Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Well, how was it?

forum rss feed
Author

AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Oct 05, 23:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any responses from the NJ show? Any new songs? TELL US ALL!

dogwood user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 05, 23:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fantastic.

It was a sold out show at first then they realeased tickets on Friday. I guess they sold most of them because I was hard pressed to see any empty seats.

Same set list of Aruba. Brian May was genuine when he said tonight that it's a dream come true to come to America and play in a big way.

I think Brian May seems to like playing big places...and who can blame him.

Critiques:

Paul Rodgers was barely audible.
Bass player was awful.
Sound was sporadic. Volume would go up and down.
Brian always screws up the end of Bohemian Raphsody live..he did it again.
Roger Taylor sang too many songs.
The show ran about 2 or 3 songs too long.

Good stuff:

Song selection was fantastic.
Bad Company songs were on par or if not better performed than the bulk of Queen songs.
Free songs and Bad Company songs had an amazing reception.
Brian May ran like a mad man...looked like he was at his peak.
Roger Taylor played well but should stick to playing drums.

They're going to have a hard time filling arenas next year. They should stick with sheds and they should be fine.

I mean if Journey and Styx can tour...Queen should do fine.

Trust...they're not playing The Garden in NY anytime soon.

It looks too much of a novelty tour, sadly.
I hope Paul Rodgers does some original material with Queen to get the juices going.

Bromo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 00:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey there,

In a word AWESOME. Stood through the whole show...sang every song. It was great. The newer songs were received really well I thought. The Free and Bad Co. songs were well received.

My only disappointment was no It's Late. I realistically didn't expect it...but it would be a dream come true. It would be perfect after BoRhap before the classic rock fest that is the encore.

PR's sound did drop out from time to time. Nothing too distracting though(and I've yet to go to show with audio glitches).But from where I was I thought it was a pretty good audio mix.

I believe this show could have legs. With the wealth of material from both artists, there is no reason why they can't do another couple of tours.

I have to respectfully disagree with the comment about them not being able to do MSG. Had Paul McCartney, U2 and the Stones not monopolized the place this month I think a MSG show would've outsold a NJ show. I think the sheds is what they should aim for...but with the ocassional large market arena thrown into the mix.

This was a lot of fun...let's do it again next year 8-) Goodnight everyone...hope you had as much fun as I did tonight.

Thomas

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 00:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THAT WAS THE FUCKING BEST FUCKING CONCERT OF MY FUCKING LIFE !!!!!!
BRIAN PLAYED '39 AND THEY SHOWED FREDDIE SOO MUCH!
SEE THE THING IS WHEN I BOUGHT THE TICKETS I THOUGH I WOULD BE GETTING JUST THE PAUL ROGERS EXPERIENCE BUT IT WASNT IT WAS GREAT I LOVED IT I NEED THEM TO DO A TOUR AGAIN IN THE US !!!!

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 00:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

was a great show.Paul was under the sound most of the night which was hard to believe with the rest that he has had.Bo Rhap brought the house down.complete sellout!anyone who thinks this band sellout here is missing brain cells for sure.downer-my wife who loves Queen was pissy and did not come.but-The Show Must Go On!you UK queenies would have been proud,we did a great job singing and the band seemed amazed by the response.later

john pistlli
Kilpat1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 00:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After seeing them at brixton and seeing them now, boy have they matured. Brian was on tonight, looking to be very into it. I have not seen him into any shows like he was tonight. He nailed almost every solo on cue. he was awesome. He sums the night up. Roger was amazing to. Paul was off tonight in the beginning. Sound was off a tad, a few technical clitches, but Brian stepped up tonight like a man possessed. Nice seeing them sell it out. Didnt see an empty seat. What a time!

big queen fan in new york usa
NJQueenFan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 187 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 01:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awesome show, just awesome. These are the Days of Our Lives was especially poignant.

"So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye? So you think you can love me and leave me to die?"

-Bohemian Rhapsody
Blood On Your Face user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 02:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh... oh... the night comes down...

so many thoughts... about lost youth... and lost friends... this is a special band with fans that share a special kind of "kinship"... I wasn't sure how'd they pull it off without turning it into a funeral... ot totally embarassing themselves... it was tasteful and thoughtful... well done if not exactly Queen of '78... still... I felt the thrill of my younger days... my Queen days... and I could close my eyes as Tie Your Mother Down filled the arena... close my eyes and fancy myself a would be rockstar again... like so many others I am sure... and it felt good... and it was good company.

