Forums > Queen - General Discussion > 24hr free Queen radio station I discovered URL 4 U all

forum rss feed
Author

Isis user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 133 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi I found this the other day and thought I would tell you about the link - I listen to this everyday and it is great - some really rare Queen stuff on it I have never heard before. There are no subscription fees or trial periods on it - totally for Queen Fans from a Queen fan with a big record collection.

Well check it out and tell me what you all think - for those who know about this radio station what do you think of it as well?

http://www.live365.com/stations/madthedj?site=live365

Thanks and enjoy
Isis
BTW it saves you heaps of time fiddling with mp3 players and cd changes I find.

Ms. Bea Haven user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 326 posts

Posted: 29 Oct 05, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is my permanent radio station (well, for now at least - I have about 6 favorites preset on live 365). You can pay for this service, too - I think it's $14.95 every 3 months - you get commercial free and CD quality hi def sound.

Pat (the guy that runs this station) takes requests, and gladly accepts oddities that fall under the Queen umbrella. I sent him a copy of Love of My Life by a woman from Brazil - haven't heard it yet, though.

I recently wrote to him asking for Jeffrey Osborne's 'Stay With Me Tonight' - within a day or so, it became part of the rotation.

It's really good if you want to hear an odd Smile song, or live stuff. He's also been adding a lot of Brian and Roger solo stuff (demos, extras that didn't make it to the albums, etc.)

Really - check it out. You won't be disappointed.

rhyeking user not visiting Queenzone.com
rhyeking
Royalty: 1566 posts

Posted: 30 Oct 05, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah,

That's my station.

That "Love Of My Life" track you sent was great, but I can't upload WMA files to the server that runs the station. If you resend it as an MP3, it's all good.

Pat