Forums > Queen - General Discussion > ROTC down to the last position on the US chart

forum rss feed
Author

Fedepetti user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 29 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Sep 05, 17:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ROTC barely got a second week in the US chart.

The boys had luck this time, Return Of The Champions spent another week on the US Billboard 200 chart in the last position:

TW Position/LW Position/Wks on chart/Artist/Album/This Week/%Chg/Last Week/Total
200 84 2 Queen & Paul Rodgers, Return of the Champions 4,840 -59 11,340 16,206

So far we got:
Sep 05-11: 26 copies (street violations)
Sep 12-18: Week 1: #84 (11,340)
Sep 19-25: Week 2: #200 (4,840)

NOTWMEDDLE user not visiting Queenzone.com
NOTWMEDDLE
Bohemian: 691 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sales charts do not matter anymore with real music. Brain-dead kids buy what eMptyTV tell them to.

"Spread your wings and fly away, fly away, far away!", "No one makes me sing lullabies and no one makes me close my eyes"
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 16:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sales charts do matter. because sales are the bottom line. if they don't sell enough, then record companies drop them - and this equals NO MORE CDs being released. and that equals NO NEW QUEEN stuff

record companies will always have the rights over the back catalogue...but for a band to keep going they need a current money-making contract for new material

go deo na hÉireann
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

With Queen, they can get anyone to release their music. There has been a lot of advertisement of ROTC in the USA, so no one can blame the record company this time.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WHERE once have you seen an advertisement for "Return Of The Champions" in the U.S. of A.??!!! So how can you say it has been all over the place??!!!

ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As a resident of what the Amerikans like to call the "Olde World", (oh yes, I still eat French, rather than Freedom Fries), I thought I would peruse what the Amerikans quaintly call their Billboard Chart....

What hope has Queen, in a country where an artist called Damian "Jr Gong" Marley is on chart? Who is "Young Jeezy"? And what sort of country allows Mariah Carey to be 24 weeks on chart?

I do hold out hope for the Un-united States - I see Gorillaz....I see Coldplay...I see Paul McCartney....I see Bonnie Riatt....I see Counting Crows.

Alas, a country who allows tosh like white-boy poodle-haired, rockabilly trash like "Have a Nice Day" to debut at No 2 deserves to have its soft underbelly of social injustice well and truly exposed, indeed ripped open, with hurricane force.

Oh, and for the record....I ain't even a Muslim.

Cheers

Paul

PS Anyone wishing to argue with the above sentiments is under freedom of speech freely entitled to respond. Just watch you don't fall foul of the PATRIOT act when you do so.

PPS You allowed him to be voted in how many times....??????

"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AlexRocks wrote:

WHERE once have you seen an advertisement for "Return Of The Champions" in the U.S. of A.??!!! So how can you say it has been all over the place??!!!

Yeah, I agree...their advertisement here is awful. The only place I've heard Queen mentioned is on my classic rock radio station...

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

NOTWMEDDLE

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 22:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok.computer wrote:

As a resident of what the Amerikans like to call the "Olde World", (oh yes, I still eat French, rather than Freedom Fries), I thought I would peruse what the Amerikans quaintly call their Billboard Chart....

What hope has Queen, in a country where an artist called Damian "Jr Gong" Marley is on chart? Who is "Young Jeezy"? And what sort of country allows Mariah Carey to be 24 weeks on chart?

I do hold out hope for the Un-united States - I see Gorillaz....I see Coldplay...I see Paul McCartney....I see Bonnie Riatt....I see Counting Crows.

Alas, a country who allows tosh like white-boy poodle-haired, rockabilly trash like "Have a Nice Day" to debut at No 2 deserves to have its soft underbelly of social injustice well and truly exposed, indeed ripped open, with hurricane force.

Oh, and for the record....I ain't even a Muslim.

Cheers

Paul

PS Anyone wishing to argue with the above sentiments is under freedom of speech freely entitled to respond. Just watch you don't fall foul of the PATRIOT act when you do so.

PPS You allowed him to be voted in how many times....??????

Nirvana came because of Bon Jovi! If it were not for Kurt Cobain then Bon Jovi would have pussified music!

