Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen was actually racist?

forum rss feed
Author

Dear Friends user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 86 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just found out that Brian May associates with known KKK member Axl Rose. Axl has been known to spit at his black listeners in the fron row and refuse to sign their albums. In one bootleg when Brian was playing with GnR you can see Axl spit at one of them and Brian laughing.

And I remember a video interview I got off of KaZAa with Freddie where he was asked if black culture and their funk music had any influence on Hot Spce and Freddie replied something like "Let me tell you, the only thing n****rs are good for is shining my shoes darling (laughter)"

And Freddie owned a slave who he kept in the fields of his Garden Lodge. Freddie had him harvest his garden and referred to him as "The Black Bitch." That is when he wasn't beating in and calling a filthy n****r.

Also, Roger was recently seen beating up and black mother and her infant in the streets of London for "treading on his new clogs."

Also, on GVHI, when Roger is talking about AOBTD he talks about these two black guys that came up to them and told them there music was bad. Except if you listen carefully, he say "Two young ni-- black, African Americans"

Also, Roger was recently seen beating up a black mother and her infant in the streets of London for "treading on his new clogs." He spent 2 day in a cell but managed to get off on emotional distress claims.

John was too shy to do it more publicly so he did it in his songs. Like AOBTD which talks about exterminating minorities one by one. I Want to Break Free (From black on white oppression that is) And even Under Pressure talking about the white man's struggle to get every last minority off the streets.

In fact, I've heard a lot of Queen songs have secret hate messages in them.

You Take My Breath Away - Jim Crow and Lynching blacks

March of the Black Queen - The million man march being a stupid idea and MLK is somehow a "Queen" for fighting for his rights.

Soul Brother - Freddie mocks black music by pretending to be a black stereotype

One Vision - ONE RACE, ONE GOD, etc. lyric putting down non whites (and jews/muslims/etc. too) and Roger said it was a hate sog against MLK that Freddie mucked up by making it against every non white.

Great King Rat - More MLK bashing

Ogre Battle - One day whites and blacks will fight and only the white race can come out on top.

The Hitman & Dead on Time - Promotes execution of minorities

White Man - Self Explanatory

The Videos too.
Radio Ga Ga with the whole Nazi references in the video

Body Language where Freddie dance next to three portly black women suggesting that you can't be black and beautiful at the same time.

It's a Hard Life where the only to black guys in the seen are slaves while everyone else is rich.

And the fact that everybody in their audiences is white. No minorities in the bunch. Did they hang a sign outside or something or was it just implied?

How can people continue to support a band that promotes such bigotry? Hopefully, you won't because I can't

Anyway the wind blows...
yamaha user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 314 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So did you take a lot of crack this morning, or just a little?

mayqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 73 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think I'm more disturbed by the amount of time you spent on this than by the asinine observations you've made.

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 19:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, this is certainly different.

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

shit i read the 1st 3 sentences of this post and had to comment- not true ive heard various quotes of his ffrom videos saying "he never knew why people were racist, when he was in school and he saw someone he didnt even relize the colour of their skin, it never crossed his mind that people should be treated differently who look different." if that quote wasnt it it was damn close but i cant remember what exactly it said

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Zoroaster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 20:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow. That's all I have to say. No, wait, there's more coming....
Just like the marxist who always seems to see evidence of the proletarian's struggle in everything he examines, you have also found a great conspiracy masked in everything.

You Take My Breath Away is about love/enfatuation with borderline, tongue-in-cheek obsession. No lynchings lyrics, although that does alliterate nicely.

March of the Black Queen was about Freddie's "black side." I have no idea what orifice you pulled the MLK connection from. Why would Fred make fun of someone by calling them a "Queen" anyway? It seems a bit self-deprecating. Most importantly, the Million Man March was not the title of MLK's march on Washington, but rather another march which occured in 1995.

As for Soul Brother, Freddie sang in a variety of styles, and I think that by pointing out that you think he is stereotyping a particular race, you are inadvertently admitting you hold such a stereotype.

Regarding One Vision, which was written after Queen's performance at LIVE AID to help raise funds for Ethiopian famine, the vision is unity, not supremacy. The essential oneness of humanity is the intent of the song's lyrics. Anthropologists today dispute that our classifications of "Race" are even valid. We are the same race. Besides, Freddie, although he had a light complexion, was essentially Iranian, and his family members have varying degrees of skin pigmentation.

Great King Rat... wrong! The Rat died of syphillis on his 44th birthday. MLK died of a gunshot wound at the age of 39.

Ogre Battle- You mean, the "white ogre race," right? Bullshit.

Hitman and Dead on Time... If only they promoted the execution of you.

Radio GaGa... please.

Body Language Video. I happen to know that Fred liked big, portly, black women. :P

Hard life... I think you mean, "scene" and perhaps Queen was trying to point out social injustice, not applaud it.

