Forums > Personal > World Cup 2006

forum rss feed
Author

greaserkat user not visiting Queenzone.com
greaserkat
Bohemian: 678 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Oct 05, 23:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lets get something going here. Who do you think is going to win the Wor;d Cup this coming summer??? Im going to get killed on here for this but I say USA. My parents are from Mexico but I hate the Mexican soccer team.

Darling, Im not going to be a rockstar, Im going to be a LEGEND!!
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 01:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

USA? Are you talking about football... oh pardon... soccer? No, I ain't sure USA win it... Germany or Brazil

willem-jan 8923 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 02:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brasil, Italy or Netherlands

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 02:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Absolute favourite: Brasil

Dangerous outsiders: Spain, France, Mexico, Argentina, The Netherlands.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 04:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let's be honest, and English football fans (where real football was created) are always honest... England will win.

There aren't many teams in the world that can bost having a keeper as good as Robinson, with defenders in front of him as good as Terry, Ferdinand, King and unfortunately that sucm Campbell, and with midfielders in front of them as good as the likes of Lampard, Gerrard and Beckham, with Owen, Rooney, Defoe (apparently Crouch!?!) in front of them... if Sven had a clue I'd be positive. But unforunately, I don't think he has any ideas what he's going to do.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GreatKingSam wrote:

Let's be honest, and English football fans (where real football was created) are always honest... England will win.

There aren't many teams in the world that can bost having a keeper as good as Robinson, with defenders in front of him as good as Terry, Ferdinand, King and unfortunately that sucm Campbell, and with midfielders in front of them as good as the likes of Lampard, Gerrard and Beckham, with Owen, Rooney, Defoe (apparently Crouch!?!) in front of them... if Sven had a clue I'd be positive. But unforunately, I don't think he has any ideas what he's going to do.

LMAO
First you need to win with NORTHERN IRELAND... And guys- in a week or so Poland wil kick your ass as well... England is def NOT going to win. I could agree with lampard and Gerrard, but Beckham? That's the most overrated player football has ever seen... Rooney? Great atlent but someone needs to work on his discipline, otherwise it's going to get worse (it's already bad). Oh- and you have a crap manager- good as a LEAGUE manager (great in lazio), but... Oh, and Robinson sucks, man! That's supposed to be great goalkeeper?

Who's to win? Brazil maybe, Holland would like to see finally lifting the trophy... Spain- but they never won and maybe never will... Don't like Italian football, but they amy be dangerous... Argentina was always dissapointinga s hot favs, but when it was quiet about them- were dangerous. They may be again...

@ndy38 user not visiting Queenzone.com
@ndy38
Royalty: 1490 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 05:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FORZA ITALIA! (not a berlusconi fan)

I've never seen the beloved Italy win the world cup, i was in tears in 1994 when Baggio missed the penalty in the final against Brazil, maybe next year things will change.

But in all honesty, i can't see past Brazil.
Dida, Ronaldinho, Lucio, Ronaldo, Cafu, Kaka', Adriano etc.

Crazy Little Thing Called Love....
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 05:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lucky guys... Russia can play only on computer game's World Cup 2006... Shit...

eggy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3358 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 07:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

England. Although I'd rather have my Nan up front than Peter Crouch.

If we find a system, to go with what already is the best squad in the world, then I'll be confident. I have no faith in current management or the heart of a few of the players.

Beckham has been solid as a rock, he'll be one of the players of the world cup if he isn't injured like at Euro.
To me my First X1 4-4-2.
Robinson, G Neville, Cole, Campbell, Terry, Beckham, Lamps, Carrick, Gerrard, Owen, Rooney. That's a fantastic team, Gerrard might be makeshift, but I'd rather him then anyone else.

Fenderek, I think you'll be alot quieter in 8 days time!!! I hope we get drawn against you in the second round of the world cup, be a nice passage to the quarters.

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 07:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I may be- you never know. It's at least interesting, don't you think? :) But the best team in the world? With someone like Neville? C'mon!!! I know you're English and all- but best team in teh world? The team that gets beaten 1:4 with Denmark? The team that loses to Northern Ireland? It's not only about the system (although how stupid you have to be to play Rooney anywhere but up front...), it's about players as well... Owen didn't really amke it in Real and let's face it- the biggest clubs in Europe weren't really fighting to get him signed. Beckham? He plays in Real because of the marketing value (t-shirts and all...), not because of his form... And let's face it- England had better captains. I'm not saying poland is better- we have confidence right now, England is going to eat grass just to prove that it was only a moment of madness aganst N.Ireland... So the game WILL be good, I'm sure about that. But saying taht this is the best team in the world... That's pretty much the reason why i'm enjoying the recent results so much and REALLY hope taht Poland is going to kick some serious ass on 12th of October... You're not going to tell me that English team is better than Brazil at the moment...
But I tell you this- without Ercsson this team WOULD be better tahn it is now, even with the same players...

"I hope we get drawn against you in the second round of the world cup, be a nice passage to the quarters."
And it's because otherwise you'd blow it again? ;)

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 07:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Italy, and i base that on absolutely nothing. :P

Killed by drones.

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 08:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

GreatKingSam wrote:

LMAO
First you need to win with NORTHERN IRELAND... And guys- in a week or so Poland wil kick your ass as well... England is def NOT going to win. I could agree with lampard and Gerrard, but Beckham? That's the most overrated player football has ever seen... Rooney? Great atlent but someone needs to work on his discipline, otherwise it's going to get worse (it's already bad). Oh- and you have a crap manager- good as a LEAGUE manager (great in lazio), but... Oh, and Robinson sucks, man! That's supposed to be great goalkeeper?

