Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Why Didn't Brian & Roger Tour With A Better Singer ?

forum rss feed
Author

bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 15:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Robbie Williams or George Michael would have been brilliant instead of this D list karaoke singer called Rodgers.

Robbie and George are superstars whilst Rodgers was belting out his crap voice in back street bars.

Come on Brian and Roger

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DROP HIM!!

Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"
Wilderness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 22 posts

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 16:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why don't concentrate at the music really ?
If you like their music , who cares who's singing ?
Paul Rodgers has his own way, he is original.
Would you rather prefer someone who would try doing it like Freddie ?

PS: Sorry for my English

The Show must go on... only without me, my dear.
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey BPP, have you ever considered auditioning for the role as lead singer with Queen?

inu-liger

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wilderness wrote:

Why don't concentrate at the music really ?
If you like their music , who cares who's singing ?
Paul Rodgers has his own way, he is original.
Would you rather prefer someone who would try doing it like Freddie ?

PS: Sorry for my English

Unless they had that Craig guy from the 'Queen - It's A Kinda Magic' tribute band singing as Freddie Mercury (which would be a silly idea in itself!), I myself would never want to see anyone else doing it like Freddie, as you put it, Wilderness.

And don't fret about your English! It's perfect!

its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bryans Permed Poodle wrote:

Robbie Williams or George Michael would have been brilliant instead of this D list karaoke singer called Rodgers.

Robbie and George are superstars whilst Rodgers was belting out his crap voice in back street bars.

Come on Brian and Roger

What do you have aganist PAUL RODGERS?
Whats so GREAT about ROBBIE WILLIAMS?

"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 17:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=FF0099>Linda Of The Valley wrote:

what the hell do you want us to do about it? we're not brian or roger.

why don't you go to a robbie williams concert? you hate roger and brian so wtf?

second of all, how on earth is it ok to replace freddie with robbie williams but not with paul rodgers? why do you hate PR so much? did you even KNOW who he was before the tour? if it were robbie from the start you'd be saying you hate him...

and lastly, get a girlfriend and fuck off.

how the hell has he not been banned?

And i thought that the 'rant was over' - so your also a LIAR!! therefore, when you say you hate paul rodgers you really like him!! hahaha clever!! ;)

EXACTLY, BPP your just a wind up, just run along and see your beloved robbie!

"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why Didn't Bryan's Permed Poodle Tour with a live grenade?

go deo na h√Čireann

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 18:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its_a_hard_life wrote:

Come on Brian and Roger

What do you have aganist PAUL RODGERS?
Whats so GREAT about ROBBIE WILLIAMS?

Robbie entertains the crowd he is a showman just like Freddie was. Queen NEED a showman as their songs are all about getting the crowd going. Robbie is no Freddie but is the next best thing there is. I will say it again Paul Rodgers CANNOT sing Queen songs. End Of Story. He is terrible.

Lets put it this way Queen's music would reach a far bigger audience with Robbie as lead singer.

Most people in the UK are going Paul Rodgers ? Who ? If he is a legend as some of you think why isn't he more universally known ? The guy sucks.

inu-liger

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BPP, just shut the fuck up, OK?

You're annoying everybody here with your useless anti-PR+Q rants.

Either you like Queen and Paul Rodgers or you don't, and that's that. PLEASE do yourself some good and leave us alone!

That is NOT to say you CAN'T hate Paul Rodgers, but when you go spamming the boards, which is ILLEGAL in the first place, with the same content over and over, then it becomes a headache.

If it bothers you so much that Queen are touring with Paul Rodgers, then go make your own website and bulletin board so you and your few disciples can have enlightening discussions that you can all AGREE on.

Or better yet, try QueenOnline. I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms (and I'm not talking about human arms either) ;-)

inu-liger

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, and BPP, like I said, why don't YOU audition for the role of lead singer with Queen.

I'm sure you're so big and full of it that you think you're a much better showman/performer than Paul Rodgers.

Or am I right in assuming you're even *worse* than our beloved Paul?

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 18:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Inu-Liger<h6>-a.k.a. Richard Guilbault- wrote:

Either you like Queen and Paul Rodgers or you don't, and that's that. PLEASE do yourself some good and leave us alone!

That is NOT to say you CAN'T hate Paul Rodgers, but when you go spamming the boards, which is ILLEGAL in the first place, with the same content over and over, then it becomes a headache.

If it bothers you so much that Queen are touring with Paul Rodgers, then go make your own website and bulletin board so you and your few disciples can have enlightening discussions that you can all AGREE on.

Or better yet, try QueenOnline. I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms (and I'm not talking about human arms either) ;-)

Are Queen Online anti Queen + PR then ?

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Spamming ? I am stating an opinion which is held by most REAL (not the fakes) Queen fans. Queen + PR stinks.

MANO user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 18:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Never mind touring as QUEEN leave it out boys you were the Greatest remember there can only be one 'FREDDIE MERCURY '

inu-liger

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 19:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Spamming ? I am stating an opinion which is held by most REAL (not the fakes) Queen fans. Queen + PR stinks.

And what proof do you have of that, Spermed Puddle?

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 19:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MANO wrote:

Never mind touring as QUEEN leave it out boys you were the Greatest remember there can only be one 'FREDDIE MERCURY '

What a post. Someone with brains for once. Take a leaf out of what this bloke is saying.

inu-liger

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 19:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And it is an almost commonly accepted fact that spamming is when you constantly make MULTIPLE topics about the same thing EVERY fucking day.

So PLEASE limit yourself to one topic, and ONLY one topic, if it is not TOO MUCH to ask of you.

But I doubt you'll listen, since you're just as much of a retard like FreddiesGhettoTrench, if not worse on all accounts.

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 19:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look at how well ROTC is selling mate!!

Biggest seller of the year apparently

inu-liger

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And can't you accept the fact that there will never be a Queen tour with Freddie ever again, since he is DEAD??

Let me spell that out for you: D-E-A-D

And don't take that as saying "Queen is dead. RIP 1991". Take that as "Freddie is dead", and accept it.

If Brian and Roger want to tour as Queen, they have every right to do so.

If they couldn't do that, then it would not have been right for other bands like The Who, Pink Floyd, Lynard Skynard, etc. to tour and record without certain original members, yet I don't see anyone here, including YOU, complaining about those bands.

And take note that they are NOT REPLACING Freddie!

Or is your skull so thick that you can't think outside the box??

inu-liger

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 19:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look at how well ROTC is selling mate!!

Biggest seller of the year apparently

And who said it was going to be?

It did its run, and I'm sure the DVD will sell MUCH better than that, as was the case with On Fire: Live At The Bowl.

Yet I don't see you complaining about On Fire, which did MUCH WORSE as a CD than ROTC did, in terms of sales.

inu-liger

Posted: 14 Oct 05, 19:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And can I point out that ROTC did VERY well in Japan the most, even charting at #2 in the International Artists chart!

And they didn't even have to play Japan yet to do that well in the charts!