Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie & Jim – a story

forum rss feed
Author

Nummer2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 863 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Oct 05, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi!

I accidently (really!) stumbled over this story. And though I'm straight as can be, I really was touched by it. I don't know if it's common knowledge or published elsewhere and be warned – it's a heavy lot to read. And since I don't know a single russion word, I don't know what else is on that page ;-)

http://queen.peoples.ru/html/archive/stati/fred_jim.htm

Enjoy,
Nummer2

... I'll be back again before it's time for sunny-down ...
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 28 Oct 05, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look, it's ok. We won't think you're gay because you found a sample from Jim Hutton's book. You don't have to be straight or otherwise to be touched by it... meh.

By the way, it's "sort of" a story - it's actually from the Jim Hutton book, so it's probably all true.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 28 Oct 05, 12:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Look, it's ok. We won't think you're gay because you found a sample from Jim Hutton's book.

I will! teehee

Nummer2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 863 posts

Posted: 28 Oct 05, 12:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, I wouldn't care if I was gay, it's all the same for me. I don't care about other people's talking anyway. A love story is a love story – no matter what genders are involved. And this one is just a nice one, even with it's sad ending.

... I'll be back again before it's time for sunny-down ...
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 28 Oct 05, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Heh. Well, it's not like he could've made the ending happy instead, we probably would've noticed. :D

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller