Forums > Sharing The Music - Request > Queen For An Hour - is it Official?

forum rss feed
Author

mystic_rhythms user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Oct 05, 21:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hey gang, i heard about the hour-long interview with Queen in '91, i believe. I have the short 2 minute interview that was on the single for TSMGO, but I wanted to know...
is this interview official?

If so, then kindly disacknowledge this request. If it isn't, then does someone have it?

I would appreciate it very much, thanks!

We can only grow the way the wind blows

On a bare and weathered shore

We can only bow to the here and now

In our elemental war

- Rush, "The Way The Wind Blows"
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 10 Oct 05, 06:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

me_and_my_innuendo wrote:

hey gang, i heard about the hour-long interview with Queen in '91, i believe. I have the short 2 minute interview that was on the single for TSMGO, but I wanted to know...
is this interview official?

If so, then kindly disacknowledge this request. If it isn't, then does someone have it?

I would appreciate it very much, thanks!

Hour-long interview with Queen was in 1989. What you hear on TSMGO single - Queen Talks - are just snippets from different interviews and documentary movies even. It was compiled by DoRo - Austrian directors of many Queen/solo videos since Freddie's Living On My Own and Queen's One Vision.

Official or not? Check this http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=631257

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 05, 02:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The "Queen Talks" snippet that you heard is a nonsensical (but still very funny) mish-mash of all kinds of stuff. There's bits from the One Vision sessions, a little bit from the Innuendo EPK, loads of stuff.

The Queen for an Hour thing is a interview for the radio they did in early 1989 (shortly before doing the video for I Want it All, I think - thats what they say in the thing anyway). It's a good listen and it's been on here a few times.

I wouldn't call it official, but I have loose standards. Like - if it's only available in one country, I call that shithouse. Still if it's reasonably easy to get, then yeah - I wouldn't put it up.

Aaannyway, if you can't find this anywhere on here I've got it.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller