Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > meeting the Queen members at the new jersey show

forum rss feed
Author

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 20:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

does anyone have ANY information on how we could meet the members of Queen plus Paul Rogers after of before the stage, like where we would go if we want an autogrph because i hear of stories how people meet them before or after the shows and anything would be great just to get an idea as to were to go to meet them. Becuase i really have my heart set on meeting Brian and Roger!

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Forever88 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Forever88
Royalty: 1465 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 20:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I meet Brian I'm stealing his hair.

Nonono, you don't understand, that is NOT why I have this gerbil!

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 20:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

russel that doesnttt helpppppppppp

no for eveyone esle please answer this question seriously

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

Deacons 1st Choice user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deacons 1st Choice
Bohemian: 603 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a feeling that those who know may not be willing to share.

People who "know" these secrets tend to keep them to themselves or between close friends. Part of it may be that they might feel it would rob them of any chance of having more time with the Band Members themselves...you know, the whole "three's a crowd" mentality.

It's a little selfish in a way...i know...but some folks think like this.

I hope you DO get the chance to see them.....if you do just be cool and treat them with resepct.

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 22:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh of course ill be nice to them i dont think i would know what to say i would just be standing there in awe like with my arms out like i love you! Brian May's my hero!! And thank you for the best of wishes to meeting them.

well since im new to this concert stalking the band members type thing ill just try and figure it out myself if no one wants to tell a 14 year old new concert goer to the Queen concert circut because they are selfish and want them to themselves. Thats pretty selfish and ide have to say im prettyy selfish and this is the only thing ive been sure of(me meeting Brian May in person its my dream ((kinda pathetic isnt that??))). but thanks deacons 1st choice that helped me have a different light on the subject and how act when they are given knowledge

Deacons 1st Choice user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deacons 1st Choice
Bohemian: 603 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 05, 23:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not trying to discourage you or anything... just wanted to let you know why you may not get a answer out of anyone!

In all seriousness: Basically it happens to those that are in the right place at the right time. Pure Luck really.....

I always like to think that everyone, even a 14 year old concert newcomer like yourself, has a chance of meeting a Band Member. If you have the perserverence, and keep cool, anything can happen!

Good Luck and i hope you get a shot at seeing them!

Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 05, 04:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"If I meet Brian I'm stealing his hair."

All of it? Do you want some help carrying it home?

This can't end well.
Nick Armstrong user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 40 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 05, 07:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My advice to you is try to find out what hotel they're staying at. It's not that hard, they normally choose the most expensive and poshest hotel in town. Hang about outside the main entrance about 4 or 5 hours before the concert, but be patient!
This is exactly what I did in Stockholm, Sweden, and was rewarded for my patience by getting to meet Brian and also getting him to sign a photo, aswell as take photo's of him. I think he was in a good mood this day, because I normally he's too stressed out before the gig to stop and sign stuff, so I felt very lucky.
However, I didn't get to see Roger or Paul, maybe they snuck out the back door.

Ms. Bea Haven user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 326 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 05, 09:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here's a friendly word of advice. I have met several famous people before, some of which I can honestly say are 'close personal friends' - meaning, yes, I've been to their multi-million dollar home, have the home phone, cell phone, vacation phone numbers, etc., so trust me - I know what I am talking about. (Sorry - I do not care to divulge the names of my famous rock star friends.)

Here are some simple ground rules:

DON'T ACT LIKE A STARSTRUCK FOOL! This is VERY important. As hard as it will be, try to stay calm, cool & collected. After all - they are just people, the only difference between them and us is that they have really fun jobs that make them lots of money. They get up in the morning, take a shower, brush their teeth (well, at least one would hope they do), and put their pants on one leg at a time - JUST LIKE YOU DO!

Try to talk to them about a subject that will a) grab their attention within the first 5 seconds, and b) will engage them enough to want to continue to talk to you (if Roger, I'd say cars, boats, whatever. If Brian - photography, astronomy/space, etc. Paul - I haven't a clue - leather pants I guess - that's a joke.)

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RUN UP TO THEM - walk and keep your composure - and DON'T ask for an autograph or photo as the FIRST thing on your agenda - chances are that they would be more responsive and receptive to doing that at the END of your encounter.

