Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > ANNOUNCE: 76-04-01 Tokyo mp3 (7 VG+ songs)

forum rss feed
Author

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Sep 05, 23:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any copies of this concert I have found off the the hub have always been poor quality with the exception of 3 songs:

Bo Rhap (opener)
Brighton Rock
Father to Son

I knew I had a better copy of Keep Yourself Alive (it is one of my favorite live versions of KYA) from an old bootleg compilation I had buried for a number of years. So, I compared my old bootleg compilation with my poor quality concert download, and found that the my bootleg compilation had the following 7 songs in at least VG+ quality.

Bo Rhap (opener)
Flick of the Wrist
Hangman
Brighton Rock
Father to Son
Keep Yourself Alive
Now I'm Here

I hope someone finds this download to be somewhat useful, as this torrent has 4 greatly improved songs and 3 slightly improved songs...

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: 76-04-01 Tokyo (improved excerpts).torrent 4 KB

View Stats on this torrent

This has been downloaded 224 time(s).

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 00:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just noticed that the incomplete ToKyo concert from 3 day later (76-04-04) is nearly a perfect complement to the above 7 songs from 76-04-01 Tokyo (only the Bo Rhap opening is duplicated in both bootlegs. One could conceivably combine both these two bootlegs, ala Montreal 81, into one nearly complete pseudo-concert (only missing Bring Back that Leroy Brown, Son & Daughter, and the medley).

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
mazz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 57 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 01:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thank you for 7 very good songs i like the early queen sets great

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 02:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for this!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rip Van Winkle wrote:

I just noticed that the incomplete ToKyo concert from 3 day later (76-04-04) is nearly a perfect complement to the above 7 songs from 76-04-01 Tokyo (only the Bo Rhap opening is duplicated in both bootlegs. One could conceivably combine both these two bootlegs, ala Montreal 81, into one nearly complete pseudo-concert (only missing Bring Back that Leroy Brown, Son & Daughter, and the medley).

Are you sure all the tracks are genuinely from the April 1st show? If so, then this sounds like a great idea! I'll do it. Please send me an email, Mike.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 30 Sep 05, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the offer, but I have Tokyo 76-4-4, so I can create this two concert combo myself. I will probably upload the torrent tonight.

Anyway, I believe these 7 songs are genuine based on comparing these songs with the hub 76-4-1 concert and finding these unique parts to be identical:

B Rhap: "Leave me to die-aye ... come-on" near end of song

FotW / Hangman: Dialogue between songs

Brighton Rock: "yeah, right" at about 1:50, and bothe song versions just under 10:30 long

Father to Son: Dialogue before song

KYA: "Whatta bout you out there - Don't be shy" in beginning of song

Now I'm Here: "Babe you make me live again and again and again" near the beginning of the song.

St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 01 Oct 05, 01:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As promised, I just created a concert combo torrent.