Forums > Personal > Anyone like Guns n Roses?

forum rss feed
Author

its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 05, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What's your favourite Guns N Roses song(s)?

Mines....
1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. Paradise City

3. Sweet Child O' Mine

4. Rocket Queen

Appetite For Destruction album.

"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 30 Oct 05, 19:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Appetite is one of my favorite albums of all time. Ranks right up there with Cracked Rear View and a few others. One of those albums you can just listen to without ever hitting the "skip" button.

But not necessarily something you want to listen to with the family.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 30 Oct 05, 19:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its_a_hard_life wrote:

4. Rocket Queen

Here's some G'n'R trivia for you.

The orgasmic sounds on that song are actually real. On a recent interview with Slash I read that Axl brought a girl into the studio and they proceeded to have sex while she moaned in front of the mic. She ended up recording about half an hour of moaning sounds.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
its_a_hard_life user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 949 posts

Posted: 30 Oct 05, 19:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

its_a_hard_life wrote:

4. Rocket Queen

Here's some G'n'R trivia for you.

The orgasmic sounds on that song are actually real. On a recent interview with Slash I read that Axl brought a girl into the studio and they proceeded to have sex while she moaned in front of the mic. She ended up recording about half an hour of moaning sounds.

Hahahaha! LOL! :P

"I'm a greedy bitch" - Freddie Mercury

REST IN PEACE FREDDIE MERCURY!!
Yuri user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 342 posts

Posted: 30 Oct 05, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i like 'em

A little bit of heaven and a whole lotta hell.
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 05, 01:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like them a lot...my favorite songs:

November Rain
Don't Cry
Civil War
Welcome To The Jungle
Estranged
Ain't It Fun
Think About You
Dead Horse
Patience
Sweet Child O' Mine

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Shay user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 315 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 05, 04:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At my 4th grade Christmas party at school, my friend & I exchanged gifts 'cos we drew each other's names. He bought me Appetite For Destruction and I bought him Run DMC's Tougher Than Leather. Anyway, we put Appetite in the cassette player in the classroom to listen to it during the party. Was going fine til it got to the 2nd song -- "It's So Easy." My teacher happened to be standing by the cassette player and heard the line "...Why don't you just f*#k off." She confiscated my cassette, and made my friend & I miss recess for a week when Christmas break was over in January. So I owned Appetite for about a total of 10 minutes...lol

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 31 Oct 05, 08:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Guns N' Roses could have been the greatest thing since Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, or Queen. Sadly, Axl himself destroyed his own band. I've read tons of stories from people working as studio and tour crew to band members who mentioned that working with Axl was a complete nightmare.

The worst part of all is that Axl hasn't changed at all in 10 years since he disbanned the original G'n'R. The fact that he's been promising 'Chinese Democracy' to be released soon for the past 7 years, is just simply ridiculous. A New York Times report says that apparently the production costs of the album have gone past 13 million making it the most expensive album in history. Let's not forget about that comeback tour in late 2002 that ended up being cancelled because Axl either showed up on stage at 11pm on a concert scheduled to start at 8pm, or in the worst cases Axl just simply didn't show up at all. Regardless of how much talent Axl might have, the guy has a lot of issues that don't seem to be resolved any time soon.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
dixie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 174 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 05, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

which parts of the song does the moanings appear. ive never heard them

NO MORTAL MAN CAN WIN THIS DAY
Tyfoon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 185 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 05, 16:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah i like them - but Axl Rose is a dick head

Rockyuk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 05, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very very overated.

Good, but not great. I hate the way everyone praises slash and says he the best ever. Sure he's good, but there are far far better players out there. Axl in my opinion dosnt have much of a voice, it reminds me of the lead singer from AC/DC's voice, but not as powerful.

As for them becoming as great as Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Queen, not in a million years. There just plain rock, its all been done before, and much better than Guns N Roses did it. There are no other Bands like Pink Floyd, and Led Zeppelin, they are legends, they influenced so many other bands, they did things taht hadnt been done before. What have Guns N Roses achieved? Not much, sure they have a few good songs, but there not as amazing as lots of people make them out to be.

Um, Whoooaaa!...?
Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 05, 20:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockyuk wrote:

Very very overated.

Good, but not great. I hate the way everyone praises slash and says he the best ever. Sure he's good, but there are far far better players out there. Axl in my opinion dosnt have much of a voice, it reminds me of the lead singer from AC/DC's voice, but not as powerful.

