Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1. Dave Matthews Band
2. Limp Bizkit
3. Oasis
4. Hole
5. Lynyrd Skynard

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1) Queen
2) Brian May
3) Roger Taylor
4) Queen + Paul Rodgers
5) Beatles

Ok.. now that I have had my fun I will go back to lurking.. :)

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 15:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

5 is really not enough....

I agree with DMB, Limp Weenis, Hole, et al.

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 15:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fucking EUROPE, bastard TOTO, twatting ASIA
arsing WHITESNAKE, pissing MISTER MISTER

go deo na h√Čireann
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Coldplay are not my fave ones.....

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 22:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen&Matty wrote:

wot u think

I really shouldn't have even replied at all, because this is the most gramatically horrible sentence I've read in months. I count five errors, and it's only three words (four if it was written even somewhat properly).

I can't make a bottom five bands. Music for me isn't a popularity contest. It's about who appeals to who, as likes and dislikes in any art form are relative to one's tastes. But I still have a few things to say here:

Bands like Default, Nickelback, and Theory Of A Deadman are destroying a once proud genre of music in the mainstream called rock. They are turning commercial rock music into simplistic, predictable, musically untechnical, four-chord pop. In today's popular music in general, rarely do I hear even intermediate theoretical elements of music. When's the last time you heard a diminished-minor chord change in a new rock song? You often hear the minor-augmented-major-m7b5 progression in pop song bridges, but only because it's simply a descending chromatic bass line over the same two notes - not because the songwriter actually thought of it in those terms.

Am I making sense? :P

Btw, I'm surprised to see Dave Matthews, Asia, and Toto in this topic. All are great in my eyes, and all have fantastic musicians.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 22:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I forgot the utterly talentless Coldplay....

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
jasen101 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 00:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i hate that Freaking band Styx!

everyone else is ok.

Freddie: "Yes, we'll have a great big cock fly over the crowd!"

Roadies: "Yeah! Great Idea!"

Freddie: "And it will fly into a great big mouth with a moustache!"

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 02:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ROG37 wrote:

Backstreet Boys
Blue
Take That
Spice Girls

Rock groups??

Backstreet Boys

Don't let Mari read this ;)

Brenski wrote:

bastard TOTO

I can't agree with this. Saw them live a few month ago, and they are very good artists... What a timing, what a guitar technique and what a good bassist.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 05:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Colplay (fecking boring- and not sure where exactly 'rock' fits in...), Creed (Christian rock... give me a break- if a rock star pray instead of throwing the TV from the hotel window- there's sth wrong there ;) ), Nickelback, Poison (the worst from Poodle Metal), Slipknot (I can't listen to the music with those 9 guys jumping around and doing...a show? c'mon...), Cradle of filth (musically sometimes interesting, vocally VERY bad, lyrically... man, this guy is a prick...)

Whatever, there's few...

GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 05:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I cannot stand Coldplay or U2. Attention seekers wind me up so much. Bono and his "help the world, cause I'm not going to so you have to. Im rich but you spend your money on saving other countries" and all his other wanky, cringe-making speeched, and then theres Chris Martin with his message on his hands, boring tosser. Britains best loved rock band? Do me a lemon, when did droning with a bit of piano and some lazers constitute rock?

What I reallt hate are all these new bands like The Futureheads, and the Kaiser Chiefs, and Franz Ferdinand, and Snow Patrol, and the Killers, and Razorlight, and Embrace, and and and and... what happened to ORIGINALITY and doing things YOUR WAY? When did tit beomce cool to be the same as all the others? Its a joke nowadays, and crap magazines like NME support all this shit.

I like Kerrang coz it's one of the few completely rock (and most decent music) orientated mediums nowadays, but even they have started to suck up to all these new bands... Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium blah blah bla etc etc etc. Same old. Why does everyone have to be the "new Metallica" or the "new AC/Dc"? Why can't they be the "first" of something?

ORIGINALITY. Look it up.

Give me the Foo's or Muse any day of the week over this crap.

Sonia Doris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6254 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like 3 doors down

2+2=5
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GreatKingSam wrote:

What I reallt hate are all these new bands like The Futureheads, and the Kaiser Chiefs, and Franz Ferdinand, and Snow Patrol, and the Killers, and Razorlight, and Embrace, and and and and... what happened to ORIGINALITY and doing things YOUR WAY? When did tit beomce cool to be the same as all the others? Its a joke nowadays, and crap magazines like NME support all this shit.

With you on that one. The only one I kind of like is Razorlight. To hell with the rest... :)

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 07:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They all get SO much coverage, but why?

The Killers are just the same old vocals sounds and synthesizers, mixed with the same repetitive drum pattern, and then theres the Futureheads (I think) with I Predict A Riot, which may as well be a chorus taken from every Clash or Jam song.
Embrace are all but Coldplay repeated, and Coldplay are all but U2, just dummed down.
Franz Ferdinand are uninventive. Snow Patrol and Keane? A guitar and a decent colour of hair are pretty much the difference.

Lol, it REALLY rattles me about things like this.

Oasis are another band who, despite The Masterplan being a fucking AMAZING album (albeit a collection of b-sides and non-album tracks) and their latest single being really good, they're another band who I am bored of too.

I just wish bands were original again. I'm so grateful for The White Stripes - love em. Good ol fashioned rock and rock. Let's have more of it. God help us and get Queen to release something new, show em how its done...

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think The White Stripes are extremely overated. I listened to 'Elephant' (which seemed according to music critics the best thing since 'Dark Side Of The Moon') and although 'Seven Nation Army' and 'The Hardest Button To Button' are superb songs, the rest of the album was absolutely boring to even bother listening.

...they even make Coldplay sound good.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 09:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OAR.

Old Australian Robots as well.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

I think The White Stripes are extremely overated. I listened to 'Elephant' (which seemed according to music critics the best thing since 'Dark Side Of The Moon') and although 'Seven Nation Army' and 'The Hardest Button To Button' are superb songs, the rest of the album was absolutely boring to even bother listening.

...they even make Coldplay sound good.

I think that is rubbish to be honest, no offence. I am a White Stripes fan - I wont lie, and and am someone who very much has no time for Coldplay whatsoever. However... at the end of the day, don't believe critics, and make your own opinion. Critics PANNED In Utero (the final Nirvana album). In my opinion, it is their best work. If you believe everything critics say, you will have false impressions. Comparing something to Dark Side Of The Moon (although I'm not a Pink Floyyd fan at all, I can appreciate it is a good album in perspective), will give you a higher opinion of the album before you've even listened to it.

The White Stripes have the ability to change. Each album is different, and progress from the former. Whereas Coldplay? Do I even need to comment? Anyway, Ball & Biscuit is an amazing song, as is The Air Near My Fingers, You've Got Her In Your Pocket... Elephant is a very good album.

eggy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3358 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course bands are only original if their influences are Led Zep, Beatles, Pink Floyd etc etc.

Yawn.