Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Post your NJ show review here:

forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, First of all I'd like to say that I was wonderful meeting some of you guys at the tailgate party. I was a bit upset that I didn't spot some of the people that I actually expected to meet, but I hope this won't be my last chance.

So now my review...

THE GOOD
- The turn-out for the show was great. It was a complete sell-out and nearly half of the arena stood up through most of the show. The boring part of going to a show where the average age is around 40 is that people don't stand up even for the best songs. I've gone to see Aerosmith with a crowd of middle age people who don't even stand up for 'Walk This Way. Why even go to a rock concert when you're going to sit on your ass watching the show? That's why sometimes I rather go to shows with a fanbase of teens and people in the 20s. I was very surprised to see the whole crowd stood up and clapped their hands. It was awesome!

- Roger Taylor was in great shape. Not only for drumming but for singing as well. I really look forward to see Roger performing again.

- Brian was great all through out the show. His guitar solo was incredible, and he proved once again that he is still one of the best guitarists of all time.

- Paul was quite decent for most of the Queen songs. Excellent performances of Free & Bad Company songs. Those songs were indeed done for him. Also kudos to him for showing great on stage showmanship, and being his true self while taking Freddie's place.

THE BAD

- Paul could hardly ever be heard through out the show. Perhaps next time the sound technicians should make sure that Paul can be heard louder because it seemed like Brian and Roger sounded far louder on guitar and drums.

- Now, on the subject of Brian's guitar compared to Paul's voice, I think it was a bit too loud. Don't get me wrong, I love to hear music loud, but even something very loud gets to a point where it's just too loud.

- Same set list. Good thing they didn't peform 'A Kind Of Magic' and 'I Want To Break Free', but why can't they perform 'It's Late', 'Now I'm Here' or 'Under Pressure'.

THE UGLY

- Sorry guys, but 35-40 bucks for a t-shirt is just too much. I've been to other concerts and for the most part the price of the t-shirts don't go past 30. It might not be Queen's idea to set those prices, but that's just too much.

- I think Paul had once in a while a hardtime trying to fit into Freddie's shoes. I mean, can we really blame the guy for singing songs that weren't made for his voice? Nope, but I still give him my thumbs up for giving a very good performance. However, I gotta tell you that if they're planning on touring next year they should cut those ticket prices a bit. Aerosmith and Bon Jovi have their full line-up on their upcoming tour dates, and they're charging 75% less than Queen + PR.
Now, if Queen had their full line-up with Freddie and John, then they could charge that and even more. However, this is still 1/2 Queen with someone who is singing songs that weren't particularly made for him to sing. Very good show, although I can't say excellent.

MY REVIEW FROM (1/10): 8.5

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Forever88 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Forever88
Royalty: 1465 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great show, Enjoyed meeting quite a few of you! The show was awesome, but it almost seemed like John was forgotten! And on the weird note, there were those random strangers walking up to me and taking pictures of me :s

Nonono, you don't understand, that is NOT why I have this gerbil!
coppernite user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 53 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That was a great show though! Radio Ga Ga had to be my favorite performance of the night. Roger was just amazing. As for Paul, I give him credit man, I give him credit. It's hard to perform in the place a legend once performed with everybody watching your everymove for a fault of some sort, and keep a good spirit about it. Brian? He was indeed the 'Great Guitar God'!

From the responce they recieved last night, they should definately be convinced to return in 2006.

I enjoyed meeting you guys, if and when they come back and tour the U.S., we should get together and tailgate again. twas fun indeed. As for the photos, well you have to admit it was amusing!

coppernite

Don't make me come over there and smack you upside the head, it takes too much energy!
Forever88

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hmmmm...didn't you say you were from QOL?

coppernite user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 53 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yeah, but you guys are more interesting. Their a bunch of mean people there, whom I'm growing tired of yelling at.

Don't make me come over there and smack you upside the head, it takes too much energy!
Forever88

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah it is boring there.

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

coppernite wrote:

yeah, but you guys are more interesting. Their a bunch of mean people there, whom I'm growing tired of yelling at.

We're very mean here at Queenzone. Your yelling days are far from over.

