Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Don't Try So Hard/The Show Must Go On

forum rss feed
Author

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, but i think the start of the solo from DTSH sounds very much like the beginning of the solo from WWTLF (the synth part)

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
bobo the chimp user is on Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's actually not a guitar, if I recall. It's the default sound that plays when you turn on a Korg Synth.
But I'm probably wrong, my memory is hazy on this. I thought that one of the Innuendo tracks features a Korg 'on-sound' at the start.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what are you talking about?

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

bobo the chimp

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"what are you talking about?"

What are *you* talking about?
The guy mentioned the 'guitar' part at the start of DTSH. I reckon it's not a guitar part, but rather the sound of a Korg M1 turning on.

It's really not that hard to understand is it? Sorry if I flubbed my first post somehow.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think he means the harmonics in the intro/outro, righT?

bobo the chimp

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 03:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"He?? HE???"
"See, you're laughing already".

I'm not sure what part of the song you're talking about. I thought you said at the start of the song, and I remember hearing those harmonics came from a Korg.
As I also said earlier on - I'm probably wrong. Investigate!

Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 06:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mass confusion alert.

Zebonka: the default Korg sound that you're talking about is the wishy-washy synthy sound you hear at the start, not the (obvious) harmonics played by Bri at the start and end of the song.

All Queen's People is talking about a 4 'note' drum-fill that Rog plays at the end of the guitar solo in Don't Try So Hard.

That fill does indeed sound nearly identical to the very first drum-fill Rog plays about 7 seconds into Show Must Go On.

I think he just does a flam on 4 different and progressively deeper toms. And that's it.

Was that so hard?

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.