Few minorities in the audiences... You cannot force someone to go to a Queen concert. The general trends which develop are socio-economic in nature and cannot be explained without much deliberation. It must also be noted that on Queen's tours in Japan and South America, the same thing happened, although this time the minorities who were not represented where the "white, non-hispanics."

Finally, you remind me of Vivival. Now I'm sure this post took you a long time to compile and analyse, but really you mustn't waste your time. I've tried my best to explain the fallacy of your arguements, but I do not have much confidence in your understanding of my comments, since you wrote this post to begin with. We do not need sociopaths, conspiracy theorists, revisionist historians, zealots, or fanatics on this site; although a few are fun. All that said, go rest your miniscule intellect, as I'm sure that nary a neuron has been sparked in that well-armoured orb atop your shoulders.

Cheers.

Zoroaster the Grand and Magnificent
inthelapofthegods user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 271 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 20:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Intruiging...
Whatever you have been smoking, please stop.

don't i know you from the cinematographer's party?

who am i to blow against the wind?
Brandon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1803 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hahahaha!
This guy is winding you up, guys.
Do you honestly believe anyone is really crazy enough to believe this stuff?

ibanez122 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 302 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 20:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what a fucking idiot. Maybe you're the one whos racist...

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You only gave your interpretation of the songs like I gave mine but you never disputed any of my facts.

1. Brian May associates with known racist Axl Rose and even praises him.
2. Roger almost called black people a racial slur on tape.
3. Radio Ga Ga's video resemlbes nazism at expert testimony confirms.
4. Freddie spoke poorly of black (shining shoes) and he refused to date them or portray them in a posiitve light in his videos.

Anyway the wind blows...

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 21:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear Friends wrote:

You only gave your interpretation of the songs like I gave mine but you never disputed any of my facts.

4. Freddie spoke poorly of black (shining shoes) and he refused to date them or portray them in a posiitve light in his videos.

Okay, I avoided those topics because I simply don't know enough about them. I, unlike you, have not researched in an attempt to vilify the members of Queen on the grounds of racial bigotry. Whether these things you have said are true or not, it is important to remember that a great number of attitudes toward race are residual effects of societal attitudes.

Brian May may praise Axl Rose, but as far as I know, he does not praise him for his racism, but for his... music maybe?

Calling a person a racial slur without the intent of slurring the race, i.e. it is simply the word most often used to refer to a particular race in a person's social climate, while still wrong and politically incorrect, cannot be viewed straightforwardly as racism. Roger corrected himself, and thus, I think he knew what he was doing, and that racial slurs are wrong.

Rado Gaga has absolutely nothing to do with Nazism. Any similarity to nazism in the video is a stretch.

Freddie, well Fred said whatever popped into his head at that moment. I think his sense of humor in that case was tasteless at best; but it's clear from his multitudinous other benevolent actions toward other races what his true feelings were.

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear Friends wrote:

man what kind of person r u one of those fucking tabloids trying to exploid things that dont fucking exist- get the hell out of here anyone with fucking eyes can see they are not racist! my god u r reading into things way too much. and the way u tlak about saying someone is black is so bad ur ridiculous- people in the Bronx curse out white people- call them "crackers" or wiggers which is a racial slang too! white people arent the only ones who are fucking racist! black people are too, and everyone says oh no they can say that because they're black- u dont see black people going around accusing eachother that they are racist because the said wigger or cracker- but if a white person says it UH OH WTF ARE U PART OF THE KKK?! no im not racist but i believe in equal treatment of people no matter their religion, race etc and the fact that if they even say the word black is said in a SONG a fictional STORY in music form they're forever considered racist by the people. Does anyone see this besides a 14 year old?! and going back or whatever ur full of shit end of story

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sorry for my language
once again think about that-
im someone who believes in equal treatment of everyone on Earth whether they are gay, black white, chinese whatever, religion ALL OF IT equal- equal punishment, treatment, rights. and this is ridiculous. God forbid if a white person says black because it can be taken the wrong way. but a black person be like whitty- wigger- cracker- stupid ass cracker and we wont say anything because they cant be racist, not true! we are all equal, we are all people living our lives!

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 21:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sorry Jaime, I speak Engish. Would somebody mind translating that. And Brian laughing along with Axl after a fan gets sit at in the face merely for being born with a certain pigmentation is dispicable and I'd be surprised if Brian doesn't have a KKK card in his wallet for times when He's want to see Axl or feels like go out for a night on the town and harass some little black school children. And just because Roger caught himself doesn't make it any better. The men simply wanted to complement his music and he has to go using slurs to describe them. That's tasteless. And I don't see what's funny about blacks (or n*****s in this case) shining shoes. Maybe a racist like you would find it funny but I don't. These guys are racist and only non racist can see that that. I' Might Just Obey Klansmen Instantly Now Gents.

Anyway the wind blows...

