Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Brit Awards 1990

forum rss feed
Author

Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Oct 05, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why the hell did Freddie wear that light blue costume? It made him look even worse than he actually looked at that stage of his ilness.

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 08 Oct 05, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i thought he looked classey in his pale blue suit and white scraf, freddie always liked to stand out from the crowd,

oo la la
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 08 Oct 05, 13:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie had a very good taste (since he was designer and very arty guy), I don't think this costume was so bad... It looks okay

mayqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 73 posts

Posted: 08 Oct 05, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think he looked very dapper. The color accentuated his thinness a bit, but at that point with rumors flying about it also, to me at least, accentuated his courage.

Posted: 08 Oct 05, 15:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't get me wrong, the suit is lovely and so is the scarf. The problem is that the light colour makes him look like a living dead. Just take a look at the picture where he is sitting in the limo after the party. In my opinion he would have hid his illness better in a dark suit, like the one the rest of the band was wearing.

newcastle 86! 16483 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 08 Oct 05, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

he wore the same suit in 86 filled it out a little better then as well

martinjkstones
its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts

Posted: 08 Oct 05, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"The problem is that the light colour makes him look like a living dead."

Jesus man..your hursh, i think he was the best dress singer ever...that blue suit wasnt too bad, i mean it wasnt "like a living dead"!
he wore alot of makeup there, he dressed fine in my opinion. Thank You.

"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
JasmineXWarrior user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 815 posts

Posted: 08 Oct 05, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree it made him look pretty bad, but I think Freddie was one to put his personal style way ahead of "what people might think". He was never a blend-in sort of person by any stretch and a black suit would have very much blended in.

You have to also consider this: when people's bodies change fairly rapidly it takes a long time for their psychological body image to catch up, even for people who look at themselves often. It could quite well be that he didn't realize just how bad he looked, especially if it was a suit that used to look better on him. He was human after all. He could've been in denial.

I bet someone is going to slay me for bringing this up but remember the song "Waterfalls" by TLC? There was a verse about a guy who caught AIDS from his girlfriend and it said one day he looked in the mirror and "didn't recognize his own face". Especially with illness, a lot of people truly don't realize how their bodies have changed until it all the sudden hits them one day. (This is why you often hear stories of people getting to be 250 pounds and not realizing they were fat "until the pictures came back from my son's birthday party and I looked like a beached whale").

Be nice to dragons, for you are crunchy, and go well with ketchup.
flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 08 Oct 05, 22:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JasmineXWarrior wrote:

I agree it made him look pretty bad, but I think Freddie was one to put his personal style way ahead of "what people might think". He was never a blend-in sort of person by any stretch and a black suit would have very much blended in.

You have to also consider this: when people's bodies change fairly rapidly it takes a long time for their psychological body image to catch up, even for people who look at themselves often. It could quite well be that he didn't realize just how bad he looked, especially if it was a suit that used to look better on him. He was human after all. He could've been in denial.

I bet someone is going to slay me for bringing this up but remember the song "Waterfalls" by TLC? There was a verse about a guy who caught AIDS from his girlfriend and it said one day he looked in the mirror and "didn't recognize his own face". Especially with illness, a lot of people truly don't realize how their bodies have changed until it all the sudden hits them one day. (This is why you often hear stories of people getting to be 250 pounds and not realizing they were fat "until the pictures came back from my son's birthday party and I looked like a beached whale").

good point!, and i agree about "psychological body image to catch up"
also freddie looked ok it was only when it was getting late at the party he looked tired, but imo he still looked very sharp,

oo la la
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 08 Oct 05, 22:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Those photos make me sad. :-(

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"

Posted: 08 Oct 05, 23:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

check it out he fits the suit much better in 86 whilst sining the book in budapest

martinjkstones

Posted: 08 Oct 05, 23:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and hey this guy was dying ok he was fucking sore his fault as he knew it would be.
freddie, have you heard of this virus?
of course i have! but im gonna fuck everyone and everything i dont care!

martinjkstones
its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts

Posted: 08 Oct 05, 23:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

newcastle 86! wrote:

and hey this guy was dying ok he was fucking sore his fault as he knew it would be.
freddie, have you heard of this virus?
of course i have! but im gonna fuck everyone and everything i dont care!

Ok no need to go that far....
>:(

"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!

Posted: 08 Oct 05, 23:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well ofcourse there is need he was dying it was his fault.........he knew it

martinjkstones

Posted: 08 Oct 05, 23:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

he used that coke bottle to kill himself he fucked for fun
dont kid yourself he was a fuck frenzy boy freddie loved to fuck

martinjkstones
corades user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 53 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 05, 00:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, it was his careless attitude that killed Freddie, we all know that, but let's not discuss it, it's disrespectful to a dead person.
Freddie's suit was just perfect! At this point Freddie was already very very ill, nothing could disguise that something is terribly wrong. If he was wearing black suit, like the rest of the band, it would be even more obvious that he looked bad in comparission to the other members of the group. I suppose, one of the reasons he weared that suit is to distruct attention from his physical appearance. He might have thought that it would do so.

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 05, 00:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know why it matters...he was dying, let him wear whatever he wanted. He was going to look gaunt regardless the color anyway.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Posted: 09 Oct 05, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All Queens People wrote:

For God's sake. He was seriously ill by then and only had a little bit longer to live, and there he was recieving an award for the brilliant music him and the rest of the band created, and he's you lot going on about what he's wearing. Get a life.

Hey! Relax! My point was that we have all heard and read about how Freddie tried to hide his illness from the public and it just doesn't make sence to me that he wore a suit that made him look worse than some other suit might have.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 05, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"...and it just doesn't make sence to me that he wore a dress that made him look worse than some other dress might have."

Hmmm. I thought he wore a suit!

I don't really see the fuss anyway. He was going to look slightly different no matter what he did, and the fault certainly wasn't with his suit. It was his skinniness that gave the game away, and there was nothing that could be done for that (except maybe wearing a fatsuit - jeeze, that'd be embarrassing).

Aaaanyway.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
queenlegends user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 75 posts

Posted: 09 Oct 05, 14:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe they will add this to the GH3 dvd when it comes out. Whatever happens I think the GH3 DVD will be a sad and poignant release.

Love Kills, drills you through you're Heart, Love Kills, Tears you right apart..