Forums > Sharing The Music - Request > Suddenly cannot burn Queen songs! Help, my friends!

forum rss feed
Author

Shane Jazz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Shane Jazz
Bohemian: 687 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 00:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello everyone...All of a sudden, after downloading and burning songs for years, I cannot burn Queen songs that I have downloaded. Everytime I start the burning process, it says Error, and then says " a required audio codec is not installed in your computer." Huh? Why did I not have a problem with this for years, but now I do all of a sudden? And I was able to burn one song, the IWBTLY live clip from Japan, and that was a wav file. Anyone have any idea what caused this, and what can possibly be done to fix things? Thanks for any help you can provide, trust me, it is greatly appreciated. Have a nice night!

Man Made Paradise
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6375 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 01:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Did you do a defrag on your hard drive to try to correct this?

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Shane Jazz

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 01:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, I did not do a defrag. I am currently looking around to figure out how to do that. Any ideas? And thanks, Rip!

Man Made Paradise
Shane Jazz

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 01:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I did a defrag, and still no luck. Why on earth would I no longer be able to burn mp3 files?

Man Made Paradise
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 05:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's impossible to tell you what is wrong but maybe somehow your audio codecs was deleted or overwritten. You can download a new one, for example here (if you use Nero)

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Cole2k_Media_Nero_Audio_Plugin_Pack.htm

Be prepared to uninstall Nero and re-install it from your CD if something goes wrong. You should always ask an expert if you are not sure.

I do not want any google ads here.

Sithmarauder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1082 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 16:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine is probably right about the Codec download, also check to see if you installed Nero (if that's what you are using)to support WAV & MP3 files (these are different file types). The option to select the filetypes comes up when you install Nero.
I'm not sure how to do it after installation but I'm sure there is a way to do it.
I was getting a similar message when I tried to burn FLAC through Nero but since I added FLAC when I upgraded Nero, it works fine.
Make sure you reboot your system after you download the codec.
One more thing, clean your lens if you haven't done so.

"If we look half as good to you as you do to me, we must look good" Brian May

"No, Innuendo is not an Italian suppository, it's a Queen album."