Forums > Personal > What's the worst music genre?

forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know that many people might think that there's not really such thing as a bad music genre but rather a bad artist performer.

However, I have to say that this new latin thing called "reggeaton" is the biggest pile of shit on the face of the earth. It even makes hip-hop sound good.

Other really crappy music genres are bubblegum pop, bluegrass, folk, and country has also a tendency to sound crappy as well.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Queen& user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 562 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hip hop really pisses me off what realy winds me up is people like elton john doing it

Paddy Can You Hear Me Now

Phoenix Nights Series 1
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

woo hoo wrote:

hip hop really pisses me off what realy winds me up is people like elton john doing it

I happen to despise most hip-hop, but I really like 2Pac.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
pma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3462 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyone who labels such genres as bluegrass, folk and country as "crappy" is in my eyes not only an ignoramus but also greatly lacks taste, intelligence and integrity and probably eats babies for breakfast.

Country for me mostly doesn't even exist in the mainstream. Most U.S acts I see labelled as country are mere cowboy-hat wearing pop singers. I was apalled at the lack of actual country music when I for the first and last time saw a U.S Cmt-driven country music award show :-/

I shall continue to punish all fools at work with the genius that was Gram Parsons.

"I think now I can make love to your anus without making God angry"

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pma wrote:

Anyone who labels such genres as bluegrass, folk and country as "crappy" is in my eyes not only an ignoramus but also greatly lacks taste, intelligence and integrity and probably eats babies for breakfast.

HEY! It's not my fault those small little buggers taste so damn good.

I'll talk about this whole issue later. I gotta go take a fetus out of the fridge to be defrosted and I'll cook it while I listen to the "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?" soundtrack.

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think Hip Hop is rap. I read something that 'Another One Bites The Dust' was in the Hip Hop category.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 15:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RAP.

Ugh.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 17:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No genre is particularly bad...

...I just hate fakes. Cannot stand em. Westlife, Girls Aloud - the lot of em. Get so much credit and airplay for absolutely fuck all. I also hate attention seeking kinda bands like Coldplay, and all those new bands that seem to come out that are all the same (Snow Patrol, Razorlight, The Killers and Ebrace and all those kinda bands come out, then its Franz Ferdinand, The Futureheads, Kaiser Chiefs etc etc).

What ever happened to originality?

INXS user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 157 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rap and Hip Hop

Oh yes we'll keep on tryin'

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 17:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Didn't even have to think about it.

...............CRAP...er oops, sorry....RAP!!!!

Just love 50 Cent (count my 10 bullet holes), the Game, Kanye West, Tupac (Shoot Me) Shakur, Biggy (Shoot Me) Smalls, Chingy, Ludacris, Busta yo Mouth Rymes, Little (I Bust yo mouth before I serve my time in jail) Kim, Missy Misdeanor (more like felony) Elliott.

And what great record label names...Murder Inc., Deathrow.

And such stellar music executives...Suge (Lock My ass in jail!) Knight.

xyz
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 20:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with the fakes thing...I think it's pathetic how celebrities get recording contracts handed to them (even if they're not even celebrities!) just because they're famous. Ashlee Simpson, Haylie Duff, Paris Hilton...it's awful. Not to mention Hilary Duff pretending she's such a rock n' roller. Ugh.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 00:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rap does not begin with a silent "C" for nothing.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 03:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually, I'm not afraid to say I like rap, and sometimes I feel the need to stick up for it round here as it appears some people seem to be single minded. Do you hate rap becuase you feel the need to unfairly call names for simple yet banal prejudice? Or is it becuase you dislike the music? Becuase I get the impression it is NOT the latter.

I don't like all rap, particularly not Ja-Rule and the like, becuase they aren't very "honest" to me. They're all about impressing within their lyrics, much like 50 Cent CAN be on SOME songs, except, I can tolerate 50 Cent, purely becuase I am a big fan of Dr Dre's production, as well as Eminem's production, which leads me to say... I am a very big Eminem fan, as well as d12. No-one can deny Eminem's talent, and Eminem is in it for the fun and to take the piss for the most part, and it always makes me laugh to see people get worked up about him.

Other rappers such as Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, Tony Yayo, The Game (who I think is brilliant) and Obie Trice are all very good, not as big and famous as others though (well, except The Game maybe). And then you have proper legends like Tupac and Dr Dre (Im not a fan of B.I.G.). I don't care what anyone says too, regardless if you don't like the genre, it is petty to say Tupac was nothing. Tupac was a very tight lyricist.

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 09:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dance. Does dance count? If so, I would rather sift through a sewer looking for used syringes and condoms to feed to my 5000 pound wife and my 9 children, one of which is called Joseph. Joseph has a cleft pallette, cleft elbow, jaundice, heroin addiction and wants to be come a ball room dance judge.

So dance. It's not music! People trying to rock out to dance! People trying to dance to rock! Well..perhaps..but fuckin' 'ell. Stop sampling.

Go fuck yourselves.

Argh!

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
eggy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3358 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 10:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Suicidal singer/songwriters in the David Gray and now James Blunt mould. Fucking awful.

Hip hop/ rap
House / trance

etc etc.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

eggy wrote:

Suicidal singer/songwriters in the David Gray and now James Blunt mould. Fucking awful.

Hip hop/ rap
House / trance

etc etc.

I second that.
And add country, sorry pma :)

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the_hero wrote:

end 1980s hip hop

I don't think there's anything worse than contemporary hip-hop, and there's no doubt that Run DMC is by far better to listen than 50 Cent.

The reason why hip-hop nowdays is looked down as a crappy genre is because the increasing amount of cliches, that are just by now getting incredibly annoying.

YOUR AVERAGE HIP-HOP VIDEO (93.5% OF THEM ARE EXACTLY LIKE THIS)

- A hip hop video is shown in slow motion and has slow faded cuts.
- Rapper and his posse arrive at a mansion for a party.
- All guys are wearing basketball or football jerseys, and LOTS of bling bling.
- They come in luxurios cars, and of course what would be of a luxurious car owned by a rapper without THE RIMS. So include a close-up shot of the rims.
- Once a rapper arrive other members of the posse come to "holla" at them, and greet them with the common hip-hop salute of handshake and pulling each other together.
- Bitches (or the term rappers use to call all atractive women) they're usually wearing skimpy clothes or bikinis. Bitches are a rapper sex toy and they're commonly seen on hip-hop videos shaking their booties or surrounding a rapper in a jacuzzi, a swimming pool, or a couch.

Dances With Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1928 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well you've mentioned rap and hip hop and so on, but you've heard nothing before you discover Swedish Swing-music.... it's popular among sad scandinavian housewives. Really tragic. I hope someone comes up with a cure someday :/

"it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you're not"

killer_queen00 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 91 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hate Rap, Country, and like the new-age Pop sh&t.

I hate rap because there are three things they sing about:
1. Partying w/ hot chicks
2. Getting it on (in very descriptive ways)
3. Getting "bling" or "cribs" or cars

I hate country cuz it's a little too, well, idk, i just hate it.

I CANNOT stand Hilary Duff, Ashlee Simpson, Lindsay Lohan (she's a wh*re now anyways), etc. The worst of all is Hilary Duff, URGH, she's such a wannabe, and she's not even a good wannabe. Anyone who goes from Disney Channel to "rock" is obviously trying to fake it. URGH.

carboengine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1283 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 05, 03:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Polkas, although it is darn good exercise.

Yes, it was a worthwhile experience.