Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > mp3 shares

forum rss feed
Author

Jamaleni user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 05, 08:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Did anyone else noticed that quality of mp3 concrts that are shared lately dropped down. I personally don't have anything against mp3 format but for god's sake, don't encode songs in anything below 120 kbps.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 05, 09:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

did it not occur to you that the people sharing the gigs may have actually 'acquired' them in low format?


go deo na hÉireann
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 05, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's their (uploaders) right to encode it in the bitrate they want it to, so... :( IMHO

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 05, 11:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

Yup. Whether it's 320 or 128 or 64 kbps, the quality still sucks. It's lossy.


Yes... We all know those flac concerts taped thirty years ago in the toilet of a pub with $50 worth of equipment are really spectacular... ;)

Jamaleni user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 05, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tero wrote:

<b><font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

Yup. Whether it's 320 or 128 or 64 kbps, the quality still sucks. It's lossy.


Yes... We all know those flac concerts taped thirty years ago in the toilet of a pub with $50 worth of equipment are really spectacular... ;)


LOL

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 05, 14:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The sharp snapping sound of Freddie's leg injury in Hanover during the Works tour sounds exquisitely clear and exhilating in FLAC, but sounds like crap in mp3. LOL

Oh wait that's right, both the FLAC and mp3 versions Of Hanover are worthless, because they both sound like crap.


Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 05, 14:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tero wrote:

<b><font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

Yup. Whether it's 320 or 128 or 64 kbps, the quality still sucks. It's lossy.


Yes... We all know those flac concerts taped thirty years ago in the toilet of a pub with $50 worth of equipment are really spectacular... ;)


yes my arguement exactly - but no-one listens...the only thing more certain is that Casper was going to make that comment!!! ;-)


go deo na hÉireann
mazz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 57 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 05, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

somthing is better than nothing


flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 05, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#FF399> Linda Of The Valley wrote:

Oh relax everyone. At least the people are sharing.

*rolls eyes*


i agree!!!

*rolls eys 2nd time* *shit cant stop rolling eyes*


oo la la
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Oct 05, 01:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:



yes my arguement exactly - but no-one listens...


No-one, except old Serry who doesn't have free terabytes on his PC

tilomagnet user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Oct 05, 03:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rip Van Winkle wrote:

Oh wait that's right, both the FLAC and mp3 versions Of Hanover are worthless, because they both sound like crap.

Strange, I remember lots of people had been requesting it for months although everyone knew it was poor quality. They were crazy about this show because it was considered one of the 'rarest' Works shows and of course because of Freddie's accident. Now it's called worthless....

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Oct 05, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tilomagnet wrote:

Rip Van Winkle wrote:

Oh wait that's right, both the FLAC and mp3 versions Of Hanover are worthless, because they both sound like crap.

Strange, I remember lots of people had been requesting it for months although everyone knew it was poor quality. They were crazy about this show because it was considered one of the 'rarest' Works shows and of course because of Freddie's accident. Now it's called worthless....


Many people wanted it only because it is rare. It still sounds like crap. Many people who downloaded it were unhappy with the poor sound. Anyone want my latest used condom? It's rare - one of a kind. I'll fish it out of the trash and sell it to the highest bidder.

I seem to remember lots of people wanting Slane Castle 86 because of a fight. Having a sick fascination with fights or leg injuries does not make a concert worthwhile in FLAC or mp3 if the sound is horrible.

The silent Buffalo video is worthless too. Gasp blasphemy.

If it is not listenable or watchable it is worthless IMHO.


Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
rachael mae. user not visiting Queenzone.com
i am lush
rachael mae.
Royalty: 1489 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Oct 05, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*picks up Linda's eyes*

I have no problem with mp3. But haven't we had enough of these topics? :P

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Oct 05, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#FF399> Linda Of The Valley wrote:

flash00. wrote:

<font color=#FF399> Linda Of The Valley wrote:

Oh relax everyone. At least the people are sharing.

*rolls eyes*


i agree!!!

*rolls eys 2nd time* *shit cant stop rolling eyes*


it's fun isn't it?

you don't like the quality. don't download it. simple as that. if you complain otherwise about quality your a selfish ungrateful git!! :P :P

*rolls eyes* *rolls eyes so much that they fall out*

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, my eyes!!!!!! :P


I avoided downloading Buffalo and Hanover because of their poor quality.

My point is that a few people say that mp3 in any quality is shit, but claim that FLAC Hanover in piss-poor quality is the greatest thing since sliced bread.


Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Oct 05, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Caspar - you have made YOUR POINT!!! a thousand fucking times!!!

it's all irrelevant...because

1. if someone records it to mp3 - then that's all there is
2. regardless of whatever format it's uploaded in it's there and we should all be grateful
3. if it was recorded 30 yrs ago on a cheap woolworth's cassette recorder then the only 'loss' you're likely to get by encoding in mp3 is a bit of high-end tape hiss - i'll fucking cope 'somehow' without that, if it's all the same
4. we know your opinion, if you don't want it at mp3 then ignore it....moaning about it being lossy mp3 won't magically transform it to FLAC
5. the vast majority of this board will be happy to accept whatever is uploaded - even if it came direct from a fucking crystal set radio using a dansette recorder with mic attached


go deo na hÉireann
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Oct 05, 18:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
If it is not listenable or watchable it is worthless IMHO.



Amen, amen!!!


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Oct 05, 20:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#FF399> Linda Of The Valley wrote:

lol bresnki.



<font color=#CC0066>SomebodyToLoveMe wrote:

*picks up Linda's eyes*



can I have my eyes back? :P


here linda i caught somebody to love on a street corner trying to flog your eyes!! the cheak of it, but dont worry.. lucky i had 37pence in my pocket, so i bought them back, i tell ya somebody to love can haggle!! she wanted 38pence for the two but 2 hours later i got them for 37p, here you go, *pushes linda's eyes back in* keep still....... ouch.... ooo plonk..plonk there we go:)
*rolls eyes* lol


oo la la
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Oct 05, 21:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
If it is not listenable or watchable it is worthless IMHO.



Amen, amen!!!


Oops double post.


Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Oct 05, 21:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
If it is not listenable or watchable it is worthless IMHO.



Amen, amen!!!


If your Hectics tape has poor audio quality, Can you give that worthless piece of trash to me then? Pretty Please. LOL


Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!



Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html



B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
tilomagnet user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 03:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No need to start this discussion again, but...

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:


3. if it was recorded 30 yrs ago on a cheap woolworth's cassette recorder then the only 'loss' you're likely to get by encoding in mp3 is a bit of high-end tape hiss

...this is absolutely not true. Saying that mp3 encoding works like 'hiss-reduction' is ridiculous.