Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Brian is going crazy

forum rss feed
Author

Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 21:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From what I have been reading, it appears that Brian has been e-mailed King Mercury, complaining about some of the posts that he has made. The New York Times recently published some of King Mercury's very good posts.

Is he crazy? If this is true (I cannot really tell), it appears that, not only is he not producing any new material, but he is also stalking people on this web forum! Talk about someone with no life. It is really sad to see how low he has sunk since Freddie died.

I really think that he has some sort a self esteem problem. Among other things, I think that he is pissed off and possibly jealous of the fact that he is not famous like Freddie Mercury.
He apparently cannot handle the fact that Freddie is the only member of the band that most people know and remember.


Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 21:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To Ravenetta,
I certainly hope that by "him" you mean Brian and not King Mercury.


quicksilver mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 96 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 00:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian May is crazy

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 04:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

man, just check it first before posting... Brian didn't mail anybody, king_mercury's post was quoted in newspaper and Brian in his soapbox reacted to that. Ironically, king_mercury's words were completely taken out of context and by E-mail the whole thing was explained, brian apologised in private E-mail, done and dusted. Is he crazy? Yep, he must be totally crazy to give a fuck... A real rockstar woulkdn't give a shit what a single fan thinks...

its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 09:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tiffmoab wrote:

From what I have been reading, it appears that Brian has been e-mailed King Mercury, complaining about some of the posts that he has made. The New York Times recently published some of King Mercury's very good posts.

Is he crazy? If this is true (I cannot really tell), it appears that, not only is he not producing any new material, but he is also stalking people on this web forum! Talk about someone with no life. It is really sad to see how low he has sunk since Freddie died.

I really think that he has some sort a self esteem problem. Among other things, I think that he is pissed off and possibly jealous of the fact that he is not famous like Freddie Mercury.
He apparently cannot handle the fact that Freddie is the only member of the band that most people know and remember.


Would you liked it if someone who was close to you and you none them for years was dead?
How would you feel? You had to keep there sercet from the world, then your father dies and your very close to him then you split with your wife and the press is hounding you, what you say about that? Because all THAT happened to Brian so shut your mouth saying hes gone crazy and hes jealouse of Freddie because he wasnt he doesnt need to be hes very popular and he would of been pleased that Freddie is loved by everyone around the world, he went through a hard hard time and to have people like you down his neck saying those horriable things just isnt fair!



"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
Ms. Bea Haven user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 326 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 09:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian isn't crazy. He definitely cares a lot about the fans, and if he ever makes a statement that ends up being wrong, he publically rectifies or apologizes for it (like last week with the kingmercury kid).

He's a warm, caring and sensitive person - there should be more people in the world like him.

teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tiffmoab wrote:

From what I have been reading, it appears that Brian has been e-mailed King Mercury, complaining about some of the posts that he has made. The New York Times recently published some of King Mercury's very good posts.

Is he crazy? If this is true (I cannot really tell), it appears that, not only is he not producing any new material, but he is also stalking people on this web forum! Talk about someone with no life. It is really sad to see how low he has sunk since Freddie died.

I really think that he has some sort a self esteem problem. Among other things, I think that he is pissed off and possibly jealous of the fact that he is not famous like Freddie Mercury.
He apparently cannot handle the fact that Freddie is the only member of the band that most people know and remember.


Are you a tabloid journalist?
You are taking things out of context to come to incorrect conclusions.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 11:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

... what a weightless argument. It's so lightweight, I could throw this at a baby and it wouldn't feel a thing.

First of all, I defy you to come up with a good definition of 'mad' that extends beyond the idea of anyone disagreeing with you as being 'mad'.

The guy:
Plays good guitar.
Cracks the odd funny joke.
Has written some very good songs.

I can honestly say, that if I were in his position, I would most certainly try to keep my career going. Let's not get bogged down in the "don't call it QUEEN" argument, but all the same - I reckon he's doing the right thing.

And he's 'mad' for responding to a fan? Heck - I thought that was just polite behaviour. God knows, I think celebrities who don't have time for the people that put them where they are - they are the mad ones.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
*3*Playful as a pussycat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 590 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its_a_hard_life wrote:

tiffmoab wrote:

From what I have been reading, it appears that Brian has been e-mailed King Mercury, complaining about some of the posts that he has made. The New York Times recently published some of King Mercury's very good posts.

Is he crazy? If this is true (I cannot really tell), it appears that, not only is he not producing any new material, but he is also stalking people on this web forum! Talk about someone with no life. It is really sad to see how low he has sunk since Freddie died.

I really think that he has some sort a self esteem problem. Among other things, I think that he is pissed off and possibly jealous of the fact that he is not famous like Freddie Mercury.
He apparently cannot handle the fact that Freddie is the only member of the band that most people know and remember.


Would you liked it if someone who was close to you and you none them for years was dead?
How would you feel? You had to keep there sercet from the world, then your father dies and your very close to him then you split with your wife and the press is hounding you, what you say about that? Because all THAT happened to Brian so shut your mouth saying hes gone crazy and hes jealouse of Freddie because he wasnt he doesnt need to be hes very popular and he would of been pleased that Freddie is loved by everyone around the world, he went through a hard hard time and to have people like you down his neck saying those horriable things just isnt fair!


AMEN! i could not have put it better myself! ;)


Freddie Mercury is my sexi moon lobster



"Mis francais est la meme que before. C'est un peu crap"-Brian May

"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear!" -Freddie Mercury
its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 12:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"AMEN! i could not have put it better myself! ;)"

Well just making my point :D, who would be fine after all whats happened to brian, i no i wouldnt and proberly im not the only one.....


