Forums > Personal > New Madonna song

forum rss feed
Author

Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Oct 05, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WOW! The Abba sample is a bit dubious. Well do I like it? Apart from Chad/Chub Chub on this board I reckon I am the only Madge fan. And I got to say Madonna still rocks. And for 47 I'll still give her one.

Madonna. What a star!!!!!!!!

And anyone who disagrees listen to Ray Of Light, True Blue, Express Yourself, Like a Prayer and Vogue.
Bloody hell got to to quote 'watto' Can you believe that!!!!!!!

Beautiful Stranger the best sixties song never wrote!

Guess who's back?
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 28 Oct 05, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd go there...

However, this new one is bobbins. If you haven't written a chorus as good as Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, why use a sample of it to highlight the fact.

Like A Prayer is the greatest pop/gospel songs written since Motown's heyday.

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 28 Oct 05, 22:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've loved Madonna since I was a little girl. I've bought every cassette/CD she's put out. I never owned any vinyl of hers, just cassettes/CDs. I'd love to see her in concert but I'm not too keen on forking out over $200 for seats. She still commands those prices in America. If she comes to Cincinnati on this new tour, I'll check the prices..if they aren't $200 then I might go.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 28 Oct 05, 22:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is it me, or Madonna seemed more likeable when she was a whore.

Now she's more like religious freak hypocrite preaching for morals and ethics while expeticing everybody else to forget her dirty past.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 28 Oct 05, 23:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Waaaay more likeable as a whore..

Can't stand her now, but I'd agree about Like a Prayer..really good tune.

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 02:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, Madonna's not as much fun when she's preaching on and on about Kabbalah. I'll join you all and stick with Like A Prayer. :)

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 04:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That Kabbalah/red band round the wrist is shit but I'll agree on Like A Prayer and can I add Live To Tell in the equation?

Guess who's back?
Iam the one user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 574 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I heard it on the radio.Im not a big fan of Madonna,but it sounded flat i think.The trend of sampling other bands/artist`s music seem to be quit popular these days.Seems like song writers dont have any ideas anymore..its a bit sad i think.

Fucking and champagne
..Aymz.. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 148 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 10:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really like her new tune, the backing tune to it is great. But when i saw her in her video doing all that dancing and stretching her body in all different angles i was like...how old is she? She's like nearly 50 and she can dance and do exercises better than me!lol! She's great and she's probably the best female singer around in 2005 now i suspect...

flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 10:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i must be the only one that doesn't like it, its very bland, i love all her early stuff, but take a look at her video she still trying to sell the song on the back of sex,

oo la la
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 11:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The good thing for Madonna is that her whole career has been built on mainstream bubblegum pop, controversy, and extreme make-overs. So unlike rock bands, she won't ever be accused of selling out because she's constantly changing.

However, the whole Kabbalah thing just shows that the woman has run out of ways on how to re-invent herself.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One wonders what the next transformation will be....

I, too, liked her better as a dirty whore-ish little devil bitch.

Now, she wants to be religious super mom belting out tired, ragged ass old dance tunes left over from 1987?

No thank you....

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
Lisser

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't care what she looks like or what she does in her life like Kaballah (sp?), writing children's books, sex coffee table books, dating Dennis Rodman, etc. I just like the music and I like her attitude. I guess I don't mind the switch from the wild lifestyle to the more calm and settled, bc after all, she is a mother and I haven't seen it affect what has drawn me to her music since I was a little girl. Lourdes (sp?) is 7 now I think. I'm glad to see her chill out. It's best for the kids and for her as a mother and a wife. I can do without the fake British accent though. That is very annoying.

NJ!!!

Flashman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flashman
Deity: 4523 posts

Posted: 30 Oct 05, 05:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Madonna c.1990 - one of the best sets of tits you'll ever see.

As for her music, who cares? I'd still have a go, mind, but she looks more up Wayne Rooney's street in her new video.

Sampling Abba? Just don't do it. It was bad enough the first time around.

FLASHMAN STRIKES AGAIN!

Paul Rodgers is not the best thing since fried Fred.
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 30 Oct 05, 08:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How Ironic that a bubblegum pop band like ABBA won't allow anyone (except Madonna) to sample their songs, yet Led Zeppelin through Jimmy Page had no problem on allowing a media whore like P.Diddy to sample 'Kashmir' and completely ruin an all time rock n' roll masterpiece.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 30 Oct 05, 09:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

...a bubblegum pop band like ABBA...

No comments.........

Lisser

Posted: 30 Oct 05, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry...<h6>The Negative QZer wrote:

Mr.Jingles wrote:

...a bubblegum pop band like ABBA...

No comments.........

LOL....I love ABBA!! I'm the Dancing Queen!! I made the DJ at my wedding play that song twice...TWICE!!!!!!!!!

NJ!!!

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 31 Oct 05, 09:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like ABBA too, and nevertheless they're brilliant for writing so many chart topping hits. Yet, I have to admit a lot of their songs seem very disposable.

LucyCoeCollins user not visiting Queenzone.com
   LucyCoeCollins
Bohemian: 109 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 05, 23:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i've loved madonna since i was a teenager, but i could care less about all her born again kaballa shite, the new song is allright and nothing more i love that she's very bendable but i still think she really needs to learn how to dance properly ROLLS EYES....

"YOU CAN BE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BE

JUST TURN YERSELF INTO ANYTHING YOU THINK THAT YOU COULD EVER BE"
doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 01 Nov 05, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

Waaaay more likeable as a whore..

Can't stand her now, but I'd agree about Like a Prayer..really good tune.

I agree too.

And Madonna has always been one of my top 10 favorite singers.

I have every album by her, think she's a totally innovative singer, image chamelian, very bussiness savvy and knows how to reinvent herself.

I adore Like A Prayer (which she stole the show with at Live 8), Cherish, Express Yourself, Crazy For You, Dress You Up, Papa Don't Preach, Borderline, Open Your Heart, Vogue, Take A Bow, Lucky Star, and more.

But yes, she is getting awful preachy and soapboxy lately and has a habit of putting other artists down in an admonishing way like Elton John has been doing of late, and all her Jewish Kabalah stuff is as whacked out as Scientology.

Bear in mind...I am Jewish, but I find Kabalah very cult like and that peolple following it are celebrities ''in search of themselves'' or the latest celebrity ''religion'' fad.

xyz