Who's to win? Brazil maybe, Holland would like to see finally lifting the trophy... Spain- but they never won and maybe never will... Don't like Italian football, but they amy be dangerous... Argentina was always dissapointinga s hot favs, but when it was quiet about them- were dangerous. They may be again...

Fenderek mate, my post was supposed to be a little jokey, I dont really think we're gonna win the World Cup. However, with a decent manager...

...BUT, you overstepped the mark with criticising Paul Robinson lol. I am at Tottenham every week and he is nothing short of fucking class. Did you even see his save from Hartson against Wales? That was as good as a winning goal for England. And for Tottenham? Christ, he is just class. That is the only word.

Class.

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 08:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GreatKingSam- I must admit I stopped for a moment when writing a reply- for a brief second I thought you were sarcastic, but than... Maybe I have the same thing that Dark a/k/a Inu has, LOL :)
About Robinson- I'll put it this way- he's def better than James :)
And I agree- with a decent manager it could have been much nicer for you guys! Seriously!!! Quality is there, but... And IMO Beckham out...

Danny Buoy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 96 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GreatKingSam wrote:

Fenderek mate, my post was supposed to be a little jokey, I dont really think we're gonna win the World Cup. However, with a decent manager...

...BUT, you overstepped the mark with criticising Paul Robinson lol. I am at Tottenham every week and he is nothing short of fucking class. Did you even see his save from Hartson against Wales? That was as good as a winning goal for England. And for Tottenham? Christ, he is just class. That is the only word.

Class.

Now would be a good time to bet on England winning the Jules Rimet - while the chips are down and that. Speaking of chips, i agree Robinson is a quality keeper, but you'd have to say the Three-Fish-on-the-shirt triumph that was the Grimsby v Spurs League Cup tie was just brilliant to behold. I mean 11 internationals including Robinson against the might of Grimsby Town (tongue and cheek not even on first-name terms)!? I just hope Newcastle have as much fun at Blundell Park as your boys did - no disrespect to either side, mind - me Dad's a Spurs fan - don't knwo why I'm not, actually, maybe it was that Elton John song that drew me to the lights along the pier, that made my senses sing, oh oh Grimsby! a thousand delights, couldn't match the sweet sights
Of my Grimsby
Oh England you're fair
But there's none to compare with my Grimsby

yeha, i was actually named after that Elton John song - Daniel...to fink, I could've been called 'Jamaican Jerk-Off'.

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 09:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We've got a better defense than Brazil full stop
We've got a better midfield than Brazil full stop

We don't have Adriano, Ronaldinho, Robinho or Ronaldo though.

But I'd rather have our depth than their attacking flare. Kaka is another great player and Brazil will rightly be favourites, but with a bit of self belief there is no reason we cannot beat them, like we could (should) have done in 2002.

@ndy38 user not visiting Queenzone.com
@ndy38
Royalty: 1490 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 10:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kaka' is better than Robinho.

When Emerson, Kaka' and Ronaldinho are going to be taking up the midfield positions, among other good players like Gilberto Silva, how can you even possibly say England have a better midfield than Brazil?

I don't even think any team in the world has as good a midfield as that.

Crazy Little Thing Called Love....
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wouldn't even dare to talk about favorites, because everytime there's a favorite, that team ends up either dissapointing completely or not getting close to meeting the expectations. As the tournament develops I always end up rooting for the underdog teams, because nobody even thought they would qualify to the next round, and they end up teaching the favorites a lesson on how to play football.

------------------------------------------------

- MEXICO 1986
FAVORITES WHO DISSAPOINTED: Italy
SURPRISE TEAM OF UNDERDOGS: Belgium, Argentina

- ITALY 1990
FAVORITES WHO DISSAPOINTED: Holland, Brasil, Argentina (the team sucked even though they luckly got to the final thanks to Goycochea)
SURPRISE TEAM OF UNDERDOGS: Cameroon

- USA 1994
FAVORITES WHO DISSAPOINTED: Colombia.
SURPRISE TEAM OF UNDERDOGS: Bulgaria, Romania, Sweden.

- FRANCE 1998
FAVORITES WHO DISSAPOINTED: Spain.
SURPRISE TEAM OF UNDERDOGS: Croatia.

- KOREA / JAPAN 2002
FAVORITES WHO DISSAPOINTED: Portugal, Argentina, France, Italy.
SURPRISE TEAM OF UNDERDOGS: Turkey, USA.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 11:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For the players England have got, England should be doing far far better.

Sven may have only lost one game that matters, and that is a very good record that not many managers can boast, but England never look like they're gonna turn it on when it's needed - and I put it down to Sven's motivation and the fact that I dont think the players know what they're doing anymore.

Allardyce for England.

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 11:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brazil 2002
Portgual 2004

They mattered more than N Ireland.
There is more than one. NI was the first qualifing match he'd lost. Mainly thanks to Beckham and his 94th minute free kick against Greece.

greaserkat user not visiting Queenzone.com
greaserkat
Bohemian: 678 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 12:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Mir@cle wrote:

Absolute favourite: Brasil

Dangerous outsiders: Spain, France, Mexico, Argentina, The Netherlands.

Mexico dangerous, common just because they won the Sub-17 World cup doesnt mean anything.

Darling, Im not going to be a rockstar, Im going to be a LEGEND!!