Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie's ring

forum rss feed
Author

Stryder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 58 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 07:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What's the story behind that ring? Any special reason why he always wore it? It's like in every picture with him. Any idea?

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 07:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was Jim Hutton's present

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 08:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It went in the oven with him.

(Just in case you ask where it ended up).

:D

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 10:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Thats too much info please...

"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 10:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

bitch, that's just sick. I've asked a simple, pertinent question.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ, you people are so highly strung, trapese artists walk past you and get penis envy.

Here's some info:

At the crematorium, one of the many names they have for the oven is (newsflash) the OVEN.

Freddie went in one!

This is a discussion about his ring, no? That thing that meant a lot to him? Basically, what finer way of describing how much it meant to him can there be, by saying he took it literally to the grave?

You people claim to have an awful lot of standards but really - do not live up to them at all.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 12:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ, you people are so highly strung, trapese artists walk past you and get penis envy.

Here's some info:

At the crematorium, one of the many names they have for the oven is (newsflash) the OVEN.

Freddie went in one!

This is a discussion about his ring, no? That thing that meant a lot to him? Basically, what finer way of describing how much it meant to him can there be, by saying he took it literally to the grave?

You people claim to have an awful lot of standards but really - do not live up to them at all.

Its the way you said it that i didnt like....
You could of said "he took it with him to his grave" that sounds much better, do you get me?

"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 12:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sure I get you.

Still. Wonder why they called me a bitch?
Line up for the 400m "Watch-Me-Not-Give-A-Shit", Stryder. If only this were the Olympics.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And to elucidate - the big fat grin at the end of my post was not a non-chalant middle finger aimed at the Reaper. Nor was it me saying 'hyuk hyuk', AIDS = 1, FREDDIE = 0.

Let's look at what I typed.

"It went in the oven with him".

I didn't say...

"He fried while it was still jammed on his bony finger".

Or...

"After he was done and dusted, he was still wearing it".

Heck, I could've even said...

"After they jammed him in the firebox, he was cooking with gas - and STILL had that bloody golden trinket on".

Nope - didn't say a one of those things did I? I merely said:

"It went in the oven with him".

Nope sorry. Don't really see anything offensive there - but I really do feel sorry that you found offense in it, it was really really not my intention.

After that I wrote (in case anyone asks) or something like that. I genuinely thought a thread about his ring (hyuk hyuk, the GOLD one, not that one) might wander onto the subject of where it went?

Fair assumption - though it turned into more of a self-fulfilling prophecy didn't it? Boy I could thought that one out better... :
And yes - the big fat :D I put at the end. That really was nothing, just me saying 'hi there, just a big friendly grin here, letting you know that I'm just JOKING, and that absolutely nothing I've just said is meant to offend you'.

I forgive you though Stryder, for mistaking me for one of those internet fatheads who's always out for a bit of a rise from people. BPP is one of 'em - I am not.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Euphenisms are only for people who can't handle the truth."

Eh? What truth? Let's look at it - again! Because I've got nothing better to do, God knows...

-I said something totally reasonable, and some nut took it out of context. And now, in my infinite boredom, I'm having a bit of fun with it.

Easily handled!

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Its the way you said it that i didnt like....
You could of said "he took it with him to his grave" that sounds much better, do you get me?

he couldn't have said that - it would have been inaccurate - HE doesn't have a grave....a simple fact is stated and people get upset...ffs

go deo na h√Čireann
bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not that I trust Wikipedia any more than I trust the Indonesian Govt...

But here is what it has to say about euphemisms.

"A euphemism is an expression intended by the speaker to be less offensive, disturbing, or troubling to the listener than the word or phrase it replaces."

I don't see any of those in any of the posts above. Unless you're talking about my use of the word oven?
Again - no euphemism here because that's exactly what it is.

Ok - so I could change my description of it a little to better imply what it is I'm talking about, like 'body-cooker' or 'man-roaster'.

But then, if I did that I might *offend* someone! SHIT! Don't want to do that! You've got me in a fix here, sonny!

But then we're not even talking about euphemisms we're talking about a *euphenism". Ok ok ok, I won't pick on your spelling because if you look up a bit, I started a sentence with 'but'. That's bad form. ThomasQuinn = 1. Zebonka 12 = 1.

AAANYWAY... are we done here?

bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 12:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"a simple fact is stated and people get upset...ffs"

I've calmed down a bit, a little less coffee...
I can see why someone might take offense at a post when it has a big :D at the bottom. They probably thought I was making fun of their beloved God :
Seriously. Nothing fishy here. Now I'm just amusing myself.

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

more info abt the ring pls...

bohemian 11513 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1347 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Zebonka12

Guess.. you´ll have to "face it alone"! :-)))

Shoot for the moon... even if you fail you will land among the stars!

bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 12:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh yes, hilarious! I caught that one in Google, didn't know what to make of it. I take it you have a beef with my little Face it Alone obsession, right?

Haha.

Seriously though - you've got to ask yourself who's wasting more time? Me, with the odd (as in - not very often) "can you upload Face it Alone"?
Or you - actually chasing up my posts, taking the time to remember that it's me who says that... and haranguing me about it?

Teehee.

(double-take)

Holy crap, you're going to upload it aren't you????

(hopeful face)

bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But in all honesty, I like having a stalker, Bohemian. Keep up the good work! (anyway I brought it upon myself with all that crap).

bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 13:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Only someone truly sick could think that. You need help!"

Way to show 'em! Nothing illustrates such a flaming turd of a rebuke like burying it in the middle of someone elses post. Where else???

Jesus Christ, just because you've come up against someone who (let's face it) has a smidgun more of an imagination that you, and can actually think up the odd one liner (ok - bad ones, but I was illustrating a point, not writing a novel) is absolutely no indicator of how truly sick that person is!

Is it that hard for you to understand??? Let me break it into digestible lumps - heck, if you need help figuring out The Wheel or the magic of Fire, please lemme know.

*At no point in my original post did I say anything offensive. Truth be told, putting a :D was a dodgy choice because people can look at that and form all kinds of conclusions. Thus, the fucked up reaction.

*I've more than adequately explained myself.

*The one line (out of a considerably larger post) that you responded to (and, in so doing, took out of context like a FOOL) was - well really, a work of fiction! Ok, so a guy writes a fictional account of his escape from Colditz. In writing a scene where his best friend is shot by the SS, is he somehow as bad as them? Fuck no! It's creative writing you imbecile, get over it.

And *I* need help... I'll tell you what I need. It's sleep, because I'd much rather see the backside of my eyelids than waste my time on a freakin' ABORTION like you.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HAHAH! Nice edit! Of course, now your dimwit of a comeback is now nicely situated far below the rest of my post. So now it makes even less sense, because people have to go up into my post to match up whichever line you're criticising... you really have hit the big one tonight!

bobo the chimp

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 13:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But of course! Now I'm a freakin' dullard because I took you out of context...

But oh well. I won't edit any of that, because I don't believe in the dreaded Edit button... it's a nice record of seven minutes of my life when I was nineteen when I thought Thomas Quinn was mocking me....

Bah humbug. I've really got to go to bed.

Thanks for clearing that up! You really should have just made fun of me. :D