Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen "Experts"

forum rss feed
Author

Zoroaster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Oct 05, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've noticed in my time here that certain people on queenzone forums are no more experts on Queen than the Greatest Video Hits commentaries allow them to be. Time after time, I've seen explanations, comments, quips, jibes, and jargon lifted almost directly from quotes of Freddie, Brian, Roger, or John appearing on the audio commentaries. What's worse, statements used from the audio commentaries are often taken out of context, used one-dimensionally, or otherwise quoted as supreme and divinely inspired information, which the quoter was so blessed to receive through holy revelation. In other words, people who solely use the easily accessible GVH commentaries as definitive biblical truth really piss me off. Thanks for hearing my rant. Cheers.


Zoroaster the Grand and Magnificent
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 05, 01:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

....and?

If you don't like what they say and write - don't read it and don't ask them to answer on your questions, enjoy yourself and your alternative sources of information.

spymyshadow user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 261 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 05, 11:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sorry but I like quoting even if it sounds bible-like. Queen sound better in their own words, and secondly nobody can think I'm talking shit and nonsense about them. Concerning the context, I'm as careful as possible to give it and not use their words according to what I personally think - differently from certain people who used the lyrics of the show must go on in the most far fetched ways I ever saw. Thirdly what you mean with "expert"?


take heed that yonder dog! Look when he fawns he bites, and when he bites his venom teeth will rankle to death
Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 05, 12:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zoroaster, quoting Queen is actually the best way of knowing what they think, since the words came right out of their own mouths. I agree those who simply quote without much research can be considered real experts. and so what? Can only the big experts on QZ answer posts? Thank god we have great people like Serry, John S Stuart, etc. who are always so helpful and kind. But if they were the only ones to have to anser all posts: 1) they would have time for nothing else in their lives; 2) it would become a Q&A, not a forum.
Like Serry says, if you don't like what the non-experts say you can just ignore them...

Take it easy! We are not in school. We're just here because we love Queen.


“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie



http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 05, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Name names...

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 05, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BeckyLovesBrianMay+RogerTaylor wrote:

queen are experts FULL STOP .dont be mean wat they do because they wont change for YOU!


We both need to take some lessons of English language...

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 05, 16:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BeckyLovesBrianMay+RogerTaylor wrote:

Serry... wrote:
Sorry but im english, i was born in england and i can write perfectly in english what is the the problem of writing instead of wat what!Thomas you veryyyyy out of order !!!!


And that my dear, is why this country is in such a mess, because English or not, you happen to be one of the most inarticulate posters in a very long time.

Have you no consideration for others - that is English may not be their native language?

Have you no pride in you own presentation, image or appearance?

Do you not wish to be the best that you can be?

Or are you happy being a Jerry Springer reject?


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 05, 16:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

BeckyLovesBrianMay+RogerTaylor wrote:


Sorry but im english, i was born in england and i can write perfectly in english what is the the problem of writing instead of wat what!Thomas you veryyyyy out of order !!!!


And that my dear, is why this country is in such a mess, because English or not, you happen to be one of the most inarticulate posters in a very long time.

Have you no consideration for others - that is English may not be their native language?

Have you no pride in you own presentation, image or appearance?

Do you not wish to be the best that you can be?

Or are you happy being a Jerry Springer reject?



"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 05, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Plus, whichever part of Chavsville you're from, in this case you are misunderstanding the point.

Which is hardly a surprise. Why not fuck off until your education is complete? Or at least go into school next week, just for a couple of days.

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 05, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

BeckyLovesBrianMay+RogerTaylor wrote:

queen are experts FULL STOP .dont be mean wat they do because they wont change for YOU!


We both need to take some lessons of English language...


LMAO :)

Sergey, you're English is fine!

It's this Becky from the U.K. that can't write English that worries me. LOL!


xyz
its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 05, 18:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This topic was about Queen "Experts"
Not about BeckyLovesbrianmay+rogertaylor presentation, image or appearance.....

Anyways back to the TOPIC....
I like quoting Queen members on QZ am i suppose to make up some lie about what they say?
Nope i get it all from the members themselfs from DVDs, documentrys, interviews its perfectly normal and nothing wrong with it! :)


"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Oct 05, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zoroaster wrote:

I've noticed in my time here that certain people on queenzone forums are no more experts on Queen than the Greatest Video Hits commentaries allow them to be. Time after time, I've seen explanations, comments, quips, jibes, and jargon lifted almost directly from quotes of Freddie, Brian, Roger, or John appearing on the audio commentaries. What's worse, statements used from the audio commentaries are often taken out of context, used one-dimensionally, or otherwise quoted as supreme and divinely inspired information, which the quoter was so blessed to receive through holy revelation. In other words, people who solely use the easily accessible GVH commentaries as definitive biblical truth really piss me off. Thanks for hearing my rant. Cheers.


Just stop complaining and be thankful you get info on this site.


"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
kagezan1313 user not visiting Queenzone.com
kagezan1313
Bohemian: 940 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 05, 00:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with Zoroaster! Simply quoting GVH commentaries belittles those of us who spent years paying exhorbitant tuitions to get degrees in Queenology.

I myself recently completed my doctorate in Mercurial Philosophy after spending 6 years in general Queenological studies at Berkley. I am thus fully licenced to disperse my profound knowledge to others blessed enough to be in my vicinity, and would remind the rest of you amateurs that practising Queenology without a licence is punishable by law.

At the very least, you'll suffer bullshit threads like this by egomanical idiots trying to quantify what gives a member "expert" status and what simply makes one knowledgable.


Thank you, God bless you, sweet dreams you lot of tarts, Good-bye!
kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 05, 01:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Honey, I have my PHD in Queenology so don't even start with me dear.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 05, 03:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After a while you'll find out who are REAL Queen experts, who are the wannabies and who just have no clue.... This last group you just ignore, they're not worth it...

Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 05, 07:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kagezan1313 wrote:


I myself recently completed my doctorate in Mercurial Philosophy after spending 6 years in general Queenological studies at Berkley.

Gee you're pretty advanced! There's a new Master's which will be held in Milan called "Applied Deaconology: how to appreciate John's singing voice". I'm enrolling next month, are you in?
LOL!



“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie



http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 05, 08:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, too bad there are certain individuals in here that try to make people believe they are experts on certain things - while in reality they are talking about stuff they know nothing about.

GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 05, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You say people quote the Greatest Hits DVD or whatever, but at the end of the day, thats how easy the answers for people like yours stupid questions are to find.

With a simple piece of research.

And, its not like they are going to just manifest some made up information are they? Think about it. It's no different than finding it out from a book or a magazine...