Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Innuendo and The Miracle recorded together

forum rss feed
Author

stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Oct 05, 21:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone agree with me that these records were actually recorded at the same time in 1988-89?Freddie is quoted as saying after the miracle that they had 20-25 songs in the can.I think they brushed up and added things during the later sessions but the bulk of these songs were basically done by the release of the Miracle.I have read this before and wonder why nobody here seems to bring it up much.

john pistlli
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 28 Oct 05, 23:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think some of the songs may have overlapped. I've heard that Headlong was an '89 effort.
But I dunno, his voice does change a bit for Innuendo. Who knows.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 00:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Written or recorded together? It's the different things.

Here's quote from Freddie:

"We shall be starting work on some brand new songs (Nov/Dec '89) in Montreux and I'm very excited about it! Hope something good comes out of these sessions for a new Queen LP."

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 00:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i still believe they were recorded together and then later possible tinkered with.thanks for reply

john pistlli
Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 03:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember reading that too in the daily mirror way back in 8and he does indeed mention 20 0r 25 songs they had enough songs for possibly two albums,but here's the list of songs released around the miracle.

1 Party
2 khashoggi ship
3 the miracle
4 i want it all
5 the invisble man
6 breakthru
7 rain must fall
8 scandal
9 my baby does me
10 was it all worth it
11 hang on in there
12 chinese torture
13 i guess we're falling out
14 stealin
15 hijack my heart
16 my life has been saved
17 anew life is born
18 too much love will kill you

So there's 18 songs alone here now regardless of what else was started or written so no i don't think they were recorded together, but one song of innuendo "delilah" im sure was started demo stage in the summer of 89.

If you look at it queen wrote and recorded at least 40 songs for the last two albums quite a lot of input and ideas were been used and tried.

Goodtopic.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 03:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

19. Dog With A Bone
20. Jam sessions like Fiddly Jam or Stealin' demo

kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 03:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stateside fan wrote:

i still believe they were recorded together and then later possible tinkered with.thanks for reply

It's pretty obvious they recorded more than usual forthe miracle because they released more non album tracks as B-sides. It's pretty obviou to me that Innuendo and the Miracle comes from two distinct recordiong sessions from the musical stylings alone. the songs don't have the same vibe as the Miracle.

escuderodelareina user not visiting Queenzone.com
escuderodelareina
Bohemian: 231 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 08:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dog with a bone was writed for the fan club convention, not for a queen album.
here the track list for innuendo:
1. Innuendo (Queen) 6:31
2. I'm Going Slightly Mad (Queen) 4:22
3. Headlong (Queen) 4:38
4. I Can't Live With You (Queen) 4:34
5. Don't Try So Hard (Queen) 3:39
6. Ride The Wild Wind (Queen) 4:43
7. All God's People (Queen/Moran) 4:21
8. These Are The Days Of Our Lives (Queen) 4:16
9. Delilah (Queen) 3:35
10. The Hitman (Queen) 4:57
11. Bijou (Queen) 3:37
12. The Show Must Go On (Queen) 4:36
13.Lost Opportunity
14.Face it Alone
15.My Secret Fantasy
16.Self Made Man
17.Assasin
18.Robbery
With the songs of The miracle,here are the 30 or 35 tracks of that sessions.

the logical one is good to think, but it does not to live

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 09:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

escuderodelareina wrote:

dog with a bone was writed for the fan club convention, not for a queen album.

Really?......

We're talking about the list of songs written and recorded during The Miracle sessions, but not about what for (album, single, next album, fan club convention) they were written!

And besides - this song was not written for fan club convention, it was just sent to fan club convention! For the fan convention they recorded the additional section with spoken messages (though Freddie sung his message). Later they sent message based on The Invisible Man's theme, but TIM wasn't written for FC, you know...

escuderodelareina

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 09:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

STATESIDE FAN WROTE: these songs were basically done by the release of the Miracle.

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BRENDA WROTE: but here's the list of songs released around the miracle

escuderodelareina

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 10:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

STATESIDE FAN WROTE:these records were actually recorded at the same time in 1988-89.

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What's your point? Brenda wrote the list of the tracks from The Miracle era - I add Dog With A Bone. You said that Dog With A Bone wasn't recorded for the album, I replied you with maybe it wasn't, but it came from The Miracle sessions anyway. I can't understand what do you want to say...

Innuendo wasn't recorded in The Miracle sessions. If you don't trust me, trust to Freddie and read the quote I've posted above. These two albums were recorded in different studios even (except sessions from Mountain studio).

Official dates:
Innuendo album recorded: March 1989 - November 1990
The Miracle album recorded: January 1988 - January 1989

If album was started in the year when previous album was released that doesn't mean they were recording in the same days! 'Queen II' was recorded one month after the release of 'Queen', so what?

Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1418 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, sure there might be songs in INNUENDO which were already 'tested' in the THE MIRACLE Sessions. But most of the songs in INNUENDO originated in the proper INNUENDO Sessions.

By The way, Good Times (that is the official title of Dog With A Bone) was recorded specially for the 1988 OIQFC Convention at a one-off Session in April 1988. And Delilah originated in a mid-1989 session at Montreux Studios.

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wilki wrote:

By The way, Good Times (that is the official title of Dog With A Bone) was recorded specially for the 1988 OIQFC Convention at a one-off Session in April 1988. And Delilah originated in a mid-1989 session at Montreux Studios.

About Delilah - yes, I just wrote the dates of Innuendo sessions: March 1989 - November 1990, so everything what was recorded in the mid of 1989 was from the Innuendo sessions.

About Good Times - recorded especially for fan club or written especially for fan club? Again - maybe they had an idea of the song and used as a track for the fan convention. 'Everybody Happy' is WRITTEN and RECORDED for fan club convention, but about Dog With A Bone... I'm not sure and it's my own personal opinion :) But since Dog With A Bone exists in two versions - with messages from the band members in the end and another one without them but with some more lines instead of, it proves my theory that they just added their messages for the fan convention, but song wasn't written for it.

Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Like others have pointed out there are differences in Freddie's voice and in style between the 2 albums. It would be strange if all of Innuendo had been made at the same time as The Miracle. Sure there can be overlaps.

“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie

http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 19:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Innuendo, Slightly Mad and I Can't Live were recorded at Montreux more or less at the same time. There seems to be some confusion about whether they're from '89 or '90. Brian said "Innuendo" had been one of the first tracks they recorded (hence it'd be from spring or summer '89) but Jim - I'm not sure - said Fred wrote Slightl Mad in '90 (or I might be confused with Delilah).

All in all, the answer is: no. Innuendo is not an album of Miracle rejects. The only pre-Marc'89 track in Innuendo is probably All God's People, which wasn't worked in Miracle sessions anyway.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1418 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In fact, Serry, I agree with you in your doubts of Good Times being a song written specifically for the Convention. That's why I said RECORDED and not WRITTEN - as you have pointed out.

Anyway, we cannot "prove" this theory based on the recordings as it is obvious that they first recorded the song and then added the messages (and the ending) later. There are in fact at least three distinct versions of this song, two featuring different messages.

By the way, the song was recorded on April 15th 1988. Jacky Smith: "[...] At 7 p.m. I gave the official welcome and played a tape of a song QUEEN had recorded specially for the Convention. It was called 'Good Times' and it was recorded during the night on Friday before the Convention - after the band had been to a party!!! It was certainly well received! [...]"

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok so what are you all trying to say?lol

john pistlli