Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > ROTC DVD

forum rss feed
Author

new one user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 201 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Oct 05, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry if this has already been done to death but havnt been on here for a while, work etc...Just watched the new dvd and I must say that I loved it. I went to the Newcastle show and seeing this dvd of Sheffield just brought those wonderful memories flooding back. One thing I must say is at the time of the tour a lot of people were saying a kind of magic should be dropped, i thought it seemed just fine in Newcastle and its pretty good on the DVD aswell. Just goes to show how people interpret things differently. Letshope for a little bit more from this new version of the band. Happy halloween everyone....

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 05, 11:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think that it's absolutely stunning. I went to the Hollywood Bowl show, and I was completely blown away, even more than I had expected to be. But watching the concert brings it all back, which is incredible.

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
new one user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 201 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 05, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was about 15 or 20 feet back from centre of catwalk

TheGame user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yes dear, i DO want it all ;)
TheGame
Royalty: 1076 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 05, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Didn`t a tv station record the opening at Newcastle?

24 carat Angel user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 31 Oct 05, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was at Newcastle too, right in front of the stage on Brian's side - brill show. I ordered my dvd from amazon - hope I get it tomorrow, can't wait to see it :-)

24 carat Angel
drowse_taylor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 05, 19:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i soooo cryed watching that concert!! when they started showing video clips of freddie i started bawling!

7drylegs+1wet1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 160 posts

Posted: 01 Nov 05, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i'm getting into town to buy it today! Can't wait! It was my first EVER concert (sheffield) and its like having a professional home video!!!

AND, i watched the small clip and you can see me and my friend in WATC, about 10 or 15 feet to the right of near the end of the catwalk, as you're looking at the stage!

"What do you send a squaddie in the front line? Of course, a slit trench. No, i send him a sandbag, and, just in case he doesn't laugh, a box of preserved fruit."

~Spike Milligan~
Col-C user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 196 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 04:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

24 carat Angel wrote:

I was at Newcastle too, right in front of the stage on Brian's side - brill show.

I was about 10 feet to the right of the catwalk (BHM side), and about 10 feet back from the main stage.....near you somewhere :)

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Eggs and Spam?
24 carat Angel user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Col-c, I was behind the front row of peeps at the barrier, half-way between the catwalk and the edge of the floor area. It was sooo amazing to see Brian May right in front of ME!!!! I wish I'd took my camera!!
I watched my dvd last night - I'd forgot about the disco ball thingy!! ahh.....memories..I hope they do it again :-)

24 carat Angel
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 03 Nov 05, 03:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Best concert DVD I have seen, I was unsure when I first heard the CD, but it comes to life on screen and brings back great memories of the Summer concerts I attended.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Frozenpenguin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 03 Nov 05, 08:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was at Hyde Park and the sun going down whilst playing 'Imagine' was something else...my ONLY complaint (if you can call it that) about the dvd is that the camera could have shown the sunset a bit more, either by panning around a couple of feet higher or by using some special 'sunset enhancing' effect!!! lol..

Great DVD, the memories will live forever..

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 03 Nov 05, 10:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Frozenpenguin wrote:

I was at Hyde Park and the sun going down whilst playing 'Imagine' was something else...my ONLY complaint (if you can call it that) about the dvd is that the camera could have shown the sunset a bit more, either by panning around a couple of feet higher or by using some special 'sunset enhancing' effect!!! lol..

Great DVD, the memories will live forever..

Actually by "Imagine" it wasn't yet taht beautiful. As far as I remeber really nice it started to be by "Show Must Go On", or maybe before by "radio ga-Ga"- by taht time the whole sky was red... Man, it's stupid not to put this material as bonus... The footage from HP was mindblowing...

Frozenpenguin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 04 Nov 05, 08:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agreed, though I'm sure that considering they recorded every backstage moment and interview there must be some kind of plans to release further footage.

I know I'm bias but the Hyde park event deserves further production.

I see what you mean about the sun now, its high in the horizon, my memories are limited to the double screen shots from the stage as I couldnt turn around to see behind due to the team of 6ft 6 rugby fans stood behind me.

I just want to see the view from the stage cos that would have been inspiring...ah well, maybe next year ???

Whatinthewhatthe? user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2210 posts

Posted: 04 Nov 05, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Think they may release the Hyde Park performance? Would be awesome to see! The Imagine bit from the ROTC DVD was really good, wish it could have lasted a wee bit longer.