Forums > Queen - General Discussion > WIth or without Paul?

forum rss feed
Author

AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 04:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I mean no disrespect to Paul Rodgers, who is a great singer, no doubt. But, I am curious:

Would you rather have B and R tour with or without Paul Rodgers if they were willing to sing all the tracks between themselves?

For me, I really don't care much either way so long as they tour. But saying that, I could do with them doing it all themselves without PR.

Shane Jazz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Shane Jazz
Bohemian: 687 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 04:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Same feelings here. I truly respect Paul and his talent, but I would like to see a show with all Brian and Roger on lead vocals. Whereas AKOM and IWTBF seemed soul-less on this tour, with Roger singing them, as he did on his solo tours, it might have been a different story. And the one time on this tour that I heard IWIA with Brian on lead vocals, it was fantastic. But, with all that being said, I still enjoy hearing Paul's voice, and am looking forward to hearing Bad Company and Rock n' Roll Fantasy, two absolutely wonderful songs, at the upcoming shows.


Man Made Paradise
Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 07:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't like the tour with PR but if they toured alone I would certainly go!



“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie



http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/
spymyshadow user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 261 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 08:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I couldn't have put it better, fairy...

bri and rog have amazing voices, they didn't need pr. But considering the fact that it was pr's presence to encourage them to go on tour again, and even make an album, as it is rumoured, I don't think things will go as we want them to...

The pavarotti and friends experience was a clear demonstration of the fact that they could make without pr, however, since they seem to feel that pr was necessary to their comeback, I am afraid that they would have never come back again if pr wasn't there, which makes it even sadder.


take heed that yonder dog! Look when he fawns he bites, and when he bites his venom teeth will rankle to death
Q-Nick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 356 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

spymyshadow wrote:


bri and rog have amazing voices, they didn't need pr.


I disagree with this.

Paul has managed to sing these songs night upon night, and reached great heights. Brian and Roger would have never been able to this.

Also, Paul is a far superior frontman to Brian and Roger.


www.freewebs.com/queentour2005

http://www.freewebs.com/queentour2005/car.htm



Queen + Paul Rodgers :: 2005 Tour Artwork and Bootleg Listing Sites
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 11:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Q-Nick wrote:

spymyshadow wrote:


bri and rog have amazing voices, they didn't need pr.


I disagree with this.

Paul has managed to sing these songs night upon night, and reached great heights. Brian and Roger would have never been able to this.

Also, Paul is a far superior frontman to Brian and Roger.

AND I'd add that they WOULDN'T tour on their own, they never even considered it so the man who made them go on any tour and play live music again is in fact Paul Rodgers. AND I'd add even further that maybe Roger is capable of singing 4-5 songs while drumming but definitelly not the whole concert. Same goes for Brian. It's 25 songs (avarage), they're both almost 60 and none of them was purely a vocalist. That WOULD show...
I've seen Brian in warsaw in 1998. Enjoyable, but purely because of his guitarplaying, def not his voice. If I was to chose- WITH Paul. In fact there were moments when I thought he was off stage for too long... forgetting that he also is approaching 60 :)

its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AmeriQueen wrote:

I mean no disrespect to Paul Rodgers, who is a great singer, no doubt. But, I am curious:

Would you rather have B and R tour with or without Paul Rodgers if they were willing to sing all the tracks between themselves?

For me, I really don't care much either way so long as they tour. But saying that, I could do with them doing it all themselves without PR.


I agree with you i wouldnt mind eigher way with or without, i just want to see the remaining Queen members and if thats the only way Brian and Roger would tour then fine by me!


"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
Mr_Bad_Guy_91 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 172 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if brian and roger tour on their own it would feel empty that how i see it

i say paul has warm the place and and they all got togther and bought the show down with them i saw brian and roger faces at wembley that they was so glad to have someone like paul helping them with the show and tour

without paul the front stage would be bare and empty since freddie gone

welcome paul to the queen world :)


I am just a Queen Fan and the show must go on
Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Without PR, or anyone else for that matter.

lmj user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 132 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul is a great singer but singing Queen songs sounds absurd! I don´t agree with Brian and Roger using the name Queen but if they want it at least with no singer at Freddie´s place sounds better.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its_a_hard_life wrote:

i just want to see the remaining Queen members and if thats the only way Brian and Roger would tour then fine by me!


**High Five**

JDL2nd user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 292 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Q-Nick wrote:

spymyshadow wrote:


bri and rog have amazing voices, they didn't need pr.


I disagree with this.

Paul has managed to sing these songs night upon night, and reached great heights. Brian and Roger would have never been able to this.

Also, Paul is a far superior frontman to Brian and Roger.


I agree 100%

its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 15:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

its_a_hard_life wrote:

i just want to see the remaining Queen members and if thats the only way Brian and Roger would tour then fine by me!


**High Five**


**High Ten** LOL :P


"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 15:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

spymyshadow wrote:

I couldn't have put it better, fairy...

bri and rog have amazing voices, they didn't need pr. But considering the fact that it was pr's presence to encourage them to go on tour again, and even make an album, as it is rumoured, I don't think things will go as we want them to...

The pavarotti and friends experience was a clear demonstration of the fact that they could make without pr, however, since they seem to feel that pr was necessary to their comeback, I am afraid that they would have never come back again if pr wasn't there, which makes it even sadder.[/QUOte]

Totally agree.


xyz
akindofmagic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 769 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 05, 00:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Without.

I saw 2 shows on this Tour, and i loved it. PR is a great singer, and has great songs by is own.. but i went to see Queen.. I was always praying for PR not singing Hammer To fall or I Want It All, as it happened on some concerts. about roger singing IWTBF and Magic...I think that Roger wouln't do it because when the drumer sings there's a hole on the stage. But i think he could share vocals with Brian on those songs and Others.

Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 05, 08:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

spymyshadow wrote:


The pavarotti and friends experience was a clear demonstration of the fact that they could make without pr, however, since they seem to feel that pr was necessary to their comeback, I am afraid that they would have never come back again if pr wasn't there, which makes it even sadder.

I totally agree. It's even sadder because they never considered touring without a lead singer, not even when they were younger.



“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie



http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/