Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > ANNOUNCE: Queen Live At The Hammersmith 1975 DVD Video Files Zip.

forum rss feed
Author

Sithmarauder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1082 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Oct 05, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen at Hammersmith Odeon, 24.12.1975, video.
DVD Zip., size: 797 MB.
I'm having trouble with my video converter so I created a zip file that contains all the DVD files. Hope you all can use them.
This was originally made available by Roblov.
Excellent sound and video.
I will be seeding this through 5:00AM EST tomorrow and then from 7:30 PM each night through
5:00 AM until the first download is complete so please continue to seed for others. This is a worthwhile concert to have. One of Queen's best performances.

01. 4:32 Now I'm Here
02. 5:18 Ogre Battle
03. 5:29 White Queen (As It Began)
04. 2:31 Bohemian Rhapsody
05. 2:05 Killer Queen
06. 1:31 March Of The Black Queen
07. 0:59 Bohemian Rhapsody reprise
08. 1:10 Bring Back That Leroy Brown
09. 9:15 Brighton Rock
10. 1:45 Son And Daughter reprise
11. 4:30 Keep Yourself Alive
12. 8:24 Liar
13. 4:28 In The Lap Of The Gods... revisited
14. 1:26 Big Spender!
15. 1:49 Jailhouse Rock
16. 0:15 Stupid Cupid
17. 0:15 Be Bop A Lula
18. 4:53 Jailhouse Rock reprise (w/ Shake Rattle & Roll)

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: Queen Live At The Hammersmith 1975 DVD Files.zip.torrent 62 KB

View Stats on this torrent

This has been downloaded 413 time(s).

"If we look half as good to you as you do to me, we must look good" Brian May

"No, Innuendo is not an Italian suppository, it's a Queen album."
pcgenius9 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 937 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 05, 15:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I believe that this is the same version that I the audio extract I posted came from so cheers!

Dislocate your spine...
fordy69 user not visiting Queenzone.com
fordy69
Bohemian: 121 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 05, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Many thanks !

spod user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 29 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 05, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cheers for this

Dont shun it..Fun It
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 23 Oct 05, 23:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just because it's in great quality doesn't mean it's one of Queen's best performances. This is just as good as any of the other shows on the tour. But again, if count how many times Freddie messed up on the piano during White Queen, how Roger almost blew the end of Liar, and how off-key some of Brian's background vocals were, then maybe this performance is a bit below par.

797 Mb, 60 minute DVD? No way this is DVD quality... not even svcd quality.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 24 Oct 05, 03:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie always said that going on stage and reproducing the record was boring. So I think that sometimes mistakes can add to the charm of a live performance.

Dislocate your spine...

Posted: 24 Oct 05, 05:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Just because it's in great quality doesn't mean it's one of Queen's best performances. This is just as good as any of the other shows on the tour. But again, if count how many times Freddie messed up on the piano during White Queen, how Roger almost blew the end of Liar, and how off-key some of Brian's background vocals were, then maybe this performance is a bit below par.

Perfection doesn't define how great a concert is. This isn't classical music. However, It is MY opinion that this is one of their best performances. Who cares about mistakes. As far DVD quality, I'm just stating a fact. When I downloaded this from Roblov's announcement, I copied it to DVD. Someone on this forum requested the video so I ripped the files and zipped them. There is absolutly no mention on this post of DVD quality (Though I wish this was true DVD quality).

Oh and one more note, maybe Bohemian Rhapsody shouldn't be considered one of the greatest songs either because Freddie made mistakes on his piano on the recording. ; )

Forever88 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Forever88
Royalty: 1465 posts

Posted: 24 Oct 05, 19:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

More seeders please!

Nonono, you don't understand, that is NOT why I have this gerbil!
Forever88

Posted: 24 Oct 05, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please tell me what format these are in.

Posted: 24 Oct 05, 20:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*3* Forever88 wrote:

The original was MPG that I burned to DVD then extracted the DVD files for this upload. I tried to make an MPG file but my software isn't working at the moment. The main movie file is VOB. Forgive me, I'm not too well verse with these technical terms. . I'm not sure if the transferring had an effect on the quality. I did play the VOB on my system using Nero Showtime and it seems fine.Hope this helps.

Posted: 24 Oct 05, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can someone let me know if this upload worked, because if it does, I will do the same for the Rainbow show. I just don't want to waste people's time if this doesn't work
Thanks much!

