Forums > Queen - General Discussion > What's with all this Brian bashing that's going on?

forum rss feed
Author

teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 00:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This recent spate of Brian bashing is really surprising.
He’s a human being but people have decided he can't make any mistakes.
If you want proof of how Brian feels about the fans look at how he was with King Mercury or Michelle Bruheim. Kind and generous. There are a lot of people who've met him and think highly of him. And yet here you find people taking things out of context to make him look bad.
He isn't perfect and shouldn't be expected to be perfect.
Nobody is perfect.
Not even Freddie. However, Freddie can't do anything to piss anyone off anymore.
This is not a Freddie vs. Brian thing.
I doubt he's really jealous of Freddie. I was watching the Freddie Tribute and Brian looked like he had been kicked in the gut. There is a level of intimacy between bandmates that non-musicians don't get.
It took a long time for him to get out there with another singer. That is a long time to deal with the death of someone.
Some people are just trying to get attention by being dishonest with facts.
FFS Lighten up and enjoy the music.

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 02:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is rude to bash people. It all started with a man called Mike Hunt.


"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
kweenqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 42 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 03:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I couldn't agree more!!

If Brian and Roger wants to fiddle around with PR, then what's the big deal? Aren't they allowed to play Queen songs anymore? Come on!! If it makes them happy then it's up to them! Personally I don't think it's that great, but hey it's what they want to do, so get over it.
We've got all the old stuff to lean on...

It was the same thing with every single album Queen released over the years (I've been a huge fan since 1974 - Queen II). There where always people complaining about this and that, "they've let their fans down", "sold out", etc, etc. Like Freddie says on stage (Milton Keynes Bowl) "It's just a bloody record".


"The bigger, the better. In everything, my dear..."
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 03:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's easily explained. List all the people that have been bashing him on this forum, then subtract all the ones that aren't terribly successful. The ones you have left over might actually have a legitimate reason to be so critical of him. The others are just arses.

Just jokes, but really - why all this crap? Why can't people just live and let live?


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
JDL2nd user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 292 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

teleman wrote:

This recent spate of Brian bashing is really surprising.
He’s a human being but people have decided he can't make any mistakes.
If you want proof of how Brian feels about the fans look at how he was with King Mercury or Michelle Bruheim. Kind and generous. There are a lot of people who've met him and think highly of him. And yet here you find people taking things out of context to make him look bad.
He isn't perfect and shouldn't be expected to be perfect.
Nobody is perfect.
Not even Freddie. However, Freddie can't do anything to piss anyone off anymore.
This is not a Freddie vs. Brian thing.
I doubt he's really jealous of Freddie. I was watching the Freddie Tribute and Brian looked like he had been kicked in the gut. There is a level of intimacy between bandmates that non-musicians don't get.
It took a long time for him to get out there with another singer. That is a long time to deal with the death of someone.
Some people are just trying to get attention by being dishonest with facts.
FFS Lighten up and enjoy the music.


I agree with you 100%

Ms. Bea Haven user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 326 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It seems that anyone who supports Brian is now one of his ass kissers, according to a certain individual (who I'm not even going to waste MY time by listing his/her name.)

I've traded e-mail with Brian on several occasions (nothing which I really care to share here), and I find him rather warm, caring, charming and sincere. I know first hand how he is and there isn't anything that anyone can say that will make me think otherwise.

So, whoever wants to call me one of his ass kissers - go ahead. I'm not going to lower myself to any individual's level by bickering with them on an internet forum board.










Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I, too, have conversed with Brian, and he's often been very nice and helpful. Chalk me up to being an ass-kisser, too.

*3*Playful as a pussycat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 590 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thank you for bringing this up. i had thoughts of posting something like this, but you beat me to it ;). i couldn't have said anything better myself and i feel you have said everything that needed to be said. how dare anybody "bash" poor Bri after all he has been through? they don't even belong on this forum...


Freddie Mercury is my sexi moon lobster



"Mis francais est la meme que before. C'est un peu crap"-Brian May

"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear!" -Freddie Mercury
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think much of it depends:-

1. if it's constructive - ie this/that was a bad move (and offering reasons why)
2. if brian has said something that can cause offence (and everyone - even guitar-gods - can do this) - some comments he's made do belittle Freddie's contribution - 'Bo Rhap was no a pivotal moment' - being the ONE that srpings to my mind.
3. if it's just some moron bad-mouthing him for the tour/live album/life after freddie etc etc

1&2 are okay, 3 - is out of order,
we have to realise that NOT all criticism is bad - NO-ONE is perfect - even BHM!!! On the other hand - there's plenty of morons that reside at no1, Queenzone Terrace.

then you have to look at the flip-side also
what about these people who complain when Brian is voted 'no4 most pathetic rock star' - they completely miss the point and think it's a criticism of Brian, when in fact it's just a fucking chart to show which rockstars are the most 'unrockstar-like' in character - nothing more, nothing less


go deo na hÉireann
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#FF399> Linda Of The Valley wrote:

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

i think much of it depends:-



right again, sir. this guy never posts crap!! :)


thanks Darlin' - the cheque is in the post ;-)


go deo na hÉireann
its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

teleman wrote:

This recent spate of Brian bashing is really surprising.
He’s a human being but people have decided he can't make any mistakes.
If you want proof of how Brian feels about the fans look at how he was with King Mercury or Michelle Bruheim. Kind and generous. There are a lot of people who've met him and think highly of him. And yet here you find people taking things out of context to make him look bad.
He isn't perfect and shouldn't be expected to be perfect.
Nobody is perfect.
Not even Freddie. However, Freddie can't do anything to piss anyone off anymore.
This is not a Freddie vs. Brian thing.
I doubt he's really jealous of Freddie. I was watching the Freddie Tribute and Brian looked like he had been kicked in the gut. There is a level of intimacy between bandmates that non-musicians don't get.
It took a long time for him to get out there with another singer. That is a long time to deal with the death of someone.
Some people are just trying to get attention by being dishonest with facts.
FFS Lighten up and enjoy the music.