"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
The Deaky user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 168 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 14:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bryanspermedpoodle wrote:

From what I have been reading, it appears that Brian has been e-mailed King Mercury, complaining about some of the posts that he has made. The New York Times recently published some of King Mercury's very good posts.

Is he crazy? If this is true (I cannot really tell), it appears that, not only is he not producing any new material, but he is also stalking people on this web forum! Talk about someone with no life. It is really sad to see how low he has sunk since Freddie died.

I really think that he has some sort a self esteem problem. Among other things, I think that he is pissed off and possibly jealous of the fact that he is not famous like Freddie Mercury.
He apparently cannot handle the fact that Freddie is the only member of the band that most people know and remember.


KingMercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 21:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brian didnt emailed me complaining about what i`ve said
he write some things about me in his website, and because of that, i emailed him explaining what i`ve tried to say
he said to me that he understand what happened, and the problem was solved
end of my story

and he isnt crazyhe`s a good guy, and he felt guilty for all the things that he said to me, and he wanted to apologize
i thought "hey, he`s a rockstar, he doesnt care about me, a simple fan, and about what i say"
and i was wrong
he had time to email me, and that`s great


"I`m Just A Singer With A Song...How Can I Try to Right The Wrong"
Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 23:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To King Mercury,
I read your letter to Brian and I really liked it. However, to me it kind of seems like he was forced to back down from what he had said previously. In the first message, he acted like it was some kind of outrage that people were saying that "there is no Queen ....without Freddie". In your e-mail to him, you basically make the same argument again, but that time he somehow accepted your statement. It is as though he is contradicting his original statement.

Tiffany

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 03:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think he's got a bit of integrity, leaving the original (rather blunt) message on his site. That, at least, shows the decency to accept that what he said was wrong and he's not trying to hide it.

Doesn't sound crazy at all to me.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 04:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tiffmoab wrote:

To King Mercury,
I read your letter to Brian and I really liked it. However, to me it kind of seems like he was forced to back down from what he had said previously. In the first message, he acted like it was some kind of outrage that people were saying that "there is no Queen ....without Freddie". In your e-mail to him, you basically make the same argument again, but that time he somehow accepted your statement. It is as though he is contradicting his original statement.

Tiffany

If I said- what's this you're talking about? You're stupid! You'd say F** Off. If I said however "could you think about it again? You amy have missed sth"- your reaction could be different, right?


Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Even if Kingmercury had really meant to say Queen died in 1991 what's the big deal? Many other people say so.
Brian should just accept everyone's opinion and go ahead with what he's doing, if it pleases him.



“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie



http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/
*3*Playful as a pussycat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 590 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes but what would you do if you were Brian and you kept on hearing that around you? i would get pretty upset and snap at the next person who dare say that "Queen died in '91" or the such. if you don't like the fact that they are touring again under Queen, then shut the fuck up and get over it. we don't want to hear you complain about it.

but as for the deal with KingMercury, i fully appreciate the fact that he apologized to Bri instead of being shocked and thinking "oh fuck...how did THAT happen?" and not doing anything about it. instead you took the time to explain to him what you really meant by all of it and then HE took time out of his busy schedule to apologize for what he misinterpreted. yes this has been said before but i would love to say it again: Brian was unlike any other rockstar who wouldnt even give a fuck about the apology and go on their way to think "stupid fan, i cant believe they said that. who the hell do they think they are?" (not that every rockstar would say that) but instead he read through the apology email and fully understood, apologizing for what he misunderstood. THAT in itself shows what a wonderful person Brian is and how unlike other rockstars he is. it may add to the damn list of how he got to be voted one of the most pitiful rockers (grrrr) but then who cares? personally, i love him for how different, honest, and loyal he is. it's nice to have a change. and then it's also nice to know that he will not change, and that shows in how he keeps on going no matter what anybody says and how he is uberly loyal to his fans...and that's the beauty of our special Brian May. *overwhelming love*


Freddie Mercury is my sexi moon lobster



"Mis francais est la meme que before. C'est un peu crap"-Brian May

"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear!" -Freddie Mercury
quicksilver mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 96 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 16:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian May is selfish.He won't sign autograph for a fan cause he think hes too good.
Freddie was Queen.
If Jimmy Page or Randy Rhodes played with Queen they would have been better.

Freddie is Queen RIP 1991

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Brian is just very busy and sometimes doesn't investigate things enough.

I am constantly disappointed that he gives such short replies to interesting topics.

Check out this month's first letter here:
http://www.brianmay.com/brian/letters/letters.html

I had tears in my eyes reading how Queen inspired this young woman to learn English, then I get to Brian's reply and he doesn't even acknowledge that part.

I admire him for even giving fans a chance to be heard and get answers, but maybe he should take just a little more time..

Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Oct 05, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*3*Playful as a pussycat wrote:

yes but what would you do if you were Brian and you kept on hearing that around you? i would get pretty upset and snap at the next person who dare say that "Queen died in '91" or the such. if you don't like the fact that they are touring again under Queen, then shut the fuck up and get over it. we don't want to hear you complain about it.

The fact that you or Bri don't want to hear about it makes no difference. Unfortunately in life we will always encounter people who disagree with what we do, or even dislike what we do. We cannot demand that everyone likes us...This is true for you, for me, and certainly even for a famous, talented musician like Brian. For famous people it's even worse, as they get criticized all the time. But they also get praised all the time, so that's the price you pay for fame, I guess.
So I understand his reaction, but I don't agree with it. And I do appreciate his willingness to talk to fans, his website, etc. I actually like Bri for many things. But this doesn't mean I like the tour :-).

Fairy



“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie



http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/