Forums > Fan mixes > Request: Imagine

forum rss feed
Author

Mercuryworks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 757 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Oct 05, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How about this for a fan mix. Who can put together a Imagine with some crowd noises singing(possibly). So with who? Freddie, John Lennon, Roger and Brian I think, maybe Paul McCartney if you can. And a good mixer too like Lord Fickle or someone, so thier are no-crap cuts. Make em sing together and some solo verses for each. And heres is another idea how about in between some time some studio chat like Freddie says "Go John"(to Deacon) but instead John Lennon says "Alright" and some "c'mon Freddies" from Roger. Stuff like that. It is a project and I would do it but I have no mixing talent

Thanks for Listening. Hopefully someone elses likes this idea and does it with great quality(hopefully) :D

So there is an idea.

PS You can do the same with Mull of Katrine (or something like that) for Queen and Paul McCartney.

PSS Maybe a video could be made for it with videos of disasters like the London Bombing, 9/11, Terrorist footage, some clips of Lennon and Freddie's death news clips, stuff like that.

<blank>
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You seem to have all the ideas you need. So why don't you gather all those bits and pieces? If you can't do it, then, you can pass it onto someone like Fickle.

Peace,
Adam.

Lord Fickle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1421 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 10:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That sounds like one hell of a project! And I mean as in a nightmare! Without isolated vocals of each singer doing 'their bit', I think it would be very difficult to make anything of reasonable quality.

However... if the version on the RotC DVD is mixed in 5.1, it might just be possible to separate the vocals... but I haven't had a chance to see or hear it yet, in fact, it's still in it's cellophane wrapper!

Remember to deliver with the speed of light

A little bit of love and joy
Daniel vZ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 793 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocals are almost never totally isolated at live perfomances, at least, the ones I've heard

"If there's a God or any kind of justice under the sky

If there's a point, if there's a reason to live or die".

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Daniel vZ wrote:

Vocals are almost never totally isolated at live perfomances, at least, the ones I've heard

Indeed, I suspect this will be the case.

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 30 Oct 05, 15:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I could be wrong but I dont remember Paul McCartney singing "imagine"

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 01 Nov 05, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lord Fickle wrote:

That sounds like one hell of a project! And I mean as in a nightmare! Without isolated vocals of each singer doing 'their bit', I think it would be very difficult to make anything of reasonable quality.

However... if the version on the RotC DVD is mixed in 5.1, it might just be possible to separate the vocals... but I haven't had a chance to see or hear it yet, in fact, it's still in it's cellophane wrapper!

It is mixed in DTS 5.1

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 01 Nov 05, 09:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I may point out, there is an instrumental version of Imagine on one of John Lennon's recent DVD's (I think the greatest hits collection one or something)

Posted: 01 Nov 05, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As I have said before about requests, the difficulty remains that whatever anyone does, isn't going to be what the person who requested it wants (see the WWRY Lullaby thread!), and to keep having to add bits, then take them away again, can be quite tiresome not to mention time consuming. I am therefore reluctant to take this on myself, for the reasons above, the fact that it's not particularly inspiring to me, and also because I don't have the required material. HOWEVER, if someone does want to take this on, I would be only too happy to offer any collaborative, 'back seat' assistance I am able to give.

Mercuryworks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 757 posts

Posted: 12 Nov 05, 22:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This was only an idea I threw out it doesnt really matter if you do it or not.

<blank>
The Deaky user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 168 posts

Posted: 02 Jan 06, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mercuryworks wrote:

This was only an idea I threw out it doesnt really matter if you do it or not.
i did a crap version a while back