Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > ANATO - 30th Anniversary Edition

forum rss feed
Author

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 07:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyone else finding it strange that there has been no press release for this? We know that Springsteen's Born To Run has been pre-empted by an official announcement, so, why have Parlophone not announced anything?

Could it be that they are so enraged by the limited scope that they have almost turned their backs on it?


Benn
Negative Creep user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 720 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 08:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perhaps because it isn't worthy of any press? The content is embarrasing & isn't likely to sell too well. It will be overshadowed by the 30th anniversary releases by Elton John & Springsteen.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 08:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I honestly think they're embarassing themselves with this release...

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Really? What are they doing, something poxy?


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
innuendopt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Even Pink Floyd have already announced their Pulse DVD for 5th December (Yes it's true!!!), but nothing from QP yet...


Thank you beautiful people!

Goodnight! God bless you!
Negative Creep user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 720 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 08:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think if people HAVE to have this re-issue... they should buy it either from an online retailer who's sales don't contribute to the charts, or leave it until the following week.... that might teach them.

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 09:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sorry but I have obviously missed the outrage over this release. Anyone care to briefly outline where the hate comes from? I assume because it isn't going to include outtakes from the vault but instead will have a DVD full of previously released videos and clip-fests? Or is there more to it than that?


Blow it out your ass.
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 09:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ray D O'Gaga wrote:

I assume because it isn't going to include outtakes from the vault but instead will have a DVD full of previously released videos and clip-fests?

Pretty much it, yes. Or maybe more- when you look at other bands and see their releases like that... You can only feel jealous... Another missed opportunity. Cause not only we're going to see same pictures lip synced to the album- we'll laso see some 50s seaside footage- I mean- WOOW! :)

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

Ray D O'Gaga wrote:

I assume because it isn't going to include outtakes from the vault but instead will have a DVD full of previously released videos and clip-fests?

Pretty much it, yes. Or maybe more- when you look at other bands and see their releases like that... You can only feel jealous... Another missed opportunity. Cause not only we're going to see same pictures lip synced to the album- we'll laso see some 50s seaside footage- I mean- WOOW! :)


Thanks for clearing that up for me :)


Blow it out your ass.
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 10:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As it's getting more and more closer to the 30th release, I'm getting more and more bemused by this. When Brian says he's gonna do something special, he usually isn't kidding. Yet, the details that online shops have up, doesn't sound like Brian's usual treats. I mean, when he's talked about the surround releases and how they're special, he's not wrong. And when I saw his postings about filming some stuff for the 30th release, I didn't see it as being a mere drop-in during a song on playback.

I still think this sounds weird. But as time draws nearer and there's no word from either Brian or any other official camp, I'm starting to wonder if the shops have it right. But, good or bad, I'll still "wait and see."

Peace,
Adam.

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

innuendopt wrote:

Even Pink Floyd have already announced their Pulse DVD for 5th December (Yes it's true!!!), but nothing from QP yet...


As regards the Floyd DVD, I find it strange that the concert itself is gonna be split into 2 parts with the first on disc one and the second on disc two. Whats the point of that? Heres the full product details:-

Title - Pulse
Release Date - 5 December 2005
Running Time - Over 3 hours
Technical Details - Speaker ID, Pink Noise inc 'Audio Setup' Dolby Digital 5.1 448 kbps, Dolby Digital 5.1 640 kbps. Stereo

Tracklisting Disc 1

Concert Part 1:
- Shine On
- Learning To Fly
- High Hopes
- Take It Back
- Coming Back To Life
- Sorrow
- Keep Talking
- Another Brick In The Wall Pt 2
- One of These Days

Screen Films:
- Shine On
- High Hopes
- Learning to Fly

Bootlegging the Bootleggers:
- What Do You Want From Me
- On The Turning Way
- Poles Apart
- Marooned

Shorts:
- Time (Eames)
- Money (Alien)
- Speak To Me 1987
- Pulse TV Advert

Videos:
- Learning To Fly
- Take It Back

Tracklisting Disc 2

Concert Part 2:
- Speak To Me
- Breathe
- On The Run
- Time
- The Great Gig In The Sky
- Money
- Us And Them
- Brain Damage
- Eclipse
- Wish You Were Here
- Comfortably Numb
- Run Like Hell

Screen Films:
- Speak To Me (graphic)
- On The Run
- Time 1994
- The Great Gig in the Sky (wave)
- Money
- Us And Them 1987
- Brain Damage
- Eclipse

Alternate Screen Films:
- The Great Gig In The Sky (animation)
- Us And Them 1994

Behind the Scenes Footage:
- Goodbye to Life As We Know It

Wish You Were Here:
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

Photo Gallery


"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know I haven't posted here in a while, but I sent Brian an email about the "planned" 30th anniversary release and haven't yet gotten a response. I think if enough people are outraged and would care to vent as such to Brian himself... well, I doubt all that much will change. I guess we should accept the fact that Queen are about to release a shoddy product, and we can either succumb to the pressure and purchase it or teach them a lesson and not buy it; either way, I think it's going to be a drop in the ocean, and make very little effect either way.

