Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Corrupt, low-life scum...

forum rss feed
Author

mystic_rhythms user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 16:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's what some of you guys have turned into. One day you are praising Queen for their illustrious career and inspirational songs. The next day you are slamming them for the choices Brian and Roger have made in recent years (i.e. The WWRY Pepsi commercial, and especially Queen + Paul Rodgers)

And don't get me started on all the "Brian May has lost it" posts. I don't like it one bit, you have no remorse, no respect, and no heart if you are going to say such things that desecrate the legacy that Brian has held up to this day.

Every freakin' night that he is out there performing with Roger and Paul, he plays it like he did 20 years ago, and keeps his head up, because that's what he would want us to do as well!

But no! You don't keep your head up; you lower it in "shame", or hide it in "disgust" because you feel he has let us down. Well he hasn't!
If anything, YOU have let him down.

It's all been said before. "Queen died when Freddie died", "Freddie was Queen", and "Queen is nothing without Freddie". That's not true; I apprecite every member of the band just as much as I do with Freddie.

You should too. Own up, and shut up, all you so-called Queen fans. That's all I have to say.

We can only grow the way the wind blows

On a bare and weathered shore

We can only bow to the here and now

In our elemental war

- Rush, "The Way The Wind Blows"
poltergeist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 16:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

how the hell did this get on the hot topics?

its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 16:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

me_and_my_innuendo wrote:

That's what some of you guys have turned into. One day you are praising Queen for their illustrious career and inspirational songs. The next day you are slamming them for the choices Brian and Roger have made in recent years (i.e. The WWRY Pepsi commercial, and especially Queen + Paul Rodgers)

And don't get me started on all the "Brian May has lost it" posts. I don't like it one bit, you have no remorse, no respect, and no heart if you are going to say such things that desecrate the legacy that Brian has held up to this day.

Every freakin' night that he is out there performing with Roger and Paul, he plays it like he did 20 years ago, and keeps his head up, because that's what he would want us to do as well!

But no! You don't keep your head up; you lower it in "shame", or hide it in "disgust" because you feel he has let us down. Well he hasn't!

It's all been said before. "Queen died when Freddie died", "Freddie was Queen", and "Queen is nothing without Freddie". That's not true; I apprecite every member of the band just as much as I do with Freddie.

You should too. Own up, and shut up, all you so-called Queen fans. That's all I have to say.

Why is this topic brought up again?
Can we just all forget about it and move on?
A few people said nasty things we all said what we thought about that then topic closed, why you making another theard for us to answer about the SAME THING, it gets used alot...
It was said once why again?
Please can we all move on...
Brian is not crazy and Queen+pr can do what they want, thank you!

"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 16:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*Does best Rodney Dangerfield impression..*

*straightens tie, sticks neck out*

''I tell you no respect, none at all. My mom told me Mickey Mouse had died in a cancer experiment!''

Only Rodney joke I remember.

I have to agree that we all disagree.

But...yeah, I agree Brian and Roger are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I always said I applaud their collaborations with commercials like Pepsi, the WWRY show, the tour.

I don't necessarily like some of their choices, but at least they are trying to remain relevant and keep working at what they love, making music, and marketing the Queen brand.

Have to say they don't do anything as crass as a lot of artists...I just wish they would still write and record NEW decent music as QUEEN.

xyz
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 16:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's what some of you guys have turned into......(droned....cut/snip)... That's all I have to say.

it's called opinions - and YOUR is no more right/wrong than anybody else's - and EVERYONE else is entitled to theirs just as you are too!!!
it doesn't make them scum....
(except for the fuckers who spam the boards - who aren't scum - but just intellectually challenged)

if something on TV offends you - you change channel
if there's a picture in the paper you find offensive, you don't look at it
if soemthing round here goes against your 'Brian Is Perfect' ethos - then learn to live with it

tell me how many letters of complaint have you written to TV stations re: offensive programming? - NONE!!!! - that's how many - hypocrite!!!

ffs - grow up

go deo na hÉireann
quicksilver mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 96 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie = Queen RIP 1991

brENsKi

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

scott__mercury wrote:

Brian May is selfish.He won't sign autograph for a fan cause he think hes too good.
Freddie was Queen.
If Jimmy Page or Randy Rhodes played with Queen they would have been better.

Freddie is Queen RIP 1991

it's arguable, but:-
Jimmy Page: - if he'd been in queen, then Freddie would not have got his way with so many song arrangements, and with so many of his own songs on albums. Jimmy was Zep's leader
Randy Rhoads: - Then queen wouldn't have got started properly until 1979 - when Ozzy first discovered Randy playing for Quiet Riot

go deo na hÉireann
Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw the subject line and thought he was talking about me. Looks like I dodged a bullet that time.

Blow it out your ass.
flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 05, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

quote scott_mercury;
brian would sign fan autograph,

really i didnt know about that, when did this happen if its true,
cheers

oo la la
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18636 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 05, 00:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

scott__mercury wrote:

Brian May is selfish.He won't sign autograph for a fan cause he think hes too good.
Freddie was Queen.

How many more topics are you going to copy/paste that that response into? Get a life.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Shay user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 315 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 05, 01:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

Randy Rhoads: - Then queen wouldn't have got started properly until 1979 - when Ozzy first discovered Randy playing for Quiet Riot

And then that Queen would've only lasted 3 years since Randy was killed a few years later.

brENsKi

Posted: 06 Oct 05, 02:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shay wrote:

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

And then that Queen would've only lasted 3 years since Randy was killed a few years later.

that theory doesn't work
as he wouldn't have been on tour with |Ozzy - so he wouldn't have been in that small plane

go deo na hÉireann
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 05, 02:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Corrupt low-life scum? Get some perspective!

Look, the reason people behave funny on these internet forums is obvious - it's because they *can*. We're all guilty of it, just by having nicknames for crying out loud.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 05, 03:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Opening threads like that is only adding fuel to the fire...

zaiga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 385 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 05, 10:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

scott__mercury wrote:

Freddie was Queen.

"Oh, fuck off darling, I'm tired."

Flick of the wrist
*3*Playful as a pussycat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 590 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 05, 14:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

scott__mercury wrote:

Freddie was Queen.

How many more topics are you going to copy/paste that that response into? Get a life.

let's keep track...is it three or four so far?

Freddie Mercury is my sexi moon lobster

"Mis francais est la meme que before. C'est un peu crap"-Brian May

"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear!" -Freddie Mercury
bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 05, 18:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Knob. Go and kiss ass on BrianMay.com. Freddie WAS Queen and Queen + PR suck big time.

Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
JasmineXWarrior user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 815 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 05, 02:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Those of you saying Freddie was Queen must have worshipped Freddie's solo albums and not enjoyed any song ever that was not written exclusively by Freddie and performed on piano. And you can go ahead and knock out any songs with a guitar or drum solo (which leaves you with what, Nevermore?). Bohemian Rhapsody wouldn't have worked with just Freddie. Neither would most of the songs he wrote and certainly not the ones he sang beautifully on that weren't written by him. Freddie would not have had much of a career without his bandmates. It's fine if Freddie was your favorite, it's fine if you don't like Paul Rodgers, but saying "Freddie was Queen" is either an impossible stretch or the most mindless reductionist slogan I've heard on any subject, even beating out "Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve".

Most people who are hopelessly devoted to Freddie would choose "The Show Must Go On" as one of their favorites, and we all know it was written by Brian. Think about that.

Be nice to dragons, for you are crunchy, and go well with ketchup.
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 05, 09:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JasmineXWarrior wrote:

Most people who are hopelessly devoted to Freddie would choose "The Show Must Go On" as one of their favorites, and we all know it was written by Brian. Think about that.

By Sebastian: "THE SHOW MUST GO ON: That's a though one. The chord sequence came from Roger & John, then the other two sat, decided the theme and wrote the first verse. Then they all contributed bits and pieces including the producer, who suggested some keys, but the entire process was coordinated by Brian."

JasmineXWarrior user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 815 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 05, 11:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not sure if you were trying to support my point or negate it, but my point stands. The song would not have happened with just Freddie.

Be nice to dragons, for you are crunchy, and go well with ketchup.