Blow it out your ass.
drummergirl85 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with whoever said that was the "best fucking show of my life" sorry for the language. I think part of the reason is that....I don't know..there was this energy and feeling of closeness not only with everyone singing, clapping together but with the band....especially Brian. And also as someone said Brian was very sincere in all he said and did in Stage. And you can also get that feeling with what he wrote at Brianmay.com. The only bad thing was....the audio glitches, and on the screen you could see Brian making a face for the fans like yeah I know and sorry...which was funny. We all knew but didn't care. I got choked up when they were showing videos of Queen in their young days and of course Freddie, and these are the days of our lives. Roger sang GREAT and I do loive that song..is it out on cd?? those songs they wrote for 4664. But I have to say ever since I was young I always watched Queen concerts on video and never in my life would have thought I would see them play, do the hang clapping in radio gaga, sway my hands during we are the champions and just comletely sing all there songs as loud as I can with tons and tons of people. This is one of the greatest experiences of my life. You can say what you want about all the little things or songs they didn't do...but hey they played in America...or even just together again, and they rocked, they sounded great, they looked great and very happy,and the feeling was unbelievable.
(but yeah....who sits at a concert??? especially Queen... come on now!!! LOL)

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I stood for the entire show!! WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Ms. Bea Haven user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 326 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I only need one word: Priceless.

And I'm glad y'all liked my t-shirt (I'm not Roger!)

Forever88

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

I stood for the entire show!! WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!
so did I!

rats55 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 19:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

im a 40 year old guy who was a big queen fan in the late 70's and early 80's...but you know what...the show at the medowlands sucked....how dare the call themselves Queen...where was john? and who were thoes other strange guys playing base and rythum guitar...does brian may really need a rythum guitarist....give me a break...freddie is rolling over in his grave....quit now!

Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Miss Bea Haven wrote:

I only need one word: Priceless.

And I'm glad y'all liked my t-shirt (I'm not Roger!)

Ah! Miss B! I SAW that shirt, you should have put your nick on the back. Would love to have said hi if I knew it was you!

Cindy

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rats55 wrote:

im a 40 year old guy who was a big queen fan in the late 70's and early 80's...but you know what...the show at the medowlands sucked....how dare the call themselves Queen...where was john? and who were thoes other strange guys playing base and rythum guitar...does brian may really need a rythum guitarist....give me a break...freddie is rolling over in his grave....quit now!

Hi BPP

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rats55 wrote:

piss off, hater!!!

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

atom user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

meadowlands ruled. end of story. if you didn't like it, well, it's over now, so you can put it out of your mind. as joe elliot said to me after the show, "if you don't like it, don't listen". wise words...

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rats55 wrote:

FUCK OFF, DIPSHIT!!!

The show was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-)))

Me want MORE!!!!!!!

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul sounded great from where we were, we could hear every word that he sang.

Brian looked completely choked up during his acoustic songs.

Fucking rocked.

iam_mrs_tracy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a GREAT night in NJ!! My kids (age 17 & 14) are huge Queen fans and I decided to get tickets to the show as a birthday present. Then this week better seats opened up for $125 in Section 7 near the stage and I decided to upgrade their seats (my husband & I sat a few sections back on the floor). What an awesome show!! I'm 51 so I remember the days of Freddie Mercury but I became completely immersed in the music through my kids playing it all the time over the past 4 years. The concert last night was "magical". I'm so glad they had those video clips of the band "back in the day" -- it was a touching tribute to Freddie. I have to say I was standing the whole time, singing and dancing to every song. My kids had such a BLAST! It was great that my husband and I could bridge the generation gap and share the experience with them!! Hey, what was with the night opening with music from Eminem (Lose Yourself)?? For a minute I thought I was at the wrong concert! BUT after the first song by Queen, I did LOSE MYSELF in the music!

I'm so glad Queen decided to get themselves together and come to the USA. It was great to celebrate the music of Queen and remember Freddie.

Eminem's song:
You better - lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go (go)
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 05, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

coppernite wrote:

Well, welcome here and I hope you enjoy Queenzone.

Did we meet at the concert? I was the one with the navy sweater and the glasses.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]