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear Friends wrote:

I'm sorry Jaime, I speak Engish. Would somebody mind translating that. And Brian laughing along with Axl after a fan gets sit at in the face merely for being born with a certain pigmentation is dispicable and I'd be surprised if Brian doesn't have a KKK card in his wallet for times when He's want to see Axl or feels like go out for a night on the town and harass some little black school children. And just because Roger caught himself doesn't make it any better. The men simply wanted to complement his music and he has to go using slurs to describe them. That's tasteless. And I don't see what's funny about blacks (or n*****s in this case) shining shoes. Maybe a racist like you would find it funny but I don't. These guys are racist and only non racist can see that that. I' Might Just Obey Klansmen Instantly Now Gents.

This thread is just absurd, and I pity people like you who believe this stuff. And to just come in here unannounced like that?!
How can you post such shit like this? Where did you come from? Who are you?! We need more background information on you!
It's unbelievable that someone can believe this. I can't believe people are raised to accept this shit. It IS the 21st century, isn't it?
Stop polluting this board with your filth!

Please, people. It's time to make a change. Let's speak out against crap posters like this. It's what Freddie would have wanted.
Or maybe we can just sit idly by as they spread their lies and heresay all over the board! The rumor mill will only start spinning faster!
Say what?! I won't take this lying down! No sir! We must rise up and take control - WE MUST TAKE CONTROL!
The time has come to reclaim our board!

I don't want to speak any more on the subject, because that would just add fuel to the fire.
So I'll leave you with this:

Let us cling together as the years go by
Oh my love, my love.
Let us cling together indeed.

TarHeelDDS2005 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 83 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 21:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I live in the south and have for most of my life and am offended by this crap. I am white and I attended an HBCU for college (a historically black college and university). My girlfriend is Indian. So I DON'T think this is funny. It seems whenever we as society take a step forward, some asshole like dear friends makes us take 2 steps back by falsifying stuff and stirring up the pot once more. If people like Dear Friends (whom I doubt is 'dear' and I can't see how he could have any friends besides Farakan and the Black Panthers) and Eric Dyson, the KKK didn't exist, imagine how nice of a society we could live in???

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 21:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In the darkness lies a band
That brings hatred to all the land

In a world made up of billions
Singing their racism to millions

Already have they brainwashed their "fans"

Juxtaposing their messages inbetween
Only a band this evil could be called Queen
Kill all minorities is their bait
Everybody is being filled with their hate

Anyway the wind blows...

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 22:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So?
Until you formally apologize, this thread will remain the dying place of all things decent and humane in this world.
Put on your brave face, friend, because you will never get out of this place alive. They're going to tear you to shreds.

Did you not weigh the consequences of posting such a thread as this? That people would read it and not get offended?
Even those who can normally take jokes should be offended by this vile, hateful crap you have spewed forward onto this site.
And another thing - I don't care who you are or what you say, people like you should be beaten on the streets within inches.
Regardless of your level of fandom!

For to joke about such a sensitive issue and not realize the true and full impact of such a statement is appalling.
Render your brain back to a normal, decent human being's state of mind, and you will realize just how stupid you sound.
It's not unusual, they say, to be able to step outside of your mind, but you have to be able to step back in.
Easier said than done, I hear you say. Well, in order to understand crap like this, you need to be aware of your surroundings.
Nevermind the logistics of the situation, but remember that ever person will get his or her. It's all about karma.
Didn't John Lennon say, "Instant Karma's gonna get you?" Well, we all shine on, that's for sure, but only some of us do.
Some of us will remain intolerant of society, and people like this deserve to not see another day.

Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 22:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is actually a pretty interesting point that you bring up. I don't know whether what you say is true, but it is a fact that Queen did play a concert for an all-white hotel in apartheid South Africa. They really got into a lot of trouble for this and I think that they were even blacklisted by the UN for this.

The most bizarre thing about the whole thing is that Freddie himself was not white but Parsee Indian. At the same time, I feel like Freddie definitely wanted to be white and so maybe playing at this concert helped him to feel white.
Because Freddie was not white, I can't really blame him for the whole incident, but it is terrible that the other would agree to it.

Posted: 02 Nov 05, 22:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

vivival wrote:

Dear Friends is absolutely right. They way they made black and white sides of the Queen II album is totally discusting and vulgar. In the studio, Queen never didn't do nothing but write hateful, rascist songs. On stage, all Queen did were mock the black culture. They are a band that truly promotes hatred and racism of all kinds.

Wow. Okay, you're caught-- Dear Friends and vivival are the same person! Flee from them, all QZ'ers! I should have known. The diction and style are nearly identical. The random slew of unsupported evidence. Please, I implore you all, let's not make this another "Freddie Mercury was not so great" post... a post which stayed on the board for months and got hundreds of replies. I repeat, Dear Friends and Vivival are the same person, or at least both conspiring to tear down this site and all loyal fans who realise that the value of music comes not from the lives and lifestyles of its artists, but from the art itself.