Then again, I'm still hoping that whatever was sent to online shops is just a bit of a joke thing created by Queen Productions and that the real thing will blow our asses into the water, but, considering some of the conventioneers saw the actual product, my hopes of that happening disintegrate more and more each day.

Also, I'm really excited about that Pulse DVD - the reason they split it into two parts? Probably the same reason they split the regular concert and the Dark Side Of The Moon segment apart.

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 12:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perhaps we didn't mention how much we liked the musical or the Queen + Paul Rodgers tour. That's an almost guaranteed response right there.

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've found Brian to treat his Soapbox as a positive thing (fans saying "I love the musical, tour, Pepsi commercial" etc.) unless he's outraged. Remember the hoopla over the supposed backing tape for Fat Bottomed Girls? Brian "heard" how people were commenting on it after the 46664 concert. He posted on his Soapbox that the band must sound pretty good if people think tapes were being used. So he heard of that (from this board probably), but he didn't hear about the use of backing tapes for Ga Ga or TATDOOL? I find that impossible. Or selective reading. So for the record, there are no backing tapes used for FBG because Brian said so. There are also no backing tapes used in Ga Ga or TATDOOL because the question about backing tapes doesn't exist. And the musical is brilliant because it sells tickets, and the ridiculous storyline is wonderful because people stand and cheer. And the ANATO 30th Anniversary edition will be fantastic and if you don't like it you're wrong.


You know, good times are now.
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BHM 0271 wrote:

I've found Brian to treat his Soapbox as a positive thing (fans saying "I love the musical, tour, Pepsi commercial" etc.) unless he's outraged. Remember the hoopla over the supposed backing tape for Fat Bottomed Girls? Brian "heard" how people were commenting on it after the 46664 concert. He posted on his Soapbox that the band must sound pretty good if people think tapes were being used. So he heard of that (from this board probably), but he didn't hear about the use of backing tapes for Ga Ga or TATDOOL? I find that impossible. Or selective reading. So for the record, there are no backing tapes used for FBG because Brian said so. There are also no backing tapes used in Ga Ga or TATDOOL because the question about backing tapes doesn't exist. And the musical is brilliant because it sells tickets, and the ridiculous storyline is wonderful because people stand and cheer. And the ANATO 30th Anniversary edition will be fantastic and if you don't like it you're wrong.



Sounds like Brian should work for the Bush administration.


"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"



Sean Connery
innuendopt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, after all this MEGA PF news (and the Bruce Springsteen's Born To Run package looks great too), IF that description of ANATO we've been told is true, I have to agree that QP are really falling in shame...
And I have another example: see the Oasis' Definitely Maybe 2004 re-issue. It has got live performances for ALL the songs, promos when available and a documentary about the album!

Anyway, I'm really excited about PULSE, it has completely shadowed my enthusiasm for the ANATO re-re-re-release..


Thank you beautiful people!

Goodnight! God bless you!
Hank H. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

BHM 0271 wrote:

I've found Brian to treat his Soapbox as a positive thing (fans saying "I love the musical, tour, Pepsi commercial" etc.) unless he's outraged. Remember the hoopla over the supposed backing tape for Fat Bottomed Girls? Brian "heard" how people were commenting on it after the 46664 concert. He posted on his Soapbox that the band must sound pretty good if people think tapes were being used. So he heard of that (from this board probably), but he didn't hear about the use of backing tapes for Ga Ga or TATDOOL? I find that impossible. Or selective reading. So for the record, there are no backing tapes used for FBG because Brian said so. There are also no backing tapes used in Ga Ga or TATDOOL because the question about backing tapes doesn't exist. And the musical is brilliant because it sells tickets, and the ridiculous storyline is wonderful because people stand and cheer. And the ANATO 30th Anniversary edition will be fantastic and if you don't like it you're wrong.



Sounds like Brian should work for the Bush administration.


Yes, and the cover for ROTC (by the way, what a great innovative titel) is so unbelievably fantastic and far ahead of its time that the contemporaries are not yet capable to get the brilliance. We are not worthy of something that great, only Brian May appreciates it. Normally we should pay an extra prize only for the cover artwork.


"I'm a great believer in actually NOT giving people what they want"

Brian May, 11 March 05
JDL2nd user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 292 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 18:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

come on guys. Don't be that negative. Just wait and see what we'll get. There is no real good total reliable information about this dvd so far , so just wait and judge when you see it. I think all the dvd's so far were VERY GOOD. So far Queen doesn't have any bad dvd. So just wait...wait...wait...wait till the 30th anniversary of ANATO.


My Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Melancholy Blues
Royalty: 1039 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I also think it's strange that there's been no press release about it, though I heard the news from Japanese Queen official web site...QP is too humble for it???
Anyway just wait.


Je vais bien.

Estoy bien.
Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 21:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JDL, there's a thing called track record. Queen's track record for the better part of 15 years (the Hollywood track errors, bad artwork, terrible promotion, product that is released solely for profit, Pink, Robbie Williams, 5ive, countless WWRY tracks, the Pepsi fiasco, quality issues with all DVD's) is brutal, and shows that people like you are the people Queen are targeting. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt, they're in the business of separating people's dollars from their wallets, quality be damned. If you want to pay for shit, knock yourself out. A lot of us expect the worst now from QP, and are seldom disappointed.


You know, good times are now.