The Real Wizard

Posted: 24 Oct 05, 22:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sithmarauder wrote:

Perfection doesn't define how great a concert is. This isn't classical music. However, It is MY opinion that this is one of their best performances.

Right, okay, I'll give you that, of course. But I was comparing it to other concerts of this particular tour. Tell me, if you're not talking about the quality, then what makes the X-mas Hammersmith performance better than the autumn '75 shows in Liverpool, Coventry, Manchester, Dundee, and Glasgow?

I think all five of these shows beat Hammersmith.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

Posted: 25 Oct 05, 05:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw a show the other day from the Hammersmith Apollo live. The place hasn't changed on bit (apart from the name)

Dislocate your spine...

Posted: 25 Oct 05, 09:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pcgenius9 wrote:

I saw a show the other day from the Hammersmith Apollo live. The place hasn't changed on bit (apart from the name)

Wow, that's interesting. It wasn't too long ago that I was wondering if the Hammersmith was even still standing. I hear that place is the equivalent to the Beacon Theatre or Palladium here in New York as far as legendary status is concerned.
It was sad to see Wembley Stadium dismantled in the Queen video. That was a legendary venue. A lot of people considered Wembley Stadium a venue where artists were measured for their live ability. If the artist successfully performed at Wembley, they were indeed successful. I beleive Elton John even mentioned this. Of course this is a matter of opinion, but every artist that I know
of who performed there are huge successes. Of course Wembley also broke artists too.
Thanx for sharing that bit of info on Hammersmith.

Posted: 25 Oct 05, 09:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

I'm not going to get into a pissing match about the Hammersmith show because obviously you have been fortunate enough to hear more live show ( especially from that tour) than I ever did.
I'm basing my opinion on what I have heard thus far as well as Rock Radio opinion from when I first heard the concert. That was considered their Command Performance from that year by DJs here in NY. Even my friends here in the states never heard Queen any better than that show. They
were running on all 4 cylinders that night. The only possible explanation I have for them being that good on this recording is that the show went through an overhaul to sound good for radio. I haven't heard a better version of Brighton Rock or Liar since I first heard this concert. Though I'd love to hear them! Also, I just love the version of BoRhap that Freddie sang. He seemed to have sung it with the conviction that was meant for the song. It just sounds right to me to this day. Please keep in mind i did say "One of their best performances". This is my opinion. That's the beauties of democracy, freedom of opinion.
This is why I enjoy this forum. There are a lot of interesting opinions here.
Good day my forum friend = )

Forever88

Posted: 25 Oct 05, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sithmarauder wrote:

*3* Forever88 wrote:

The original was MPG that I burned to DVD then extracted the DVD files for this upload. I tried to make an MPG file but my software isn't working at the moment. The main movie file is VOB. Forgive me, I'm not too well verse with these technical terms. . I'm not sure if the transferring had an effect on the quality. I did play the VOB on my system using Nero Showtime and it seems fine.Hope this helps.

Okay, that's fine!

Forever88

Posted: 25 Oct 05, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MORE SEEDERS

Forever88

Posted: 25 Oct 05, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seriously, people, seed.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 25 Oct 05, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sithmarauder wrote:

I'm not going to get into a pissing match about the Hammersmith show because obviously you have been fortunate enough to hear more live show ( especially from that tour) than I ever did.
I'm basing my opinion on what I have heard thus far as well as Rock Radio opinion from when I first heard the concert. That was considered their Command Performance from that year by DJs here in NY. Even my friends here in the states never heard Queen any better than that show. They
were running on all 4 cylinders that night. The only possible explanation I have for them being that good on this recording is that the show went through an overhaul to sound good for radio. I haven't heard a better version of Brighton Rock or Liar since I first heard this concert. Though I'd love to hear them! Also, I just love the version of BoRhap that Freddie sang. He seemed to have sung it with the conviction that was meant for the song. It just sounds right to me to this day. Please keep in mind i did say "One of their best performances". This is my opinion. That's the beauties of democracy, freedom of opinion.
This is why I enjoy this forum. There are a lot of interesting opinions here.
Good day my forum friend = )

And to you as well. Of course you're entitled to your opinion! But the reason I commented as I did is because far too many people judge quality of performance based on the quality of sound. Glad you aren't one of them.

Forever88

Posted: 25 Oct 05, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please, stuck at 74.8%, seed!