere in an enourmous mess of an archive and the guy doesn't want to take the time to search everything out. (Also because he now lives in another country and is just too far away to hop by...)

Jeroen, you are dead right. You have spoken to the same guy as me.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No the rarest is Syracuse 1977. My friends mom went there and recorded some of the concert. Audio only. It's okay quality, but don't ask to post it. That woman wouldn't let that recording leave her presence for a half a second...I was surprised she let me listen to it. :P

-Onondaga War Memorial 1977, she went to the 1980 concert but didn't record it.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the rarest queen concert would be - without doubt

a Queen + Paul Rodgers concert that BRYAN'S PERMED POODLE didn't drone on about like a fucking moaning cretin...now that would be a really fucking rare concert...almost as rare as Rocking Horse Shit!!!

go deo na hÉireann