Forums > Personal > Merge PDF files?

forum rss feed
Author

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Oct 05, 00:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is there a way to merge multiple PDF files into one file? Is this even possible without buying the full Adobe program?

DJ's the man we love the most
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 05, 00:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think so Zeni.

I know for a fact that it's pretty much impossible to do it from the Acrobat Reader (then again I'm not a computer wiz) so I don't know if perhaps there's a trick. I have to put a lot of documents together at work, and I always use the full version of Adobe Acrobat.

Illustrator and Photoshop also allow you to save PDFs, but you can only save one page per file, so I guess those 2 programs are out of the question.

Your only choices left might be spending a couple hundreds on Adobe Acrobat, or downloading the program from ol' dirty Bit Torrent.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 00:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought so, too, Dan, but I finally found a free program that merges them. It's called PDFill, and from what I saw, it's about the only free-ware available.

It doesn't appear to manipulate PDF files as much as Acrobat will. It does merge them at least, which is a good thing considering I had about 40 individual files to deal with.

Of course, it's probably infected with hordes of spyware and adware.

DJ's the man we love the most