Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Brian going crazy?

forum rss feed
Author

Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 21:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From what I have been reading, it appears that Brian has been e-mailed King Mercury, complaining about some of the posts that he has made. The New York Times recently published some of King Mercury's very good posts.

Is he crazy? If this is true (I cannot really tell), it appears that, not only is he not producing any new material, but he is also stalking people on this web forum! Talk about someone with no life. It is really sad to see how low he has sunk since Freddie died.

I really think that he has some sort a self esteem problem. Among other things, I think that he is pissed off and possibly jealous of the fact that he is not famous like Freddie Mercury.
He apparently cannot handle the fact that Freddie is the only member of the band that most people know and remember.

inthelapofthegods user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 271 posts

Posted: 03 Oct 05, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

omg are you kidding?
do you really not know the story?
ok so KingMercury's post was in the New York Times and brian saw it and made a soapbox entry, and then KingMercury realized he had been quoted out of context. Its nothing weird or creepy...

don't i know you from the cinematographer's party?

who am i to blow against the wind?
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 03:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i agree, since freddie's death brian may has gone downhill. i also find that he's a jealous SOB.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 06:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fucking hell- why two same threads in two different forums?

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 08:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

take it easy fenderick, don't have heart failure. It's just something i'v noticed over the last couple of years, i'm still a big brian fan, but if you don't look at things with rose colored glasses you'll notice brian has fell pretty far since november 1991.

its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 09:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

i agree, since freddie's death brian may has gone downhill. i also find that he's a jealous SOB.

Would you liked it if someone who was close to you and you none them for years was dead?
How would you feel? You had to keep there sercet from the world, then your father dies and your very close to him then you split with your wife and the press is hounding you, what you say about that? Because all THAT happened to Brian so shut your mouth saying hes gone crazy and hes jealouse of Freddie because he wasnt he doesnt need to be hes very popular and he would of been pleased that Freddie is loved by everyone around the world, he went through a hard hard time and to have people like you down his neck saying those horriable things just isnt fair!

"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
Ms. Bea Haven user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 326 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 10:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Hunt -

Wear his shoes...he lost his marriage, 2 of his best friends, his father and then his mother all in a relatively short period of time. His life completely fell apart. He contemplated suicide. He suffered from severe depression and then he got help for himself. Sure, time heals some wounds, but I'm guessing that there are times when he's still feeling very insecure, and is still showing his scars from all of these things.

Then people make comments like, 'they're too old,' or, 'they should retire,' or, they shouldn't do this or shouldn't do that, or 'they look like shit,' - it's just like those PSA's on TV - words hit as hard as a fist. If one hears those words enough times - it's got to hurt. Just because he's a man doesn't mean that he's supposed to take so many cheap shots and not show any emotions. It's good that he blows off some steam every once in a while.

He's only human. Remember - every camel has its last straw. He's no exception.

cream user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sorry but it's absolutely DISPICABLE to hear people saying such crazy things about Brian May.

He's a gentleman who has gone through a HELL of a lot.

And all for ASSHOLES like you to pass your pathetic, ill-informed, worthless judgement on him.

Poor shame, what have you become?

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Haven, let me give you a reality check my friend. ok, he lost a dear friend, he lost his father, ect. the man's 56 years old, of course your gonna have problems in your life. who hasn't lost a dear friend. I'm 34 and lost a few already, how many men havn't lost their father by the age of fifty most have. so don't give me this poor brian B.S. he has no more problems than the rest of us clowns. I don't think brians going crazy, but i do think he lost his creative edge since 1991 and i also think he's become a somewhat bitter old man, i heard him comment on things like "my songs rarely became singles" or "this video only show's freddie" actually alot of things i thought was odd in the last couple of years. the bottom line is, yea brian has had problems in his life but who hasn't had problems, look at us, most of us live paycheck to paycheck and plus those same type of problems your talking about.

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 12:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First, I'm a MISS, Mr. Hunt - get THAT correct next time, please.

Sure we all have our problems - but most of us can keep certain things to ourselves - our lives aren't in the spotlight or are constantly being scrutinized - we don't have paparazzi breathing down our throats 24/7 - we have the luxury of being private citizens. Brian doesn't (as is the case with most other celebrities). Any problems that he had in the past were complicated due to the fact that he is in the public eye.

Nobody is perfect (I know I'm not that's for sure.) Expressing an opinion is one thing - being judgemental is another. I don't think Brian has become a bitter old man; I think a constant bombardment with comments (similar to yours) are what makes him seem bitter. I know it would make me that way after a while.

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok MISS HAVEN, i cry many tears for poor little brian, i'm gonna say something that's gonna startle mr fenderick, i'm actually gonna relate to something he once said about freddie. He said he had to put on "death on two legs just to remind myself that i still like the guy" he said that because of all the freddie ass kissing. I think i'm letting my fustration out and actually needed to listen to some brian may songs to remind myself that i still like the guy, Why? because of all the brian ass kissing. I'm tired of the "brian can't do nothing wrong" B.S. and please, i cry a river of tears for brian, never has to worry about paying his next bill, could have any women he wants. In the public eye? oh, i thought that was his choice to be in the spotlight. again freddie had to deal with dying friends everywhere he looked, and delt with this horrible illnes he had, have you seen those last pictures of him, yea i bet you did. LET ME SCREAM THIS, HE DEALT WITH THOSE PROBLEMS IN THE PUBLIC EYE, WITH EVIL BASTARDS (THE PRESS) WOULDN'T LEAVE HIM ALONE. BUT POOR LITTLE BRIAN. KISS HIS ASS A LITTLE MORE, AND ALSO WIPE HIS Ass while your at it. Don't get me wrong, freddie also had his choices and obviously made some bad decisions, oh yea, but brian had gone thru so much more, the poor SOB, isn't that right MR. HAVEN.

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 12:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Miss Hunt -

Thanks for your opinion.

Love,
Ms. Bea

Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 12:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

take it easy fenderick, don't have heart failure. It's just something i'v noticed over the last couple of years, i'm still a big brian fan, but if you don't look at things with rose colored glasses you'll notice brian has fell pretty far since november 1991.

Not as far as I'm concerned. No more than any of Zeppelin fell after Bonham.

Why are you all starting on Brian anyway? What about Rog? Also, Brian is famous. Pretty much everyone knows Brian (except for some Americans)...

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"
its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow i never never seen so much crap in my whole life time!
Brian dealing with it in his own way LEAVE HIM ALONE STOP SAYING HES THAT AND THIS ITS HIS LIFE THE ONLY THING THAT SHOULD BOTHER YOU IS WHAT GOS ON IN YOUR OWN LIFE! JUST BECAUSE BRIAN HAS BEEN THROUGH A BAD PATCH DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO GANG UP ON HIM BECAUSE THAT WHATS IT SEEMS TO ME THAT ALL YOU EVER LET OUT YOUR MOUTH IS CRAP ABOUT BRIAN LEAVE HIM ALONE!
IM SICK OF PEOPLE SAYING BRIANS GONE CRAZY!
HE HASNT HES DEALED WITH ALOT THATS ALL!
This is to the people that call brian crazy or any other bad name!

"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

roger is a bit more sincere than brian, and i don't see as much ass kissing with roger. Roger doesn't cry on his soapbox either. i mean i don't care what brian say's, but i personally hate the ass kissing and the fact brian has his greedy ways. remember "queen rocks" brian put that album out, one freddie song two or three roger tunes, give me a break. that's one example of greed i'm talking about. I don't like greedy people, "tear it up" or "put out the fire" on queen rocks, give me a break. How about "liar" or "orge battle" i guess they weren't good enough, god forbid a little of the limelight is put on someone else for a few more songs you greedy bastard. roger on the other hand is a fun fello, while brian tries to pass himself off as soulful and deep, those type of people are the ones who are sneaky and backstabers. Freddie would be happy about queen plus paul? i don't think so, we'll never know. don't give me this shit that brian would know how freddie would have felt, brian and freddie were co worker's, they really didn't know each other as much as you think, freddie and roger were closer friends than freddie and brian. you see brians picture on the back of "return of the champs" where's roger, i guess it would have taken a little bit of the limelight off of poor little brian.

Bob-Plant user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 155 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I may share my thoughts- Creatively, Brian probably has dropped off somewhat, but almost every musician from that era has (except maybe Neil Young and Robert Plant, who seem to get better all the time). Brian seemed to write better songs in that group enviroment. As much as they complained about having the other members change their songs after they presented them to the band, let's face it, none of their solo albums, Roger Brian or Freddie's, really are as good as any of the Queen albums. As for Brian's comments, assuming they are not taken out of context, remember that if he went through extensive therapy for depression, as is standard procedure, it must have altered his personality and he may say things that he used to keep to himself. Just consider these things before getting too critical of him...

"The things you have to do for money..."

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This thread isn't about Brian anymore. MyKunt trying to entice an online argument.

Okay Mikey. You're right - 100%. And I'm totally wrong. I'm a Brian ass kisser - I concede.

Happy?

Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 16:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to agree with Mike that there is something strange about how Brian seems to relate with Freddie that I do not notice with Roger or John. When I read their interviews, I never felt that that they seem insecure or threatened by possibly being over-shadowed by Freddie. But with Brian, I get the feeling that, rather than praising Freddie for what a great musician he was, he to be on the defensive. He still seems to possess competitive feelings toward Freddie. The fact that he would get so caught up about the comments that a fan made on this web forum seems to further substantiate my feelings about this.
On the other hand, I am not against Brian in any serious way. I think that he is a great guitarist and I really admire the fact that he is a vegetarian. I just don't like the fact that he is not as generous as others have been toward Freddie.

Miss Mercury 2005 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 18 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look who eva think brian is going crazy ur all fucked in the head!!! Brian isnt. Brain has been so much hes been to hell n back, and going there changes you alil. But Brians fine, just let him live his life and back off. you wouildnt like if u was in his shoes now would? im only 15 n i no that if i was bri id b pissed off at all of u who thought i was mad.
Its just shows who are the real fans of Queen and the members. people who slag them off behind there backs on here ant fans arent real fans. There twats trying to fake it.
So just levae him alone Brian if you read this your doin fine mate keep rockin the way u r dont eva change the real queen fans love ya just the way u r
And freddie wouldnt of wanted paul to takw his place but you cant change the past no one can do even tho i wish someone would. so come on guys levae bri alone n grow up pls.

Love Rachael

R Cullen

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

like you said, your a 15 year old boy. I don't pay no mind to a 15 year old. boy, the kiss asses are everywhere, and fenderick thought the freddie ass kisser's were bad. Listen, have i been a little harsh? sure, brian seems like a decent person, even if he tries to be so soulful and deep, yuk. freddie and roger were so much fun. brians a very good player, songwriter and all that good stuff, but stop with this poor brian, he has so many more problems than the rest of us, just kiss his ass and wipe it. I see brian and even my beloved freddie as spoiled rich brats, people who have so many problems, too bad the press gives you a hard time, but i thought that was your choice to be in that business. Why don't i try walking in brians shoes? someone has the nerve to say that. Let brian walk in my shoes, let him get a dose of reality, to work and if you get laid off your on the street. Does poor little brian need to worry about such things. forget it, i can't talk to a bunch of ass kisser's.