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 02:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Same setlist as Aruba" vs. "Brian played '39" - so, who's right? Does that mean it was the same setlist as Aruba except that Brian also sang '39 before LOML just like during the EU tour?

Mr_Bad_Guy_91 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 172 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 05:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GOOD GOOD GOOD glad it all went well remember brian and roger did their best and paul help along good for them and you all

I am just a Queen Fan and the show must go on
Chaka user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 143 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Scully: yes, same as Aruba plus '39 before Love of my Life.

as for the show...I was expecting it to be nothing short of amazing, and I was still blown away! Live recordings really don't do their show justice.

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

these are the days of my life made me SO CLOSE to crying and I really never do cry, good news for all u people i videoed some of the songs! And i got A LOT of pictures anyone want????

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
RainMustFall2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 129 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 06:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That was an AWESOME concert!

I brought a bunch of my friends (mostly casual Queen fans) and they said it was the best concert they've ever seen--even better when we all went to see the Eagles last year in the same venue!

Definately the best concert I've ever seen. I wasn't looking forward to Brian's guitar solo (I thouht they'd scrap it) but it was actually quite good, going from the old solo to Chinese Torture to an instrumental guiar version of A Winter's Tale--during that part they displayed the night sky on a screen and a disco ball shed hundreds of beams of light across the arena, making the whole crowd look like a bunch of stars.

There was so much energy going on there, I loved being able to take part in the hand motions of Radio Ga Ga, and because I had awesome floor seats (6 feet or so away from the catwalk!) I could stand up the whole time and see Brian and Roger really up-close!

Does anyone have a track listing from last night?

(AHH WHAT A GREAT CONCERT!)

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 06:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good morning, America!

Good to see you all had a great time. Some of you describe some familiar feelings :-)

Hey Jamie, those recordings would be great! You filmed with you photocamera?

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 06:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RainMustFall2 wrote:

but it was actually quite good, going from the old solo to Chinese Torture to an instrumental guiar version of A Winter's Tale--during that part they displayed the night sky on a screen and a disco ball shed hundreds of beams of light across the arena, making the whole crowd look like a bunch of stars.)

Glad you liked it- onme thing. It's not instrumental version of A Winter's Tale, it's Brian's solo number called "Last Horizon" from 1992 "Back To The Light" BUT what you said got me thinking- there IS something similar there...

RainMustFall2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 129 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 06:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, I've never heard Last Horizon, but I thought it sounded similar to the melody of A Winter's Tale, which would have been pretty fitting.

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 07:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Damn, the bootleggers were REALLY fast! :-) I underestimated the Americans, saying that there would be only few (and/or poor) bootlegs but this is a nice surprise :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Queen-w-Rogers-for-the-first-in-the-USA-10-16-05-dvd_W0QQitemZ7555081741QQcategoryZ108857QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

FOAMY user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 07:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From the tail gate party in lot 22 to the end of the show it was a great time. Yes there were technical glitches and mistakes from the band but who cares. The energy from both PR, Queen and espescially the fans made the show one of the best I have ever been to.

lizardmaker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 37 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I had a great time, too. So happy to hear even the short version of 39!

And did you guys notice the full moon? I thought that was Freddie smiling on the proceedings! While we were waiting to get into the arena it was huge and low, moving in and out of the clouds. Afterwards, it was bright and high up in the sky. It was a wonderful night.

You lot of tarts.
All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 08:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RainMustFall2 wrote:

That was an AWESOME concert!

I brought a bunch of my friends (mostly casual Queen fans) and they said it was the best concert they've ever seen--even better when we all went to see the Eagles last year in the same venue!

Definately the best concert I've ever seen. I wasn't looking forward to Brian's guitar solo (I thouht they'd scrap it) but it was actually quite good, going from the old solo to Chinese Torture to an instrumental guiar version of A Winter's Tale--during that part they displayed the night sky on a screen and a disco ball shed hundreds of beams of light across the arena, making the whole crowd look like a bunch of stars.

There was so much energy going on there, I loved being able to take part in the hand motions of Radio Ga Ga, and because I had awesome floor seats (6 feet or so away from the catwalk!) I could stand up the whole time and see Brian and Roger really up-close!

Does anyone have a track listing from last night?

(AHH WHAT A GREAT CONCERT!)

I just saw the Eagles on the 16th, they are one of my favorite bands definately, amazing musicians. But I'm REALLY looking forward to the show on Saturday.

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."