"Spread your wings and fly away, fly away, far away!", "No one makes me sing lullabies and no one makes me close my eyes"
NOTWMEDDLE

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

sales charts do matter. because sales are the bottom line. if they don't sell enough, then record companies drop them - and this equals NO MORE CDs being released. and that equals NO NEW QUEEN stuff

record companies will always have the rights over the back catalogue...but for a band to keep going they need a current money-making contract for new material

Brenski, sales DO NOT MATTER anymore. The Ramones didn't once have a Gold studio album in the US yet they influenced countless bands as has Motorhead, Velvet Underground, The Sex Pistols, Diamond Head and such. Many acts who sold tons of records(New Kids on the Block, Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, etc) are not remembered. America's tastes in music is PATHETIC where fake gangsta rap, pretty boy bands, U2 facsimiles and dolled-up pop tarts are force fed down America's throats.

7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree, promos have not been 'widespread' like half-page in Rolling Stone, SPIN, etc -- what a great way to promote the gigs AND the ROTC. But, my local rock radio station 94.3 WRLF Fairmont WV plays the heck out of Queen and had last Thursday 9/22 an entire Queen Day and gave away copies of ROTC to callers.

Somebody, please make Charlie D'Atri a whole pot of coffee...

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fedepetti wrote:

ROTC barely got a second week in the US chart.

The boys had luck this time, Return Of The Champions spent another week on the US Billboard 200 chart in the last position:

TW Position/LW Position/Wks on chart/Artist/Album/This Week/%Chg/Last Week/Total
200 84 2 Queen & Paul Rodgers, Return of the Champions 4,840 -59 11,340 16,206

So far we got:
Sep 05-11: 26 copies (street violations)
Sep 12-18: Week 1: #84 (11,340)
Sep 19-25: Week 2: #200 (4,840)

Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 17:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good. Freddie would love to see it fail

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sarah *Loves Freddie* Forever wrote:

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

Good. Freddie would love to see it fail

Two words - Fuck Off

2 words to you....."suck it"

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 17:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Like I'd bother my arse taking advice from you. You are not respected or liked on this board. Why don't you stop living in your little fantasy world and face facts?

You obviously don't know what Freddie was like, so why don't you put a sock in it.

I still get plenty of replies to my topics/posts darling many more than you will ever get I am seen as the VOICE of this forum and people generally pay homeage and give FULL RESPECT to my views. When I say Queen + PR is wrong people agree it's as simple as that. I suggest you follow the Poodle as well. You will learn a lot. I have have had 100's of e-mails from people like EnglishYob, Linda Of The Valley praising me with the words of wisdom and common sense that I give

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barry © wrote:

"2 words to you....."suck it"

She's only 13 you nonce.

Well she shouldn't be saying " Fuck Off" at 13 then. She should say Poodle your're the best respect.

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll say what I wish. I'm not two years old you know.

And before you think again about saying I am not a Queen fan or I don't give a toss about Freddie, take a look at my username eh?

I follow what's going on with the tour and that, but I wouldn't even be a Queen fan in the first place if it weren't for Freddie, Brian, Roger and John in the very beginning. So don't dare tell me I don't care, or I'm not a real fan. That's all I ask.

If your a real fan you must not support this tour. Queen are gone. Are no more. Can't you see Brian and Roger are just cashing in on the Queen name ?

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 05, 04:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The album entered the German charts at no 13 which is not bad. Live albums don't sell that well here.

I do not want any google ads here.

its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 05, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can someone just get him out of here! Ban the freak! Hes shite and needs to be stopped before anymore fights happen.

"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 05, 20:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

If your a real fan you must not support this tour. Queen are gone. Are no more. Can't you see Brian and Roger are just cashing in on the Queen name ?

Since when is there a criteria between "real" and "non-real" Queen fans? Since you imposed it on us through your hatred of Queen's desire to continue? You've made your point. Give it a rest.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Aisha Sweetness user not visiting Queenzone.com
Aisha Sweetness
Bohemian: 458 posts

Posted: 02 Oct 05, 08:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's at #43 in the irish charts and i have to say it is very expensive to buy over here €21.99 thats prob why its not too high in the chart, i didn't help the chart position either cause i bought it on Play.com for £8.99 which is aprox €13 and $15... how can HMV charge so much for c.d's? I have to say ireland is one of the dearest countries for c.d's it's crap... xx aisha xx

~You call me sweet like i'm some kind of cheese~

www.myspace.com/aishasweetness

www.myspace.com/eathamsandwich