Im 100% with you!


"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
My Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Melancholy Blues
Royalty: 1039 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its_a_hard_life wrote:

teleman wrote:

This recent spate of Brian bashing is really surprising.
He’s a human being but people have decided he can't make any mistakes.
If you want proof of how Brian feels about the fans look at how he was with King Mercury or Michelle Bruheim. Kind and generous. There are a lot of people who've met him and think highly of him. And yet here you find people taking things out of context to make him look bad.
He isn't perfect and shouldn't be expected to be perfect.
Nobody is perfect.
Not even Freddie. However, Freddie can't do anything to piss anyone off anymore.
This is not a Freddie vs. Brian thing.
I doubt he's really jealous of Freddie. I was watching the Freddie Tribute and Brian looked like he had been kicked in the gut. There is a level of intimacy between bandmates that non-musicians don't get.
It took a long time for him to get out there with another singer. That is a long time to deal with the death of someone.
Some people are just trying to get attention by being dishonest with facts.
FFS Lighten up and enjoy the music.


Im 100% with you!


ditto


Je vais bien.

Estoy bien.
My Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Melancholy Blues
Royalty: 1039 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*3*Playful as a pussycat wrote:

thank you for bringing this up. i had thoughts of posting something like this, but you beat me to it ;). i couldn't have said anything better myself and i feel you have said everything that needed to be said. how dare anybody "bash" poor Bri after all he has been through? they don't even belong on this forum...


Recently I also have thought of posting like this. But because of my poor English I couldn't... :(
It's so sad to see uncalled-for bashing to any Queen member.


Je vais bien.

Estoy bien.
rockyracoon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian May is a first class human being, a major asset to the human race.

Those who take cheap shots at him are usually immature and ignorant. Those who don't like his music are free to voice their opinions. But please limit the critiques to the music or a performance, not to the substance of the man himself. This world would be a MUCH better place if there were a lot more Brian Mays.

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 16:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let Brian have his fun. His song, Driven By You was just as good as any other queen track. And If he wants to dick around with paul, its his own f*cking business, LEAVE HIM THE F*CK ALONE.

Thank you


Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want



http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NO body's bashing Brian, it's the same person creating multiple accounts. Come on people, we should be smarter than this.

quicksilver mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 96 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 16:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian May is good.
Freddie = Queen RIP 1991

Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 16:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To Scott,
You are right when you say that there are a lot of guitarists who are better than Brian. There is nothing offensive about stating basic facts like these. In particular, Jimi Hendrix and Jimi Page were so vastly superior to Brian on a technical level that I would not even put Brian in the same sentence with them. Freddie, on the other hand . . . .

By the way, would I be Brian-bashing if I brought up the fact that he was only ranked #37 among rock guitarists by "Rolling Stone" or would the various Brian May fans out there like to ban facts as well (after all, these might hurt Brian's already sensitive feelings)?

Tiffany

Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I went to Brian's website, I also found it strange that he only includes positive reviews/comments on his news board. For instance, ROTC was basically trashed by two mainstream critics in the US who complained that Paul Rodgers simply does not compare to Freddie. The professional reviews flat out stated Queen is not Queen without Freddie. Where are those reviews on his website? Instead, he posts a series of very positive non-professional reviews written by his own fans. It is as though he cannot really handle any sort of criticism and instead has to fill his site with things that will inflate his sinking ego.

I also find it really disturbing that Brian has tried to downplay "Bohemian Rhapsody", implying that it was really not that great, despite being voted as the #1 popular music song in poll after poll around the world. I don't think that he can handle made statement (it was made at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony, for instance), that "Bohemian Rhapsody was Queen's great masterpiece". The fact that he acts hostile toward Freddie's masterpiece (when everyone elso agrees that it is one of the greatest achievements in rock music) indicates that Brian in fact may NOT be all that nice.





brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 17:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tiffmoab wrote:


I also find it really disturbing that Brian has tried to downplay "Bohemian Rhapsody", implying that it was really not that great, despite being voted as the #1 popular music song in poll after poll around the world. I don't think that he can handle made statement (it was made at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony, for instance), that "Bohemian Rhapsody was Queen's great masterpiece".


<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

i think much of it depends:-

2. if brian has said something that can cause offence (and everyone - even guitar-gods - can do this) - some comments he's made do belittle Freddie's contribution - 'Bo Rhap was no a pivotal moment' - being the ONE that srpings to my mind.


thanks for further underlining my comments (above). (just about sick and tired of all the sychophancy around here) - i've got that magazine interview where he is quoted as saying that about BoRhap - cheers Tiffany


go deo na hÉireann