Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Why isn't Queen and Paul Rogers touring Australia?

forum rss feed
Author

Isis user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 133 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Oct 05, 09:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Isis here

I was wondering why Queen have left off Australia from their Queen and Paul Rogers tour. Queen have heaps of fans here and all their concerts would sell out - I am sure.

Does anyone here know why Queen traditionally over look touring Australia? Does anyone know if they may come to Australia on a later tour with Paul Rogers?

I hope Queen would consider coming to Australia and do a tour here.

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 05, 09:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would imagine that it's certainly a part of the long-term plan for the future. To be honest, I'm surprised that they didn't schedule Sydney, Melbourne and possibly Auckland for immediately after the Japanese dates - after all, logistically it would make sense in terms of the cost of shipping people and equipment from the UK.

Maybe it'll be the first port of call after the studio work is completed......

;-0

Benn

Posted: 11 Oct 05, 09:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope they all keep well and healthy until then or I may never get the chance to see them.

Do you think begging them to hurry up and get to Australia ASAP will help? Beg Beg Beg Beg - nope didn't work they are still not coming here. Any tips.

Greyleaf user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 8 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 05, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Send them nude photos?

No seriously, get yourself in the papers for it somehow, like paint yourself purple, wear a tiara and a robe, and parade thru downtown with a giant sign saying "WE WILL ROCK YOU -- BUT YOU MUST COME" or something cheesy like that (and yeah there's a little double entendre there, so flavor to taste if your paper is squeamish) and try to flag down a hungry reporter with a camera to get a shot of you and run a little spot about it in a bored corner of the next edition. Then send THAT to Queen.

Bring as many flamboyant friends as you can to help in your little parade. Dress for the shot.

Your insanity is

My "teachable moment"

My insanity is...

aaaAHHH SHUT UP SHUUUTTTT UUUUUPP!!!

Posted: 11 Oct 05, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Greyleaf thanks for the thread LOL's.

I think these guys are getting a bit too old for all that Tit and Ass. If they want that sort of stuff I think they can just snap their fingers and there are hundreds of groupies ready to accommodate their every need, desire and fantasy.

I don't think they would even bat an eye lid if we did this, as they are use to this sort of stuff.

I just want them to be the elder hippies that they are and just pack all their gear up - thumb a ride down to Australia, dump their gear on a stage in Melbourne and busk for us - Now that would be cool!

I can just see them now - Flares, tie-dyed t-shirts, bare feet, beaded necklaces and throwing flowers out to the audience. Of course they can crash at my place for the night and we'll see how much 'hippie' is still in the old boys!

LOL's.

Posted: 11 Oct 05, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No no dear, I meant the photos as a laugh only. My real suggestion was the parade and news bit thingy. Do you think that's a no-go? Why?

I'll help punch up *your* evil genius plan as soon as you drop it on me. ;-)

Your insanity is

My "teachable moment"

My insanity is...

Posted: 11 Oct 05, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You said:
No no dear, I meant the photos as a laugh only. My real suggestion was the parade and news bit thingy. Do you think that's a no-go? Why?

I say:
They probably don't even read the newspaper and certainly not an Australian Newspaper. I did think of a petition though but that is getting too serious for me - so I thought I would just bug them enough on their boards until they got the message from someone that reads this and knows them.

Hopefully more Aussies will also post here asking them to come on down - that we need them and want to see Queen live too.

I don't get it. They went to Aruba (where is that place anyway?) and hardly anyone is going to their concert.

Posted: 11 Oct 05, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL; you still missed the "and try to flag down a hungry reporter with a camera to get a shot of you and run a little spot about it in a bored corner of the next edition. ---> Then send THAT to Queen. <--- " part.

NOW does it make sense? :-)

I really am a genius, if only at piling up ways of being brilliantly misunderstood.

Your insanity is

My "teachable moment"

My insanity is...

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 05, 23:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm so frickin' naive, I wasn't exactly sure where Aruba was - I knew it was in the Caribbean somewhere, but that was it. I'm sure they feel the same way about Australia.

It makes no never mind to me that they left Sydney and Melbourne off their list. Even if they came to Australia they'd probably take one look at perth and say 'fuck it'.

Jeeze I hate living so far away from the interesting stuff. :(

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 00:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Zebonka12

Are you from Perth? I was born and grew up in Perth. Nice place you have wonderful beaches there.

I think if Queen say 'no' to Australia - it may be due to our bad welcoming we gave them when they did their first tour here. Their light rig wires were cut and they were called “Pommy Poofters” when they turned up to a concert in limo and they had to drive through the crowd to get to the stage.

I hope they realize that we are not like that anymore and there is a new generation here dying to see them play live and we are all pretty decent these days (and well traveled).

Did you get the chance to see WWRY the play? We did in Melbourne - I loved it. It was going to this play that really got me hooked on Queen.

How the hell are we going to get them to come here?

Khulanic

J\ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 03:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YES!! finally someone has the same problem i do!
i am DESPERATE to get them to Australia...i've tried petitions and they dont work. if only we could think of a big scheme to get them here...

bobo the chimp

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 03:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Unite!

Yeah, Perth boy here. Sucks to be me, the only Queen I see around here is me playing it on guitar!
I missed out on WWRY because I was kinda poor at the time. Funny enough I've been saving and saving and saving in case anything cool comes our way (like QUEEN or Paul McCartney).

Lemme tell you, if they do come our way I'll move heaven and earth to see 'em!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
An Ordinary Guy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 47 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 06:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They skipped Russia as well during their European leg of the tour. WWRY is staged in Moscow. Brian toured solo in there. They have a well-established fan club. And yet...
I suppose they have their reasons for avoiding such sites.

You can be anything... anything you think that you could ever be
Mr_Bad_Guy_91 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 172 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

STOP WHINGING go and post in brian site and do a petition then you all never know what next they might after their break :)

I am just a Queen Fan and the show must go on

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 07:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To:
Mr_Bad_Guy_91

You Posted: 10/12/2005 6:48:45 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STOP WHINGING go and post in brian site and do a petition then you all never know what next they might after their break :)

My reply to you:
1. We are not Whinging you idiot we are trying to get together here - so Brian will know that Australia wants Queen and Paul to come Down Under.

2. We are looking for brainstorming help from other Australian Queen fans on these boards since we were left off the tour list. Many voices speak louder than one.

3. If you are that bad ass why don't you put your bad deeds to some good use and give us some idea what the petition should say.

4. I have tried emailing Brian's site already and begged them to pass on a message to Brian asking him if he would consider coming to Australia on tour with Paul. I have had no reply from them yet. The hope is to get a team of us together and submit a group "Request" asking Queen to come here to Australia.

5. Glad I got your attention LOL's

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 07:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To JYou Posted: 10/12/2005 2:59:57 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YES!! finally someone has the same problem i do!
i am DESPERATE to get them to Australia...i've tried petitions and they dont work. if only we could think of a big scheme to get them here...

My Reply:
I think I am on to something - if we can get a group of us and write a group letter to Queen and send it to Bri at Soap box it may go through to him. Maybe the Mods here could help us here as well and pass it on to Bri for us. This may be our only chance to see Queen Live in Australia - we have to come together to get them to come here. Maybe we can all spread the word to those you know who are on these boards and are Australian.

Also I think this post should move to another relevant area as well - but I don't know where the best place would be to repost it - General Discussions or somewhere else. Can you help me on that one?

Maybe if we came up with a name for the group they might take notice of us - what do you think J\?

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 07:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To Zebonka12
You Posted: 10/12/2005 3:49:29 AM
Unite!

Yeah, Perth boy here. Sucks to be me, the only Queen I see around here is me playing it on guitar!
I missed out on WWRY because I was kinda poor at the time. Funny enough I've been saving and saving and saving in case anything cool comes our way (like QUEEN or Paul McCartney).

Lemme tell you, if they do come our way I'll move heaven and earth to see 'em!

My Reply:
Hi Zebonka12 thanks for putting a thread back up here - your support for this idea is really great to see. Thank You. I think you have hit the nail on the head UNITE - I totally agree with you. DO you know other Aussies on this board that you can get to come here and help us get something big off the ground - there are heaps of people here with heaps of knowledge, expertise and have been here for ages.

I think the first thing that those that are serious about this need to do is try and think of a name for us. I don't know Aussie Queens or something like that - no idea really - just know we need a catchy name.

Once we have done that we need to come together and write a joint letter asking them to come here and how much we want them.

That's as far as I've got so far - what do you think?

BTW: do you surf?

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 08:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If they'd come to Oz, please tell 'em there about one very big country in EuroAsia called Russia... They forget about it too!

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 09:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, he's a four Liverpool boys' "fan"... In 2008 we'll get new President, maybe then... I hope Q+PR would be still touring in 2008 :)

bobo the chimp

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SURF??? I can't even swim! Hehehe...

They've got their reasons for leaving Australia off the list I guess, big transit time, and they might worry that it won't sell well down here.

In my view, that's bunk though. WWRY did pretty good down here, didn't it? Well I heard only good things from people I know.

Even if they do come to Australia, I doubt they'd visit Perth but if you guys do get a petition-style thing together, you've got my support!