Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Did Freddie ever date a disabled person?

forum rss feed
Author

Fairy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 902 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Nov 05, 09:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

(edited)
Since I already got one ironic reply on this 5 minutes after I posted LOL, I'm just editing my question to ad that this is not intended to be ironic or intrusive in Freddie's life. Since I have a disability, I'm just curious to know whether Freddie ever had a disabled friend, or date one. I think it's just another interesting aspect of his life for me.

So pls no irony.

“If the house crumbles... I’ll just build it again”

King Freddie

http://miracleblog.queenzone.com/
Flashman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flashman
Deity: 4523 posts

Posted: 04 Nov 05, 09:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No he didn't. Not only, as we have recently discovered, was he intrinsically racist, he also thoroughly detested our handicapped friends. He had a particular aversion to those in wheelchairs, due to his allergic reaction to rubber.

This may also go some way to explaining his dislike for condoms, hence his untimely demise from AIDS.

For Christ's sake...

FLASHMAN STRIKES AGAIN!

Paul Rodgers is not the best thing since fried Fred.

Posted: 04 Nov 05, 09:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Flashman wrote:

No he didn't. Not only, as we have recently discovered, was he intrinsically racist, he also thoroughly detested our handicapped friends. He had a particular aversion to those in wheelchairs, due to his allergic reaction to rubber.

This may also go some way to explaining his dislike for condoms, hence his untimely demise from AIDS.

For Christ's sake...

My question was not ironic. I am disabled so I just wanted to know.
I don't know why this forum is so full of people bitching all the time about any post!

King Freddie

Flashman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flashman
Deity: 4523 posts

Posted: 04 Nov 05, 09:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Then I humbly apologise.

I believe Freddie's ethos was quite simple :- "If it has a hole, shag it."

Quite similar to mine, although personally I would add:- " unless it has an arse hairier than your own."

That's why I'm still here and Freddie, alas, is not.

FLASHMAN STRIKES AGAIN!

Paul Rodgers is not the best thing since fried Fred.
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 04 Nov 05, 10:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Flashman wrote:

Quite similar to mine, although personally I would add:- " unless it has an arse hairier than your own."

Hmm, count me out then :(

Posted: 04 Nov 05, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Flashman wrote:

Then I humbly apologise.

No problem. Maybe I should have explained the reason for my question more clearly in my original post...

I believe Freddie's ethos was quite simple :- "If it has a hole, shag it."

LOL! I wish everybody's attitude towards disabilities was like that!

King Freddie

flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1424 posts

Posted: 04 Nov 05, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hi fairy :))) i agree with you, you asked a perfectly good adult question but all you got was a pathetic attempt at comedy to which the sarcastic joke/reply went absolutley flat!!! :)

i too would of liked to know if freddie had friends or lovers with somekind of disability, it would be interesting to know a little bit more than we already know.

*hugs fairy* :)

oo la la

Posted: 04 Nov 05, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Flash00!!!!!!
Thanks so much for your support. I know, thecomment I got was very sarcastic...however my original post was very short so it wasn't clear if I was being serious or just being obsessed with Freddie's sexual and personal life. So I guess that's the reason for the ironic reply. I have edited my question above now, so that it is clear why I asked it. It's a bit personal, but I explained myself better because I don't want to sound obsessed or anything.

I'm glad you find it an interesting question. You know, I think the way one deals with the disabled is just one more way one can judge a person's sensitivity and intelligence. Since I love Freddie I was just curious to know. Freddie lived in the real world like all of us, and he must have had to deal with daily issues like this.

Love and XXXXXXXXX to you! :-)))

Fairy

King Freddie

kagezan1313 user not visiting Queenzone.com
kagezan1313
Bohemian: 940 posts

Posted: 04 Nov 05, 15:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not touching it afterall.

Thank you, God bless you, sweet dreams you lot of tarts, Good-bye!
Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts

Posted: 04 Nov 05, 23:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To Fairy,
I don't know about whether Freddie dated anyone with a disablilty, but I do that a large portion of his will was given over to some charity to help handicapped children. People actually criticized this, saying that he should have given his money to AIDS charities instead.

Posted: 05 Nov 05, 04:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=black>Dennis Daja<h6>QZs God wrote:

Well why would you care wether Freddie dated with disabled persons? I mean does that make disabled people better?

I mean I'm also not asking wether Freddie dated people with glasses am I?

I just don't get your point.

I think that knowing how rock stars deal with daily issues we all have to face can be very interesting. They're not just living in the surreal world of stardom. It's just one more aspect of him. Sometimes it's nice to focus on aspects that go beyond his sexual preference, how many men he fucked, how much cocaine he took, when he discovered he had AIDS, etc. They're all interesting issues, but this is too. It's a different dimension that nobody ever talks about, and I'm just curious.

loyal2freddie - that is interesting.

Fairy

King Freddie

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 05 Nov 05, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fairy wrote:

Well why would you care wether Freddie dated with disabled persons? I mean does that make disabled people better?

I mean I'm also not asking wether Freddie dated people with glasses am I?

I just don't get your point.

I think that knowing how rock stars deal with daily issues we all have to face can be very interesting. They're not just living in the surreal world of stardom. It's just one more aspect of him. Sometimes it's nice to focus on aspects that go beyond his sexual preference, how many men he fucked, how much cocaine he took, when he discovered he had AIDS, etc. They're all interesting issues, but this is too. It's a different dimension that nobody ever talks about, and I'm just curious.

loyal2freddie - that is interesting.

Fairy

He selected people not on being disabled or not but on love or not, when it's about love.

I mean if you want to know how Freddie's attitude towards disabled was, you'd better ask that. But dating them has nothing to do with it.

Great point and all that counts.

Fairy....Not trying to go off subject, but there are some very famous NON disabled celebrities who date or marry disabled persons.

Sir Paul McCartney married Heather Mills who is an amputee of one of her legs and wears a prosthetic leg.

Actor Ray Liotta had a long term affair with a paraplegic.

Both Macca and Ray Liotta fell in love with the women who were disabled...seeing past that and as previously stated by Denis Daja...loved these women for the people they are and their personalities, inner qualities. Macca and Liotta did not go looking intentionally saying to themselves, I think I will date or marry a disabled person.

Life is about chance and love. You fall in love with a person for who they are inside.

Whether they are disabled or not is like saying what race or religion they are. It should not matter one way or the other.

Gayle Reeve was married MANY years to Christopher Reeve BEFORE he was injured and became a quadraplegic, and she stayed faithful to him and contined to love him...because he was the same wonderful man she had been married to for so many years prior to his disability.

xyz

Posted: 06 Nov 05, 05:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I mean if you want to know how Freddie's attitude towards disabled was, you'd better ask that. But dating them has nothing to do with it.

OK maybe I should have stated my question differently, but I totally disagree that dating has nothing to do with it. I can assure you that it has.
I guess this is becoming too personal and off topic, however I can tell you by my own experience that many people (guys in my case) are very happy to be my friends but will not begin a love relationship with me because of the disability. Fortunately there are also guys who see it differently (including the guy I almost married LOL). So I don't mean to whine here, however I can't deny the truth.
People get discriminated about all sorts of stuff: race, religion, etc. And if I was discriminated for my race or religion maybe I would have asked a different question :-).

Arlene, I know about the people you mentioned, and this was just the things I was curious to know about Freddie. I didn't mean to start a discussion on discrimination. What you and Dennis say is very nice, but unfortunately it isn't always the reality.

Ps. Of course I don't think by any means that if someone never dated a disabled person is not a good person!!!!! They might simply never have met one, or never liked one.

King Freddie

Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 06 Nov 05, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just a quick side note to Arlene. The late Christopher Reeve's wife is Dana, not Gayle.

:-)

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

Posted: 06 Nov 05, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are there actually people who select their loves on bein disabeld or not?

Dennis, do you live in Wonderland? I answered this already in my previous post. For some people it makes no diffeence, but for others it surely does.
Dennis I love the way you see things, and I know many people who think like you. It was not my intention to open a discussion on discrimination and stuff, nor to complain about anything. But if you ask me whether everybody thinks like you, out of my own experience I can tell you that no, not everybody does.

Knowing Freddie had disabled friends would make me happy? Yes, why not?

King Freddie