I'm getting tired of reading many peoples threads bashing The Miracle. Saying things like "the only good thing about The Miracle is the cover". I thought I'd take a little time to tell you why The Miracle is the second best (right behind Innuendo) Queen album of all time. Ok:
1. Party - Good up-tempo song to kick off the album continuing the tradition of great rock openers (ie: Keep Yourself Alive, Brighton Rock, Tie Your Mother Down, We Will Rock You, One Vision).
2. Khashoggi's Ship - Still wondering where the title came from. Good segway from Party into this one. Another up-tempo song to get the album going.
3. The Miracle - "The masterpiece" of the album with the same name. Great lyrics, and very moving. Definitely has a special feel when listened to for the first time.
4. I Want It All - Possibly the best rocker of the 80's from Queen. Great section where Brian and Freddie trade vocals. Awesome guitar work by Brian as well (and throughout the album also).
5. The Invisible Man - Definitely the weakest of The Miracle singles but still good. Again great guitar work although kinda dumb lyrics.
6. Breakthru - Great upbeat song, cool video with the boys playing on a moving train. (Is it just me or does Roger look like Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden in the vid?). Anyway, the song is great and definitely has a cool feel to it.
7. Rain Must Fall - A mixture of different sounds make this track unique. A simple song but good nonetheless.
8. Scandal - A very message oriented song (just watch the video). A very underrated single, Scandal is a great song.
9. My Baby Does Me - The worst song on the album by far, just terrible. Cheesy lyrics make this one a skipper.
10. Was It All Worth It - Great song. Sit and listen to it with your eyes close and you can just picture the band through the years. Great rock song.
11. Hang On In There - Not much to say about this track. I didn't like it at first listen but it has grown on me. Not as good as the singles but not bad.
12. Chinese Torture - The weirdest instrumental ever IMO. Still it's fun to listen to because it has that orchestral sound mixed with great guitar and drum work.
Overall I rate this album 9/10. I'll be posting my reviews of all the other albums soon. Take care and feel free to give feedback on this thread.
How can I go on from day to day? Who can make me strong in every way?