I'm an old lady. I've been around the block a few times, and I see and have seen how fans treat famous people. I know what types of people gain their attention and I know what types completely turn them off. It's okay to be enthusiastic, but don't be demanding - that is the number one turn off for celebrity-type folks.

If you take this advice, should you get the opportunity to meet any of these guys, I can almost guarantee you that you will have a more memorable encounter, a more meaningful encounter, and then maybe we'll get to read something rather interesting.

You kids just gotta trust me on this one.

Love,
Ms. Bea

Posted: 13 Oct 05, 09:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, yeah - I did meet Brian May once...

Bob-Plant user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 155 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 05, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you do find out which hotel Brian is at, here's what I would do to get his attention: Go on the 'net, brush up on your knowledge of Rory Gallager (spelling?) so that you know as much about him as possible. Then, wear a Rory t-shirt. If Brian sees you, he's bound to call you over. Speak of your mutual love of Rory with Brian. Maybe it's devious, but hey, all's fair, right?

"The things you have to do for money..."
zaiga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 385 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 05, 10:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Other topics to chat about with Brian:

- Mysterious blobs on photographs
- Those weird specks you see in front of your eyes when you stare at a white monitor or the blue sky for too long
- The latest fashion in the world of clogs
- How he did that guitar effect in Bohemian Rhapsody
- Your love of sledgehammer science, like bombing meteors
- That lovely tent at the Wembley gig and how you enjoyed its acoustics
- Whether or not "Queen RIP 1991"
- Ask how his wife, Chrissie, is doing

I guarantee you'll have a nice conversation.

Don't mention the hair, though!

Flick of the wrist
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 05, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

zaiga wrote:

- Mysterious blobs on photographs

*lol*

gmhmagic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 171 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 05, 11:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I met Brian at Basel =D, but just a coincidence...

Posted: 13 Oct 05, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

see the thing i my parents arent that big on following them around

but for everyone else theyre probably staying in the ritz carlton- or the plaza right by centrel park those are the top oness theyde be staying at espacially with talk of the plaza being sold to some people who wanna own a piece of it for a bout $40, 000, 000.

But for me if luck is with me for that night- and im not saying this to be self centered but i am very mature for my age i get this a lot- i wouldnt run up to them or scream by like OMG OMG OMG those type of girls, i would probably walk up slowly and then talk about astronomy because thats my favorite thing to study and learrn about (not just outside school)and thank ms BEa for that because i wouldnt know not to ask them for a autograph first that helped me out a lot and seems like a VERY logical thing to do. But while i was talking to brian i would be shaking idk how much but thats what my body would be doing naturally...

thank you all so much for their help and if i dont get to meet BRian then ill be hoping for another tour in 2006, when i can stalk him then!

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 05, 11:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Miss Bea Haven's advice is excellent, listen to her.

Basically don't behave like an idiot and run to Brian screaming "Briiiaaaan". Be calm and patient, shake hands, talk a bit. Don't give stupid presents.

Don't wait at the venue - it's senseless. Find their hotel.

Posted: 13 Oct 05, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

does anyone know what hotel they are staying at?
the two i was thinking would probably be the most likely but i wouldnt know-

i was thinking maybe if i got into the show earlier and waited by the stage??? like my tickets are up n the highest section but if no ones there the guards shouldnt care if i poke around aand wait by the stage? other wise im going for the hotel idea thank you

Posted: 13 Oct 05, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i was just informed that the plaxza is under construction and i jus remebered that the ritz carlton is right near the bridge to go to new jersey. But my mother says there are plaenty other hotels they would stay at. idk of them but i think ritz carlton who else thinks so? input???

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 05, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr. Scully wrote:

Miss Bea Haven's advice is excellent, listen to her.

Basically don't behave like an idiot and run to Brian screaming "Briiiaaaan". Be calm and patient, shake hands, talk a bit. Don't give stupid presents.

Don't wait at the venue - it's senseless. Find their hotel.

I'm going to give him my underwear. Is that a stupid present?

;)

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Posted: 13 Oct 05, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Tom Jones would appreciate your underthings more than Brian.