As for them becoming as great as Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Queen, not in a million years. There just plain rock, its all been done before, and much better than Guns N Roses did it. There are no other Bands like Pink Floyd, and Led Zeppelin, they are legends, they influenced so many other bands, they did things taht hadnt been done before. What have Guns N Roses achieved? Not much, sure they have a few good songs, but there not as amazing as lots of people make them out to be.

I think that creating one of the highest grossing records of all time has to count for SOMETHING, at least.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 07 Dec 05, 20:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<>

Wow.. I did not know that. That's Ape Tit for Destruction? (heh, little SNL joke)

I'll be damned.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Rockyuk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 07 Dec 05, 21:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Music Man wrote:

Rockyuk wrote:

Very very overated.

I think that creating one of the highest grossing records of all time has to count for SOMETHING, at least.

60 Million albums, number 88/150 in the best selling bands/musicians worldwide. Obvisously not a bad score at all, but high amount of sales dosnt mean its great. If the crazy frog manages to get alot of sales and get a number one, its not suprising G n R can get sales.

And when I ment achieved something I wasnt really talking about sales, I was talking about influencing music. Someone said they could become as great as Queen, Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Not possible, they will never have the same impact or influence as those 3 bands imo.

Um, Whoooaaa!...?
Drummer imense! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Drummer imense!
Bohemian: 267 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 05, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah guns n roses are cool!

i peticularly like nighttrain, out ta get me and its so easy.

But yeah axl rose is a complete tit! hell of a singer though :)

I'm not a river or a giant bird, that soars to the sea, an if i'm never tied to anything i'll never be free!
heartbeat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 05, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hi firstly its a great site ! i like gunners but sorry i have to go with rockyuk on this, no-one will ever compare to pink floyd or led zep,and especially david gilmour's guitaring & voice mate he is it, followed by a close second page n plant they are all ledgends

Fraz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1129 posts

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 05, 15:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Guns N' Roses could have been the greatest thing since Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, or Queen. Sadly, Axl himself destroyed his own band. I've read tons of stories from people working as studio and tour crew to band members who mentioned that working with Axl was a complete nightmare.

The worst part of all is that Axl hasn't changed at all in 10 years since he disbanned the original G'n'R. The fact that he's been promising 'Chinese Democracy' to be released soon for the past 7 years, is just simply ridiculous. A New York Times report says that apparently the production costs of the album have gone past 13 million making it the most expensive album in history. Let's not forget about that comeback tour in late 2002 that ended up being cancelled because Axl either showed up on stage at 11pm on a concert scheduled to start at 8pm, or in the worst cases Axl just simply didn't show up at all. Regardless of how much talent Axl might have, the guy has a lot of issues that don't seem to be resolved any time soon.

I agree. I find Axl Rose to be hard rock's answer to Michael Jackson right down to the immense amount of reconstructive plastic surgery Axl has had recently. I don't know if you have seen him, but you would never know it was the same man from the late 80's, early 90's, he looks so entirely different and bizarre.

And to say he has issues working with ANYBODY. How many producers (Roy Thomas Baker included) have worked on and been fired or left of their own accord on Chinese Democracy?

He alienated his entire band, all who were an ensemble of some of 90's rock's newest finest talents (who most of them went on to found Velvet Revolver being Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum).

His irrational temper and tantrums are unreal. I believe he did a concert or a few of them early 2005 with Buckethead as his guitarist, and Axl showed up late, stoned and drunk, screamed at Buckethead, screamed at the audience.

He also is horrid in his private life. He was arrested for beating his girlfriend who was in the ''November Rain'' video, super model Stephanie Seymour.

It's one thing to be ''difficult and eccentric'' when one is very creative, it's another to be volatile, violent, anti-social and whacked out of their mind so bad that they destroy their own creativity itself and push away anyone who is willing to help nurture that very creativity.

xyz
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 05, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin and I had tickets to see "Guns N Roses" during their last tour. We never got to see them though because the tour was cancelled before our date. It would have been interesting to see Axl. I think we had 9th row tickets.

Best it was cancelled before though. Look at this:

http://www.mygnr.com/bootleg/2002/North_American_Tour/Philadelphia/Philadelphia_DEC_6.html

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 29 Dec 05, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Erin and I had tickets to see "Guns N Roses" during their last tour. We never got to see them though because the tour was cancelled before our date. It would have been interesting to see Axl. I think we had 9th row tickets.

Best it was cancelled before though. Look at this:

http://www.mygnr.com/bootleg/2002/North_American_Tour/Philadelphia/Philadelphia_DEC_6.html

I saw them during the concert at the Garden.
I remember there were guys yelling:

AXL!! COME OUT YOU ASSHOLE!!
I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS IF YOU DON'T SHOW UP!!

I remember being scared the shit out of a possible riot.