Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Fashion Aid DVD with Freddie in it on eBay

forum rss feed
Author

carboengine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1283 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Oct 05, 00:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Fashion-Aid-With-Freddie-Mercury-of-Queen-DVD-1985_W0QQitemZ7554621821QQcategoryZ2355QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yes, it was a worthwhile experience.
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 19 Oct 05, 04:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice, Finally a version in good quality!

innuendo1981 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 05, 09:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This video is the same that the one available in the Disc 4 of the Live Aid DVD BOX?????

"The bonus documentary on Disc 4 also contains alternative footage of the finale, and also some footage of Freddie at the Fashion Aid event"

its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 05, 09:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OOOOOOOH COOL!!!

"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 05, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

innuendo1981 wrote:

This video is the same that the one available in the Disc 4 of the Live Aid DVD BOX?????

Huh???
I don't think so!

carboengine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1283 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 05, 22:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

innuendo1981 wrote:

"The bonus documentary on Disc 4 also contains alternative footage of the finale, and also some footage of Freddie at the Fashion Aid event"

I have the Live Aid 4-disc dvd and had only watched the Queen music segments plus a few others. When you wrote the above, I watched all of disc 4. One of the choices is at the end - a documentary. About 20 minutes into it, there is about a 30-second clip of Freddie Mercury and Jane Seymour on the runway for the Fashion Aid event, and that is all there is on that. I think the dvd on eBay was the Fashion Aid show entirely. I found an old link: http://liveaid.free.fr/memorabilia/pages/fashion_aid.html

Thank you for your question. It resulted in me taking a much closer look at my Live Aid dvd, including the final song of all of the musicians at the U.K. site on the stage together, including our dear Freddie in a bright red cut-out t-shirt and white pants looking as though he was having a fun time. He certainly does stand out in a crowd! Disc 4 also had the U.S. portion of Live Aid, and it ended with two songs by Patti LaBelle. I was sobbing by the end of them. They say Queen stole the show in the U.K. I would say Patti LaBelle had that honor in the U.S.

The Live Aid dvd is incredible and at such a modest price. Bob Geldof was and is a true, dedicated hero.

Yes, it was a worthwhile experience.
MelinaMercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 358 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 05, 17:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I sat and watched the documentary just for that little snipped of our freddie haha...worth it although it aint 30 seconds long i'd say it was about 3 ...

x

"If you want your soul to find peace, go to Montreux." - Freddie Mercury