Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Brian May Band, Point Theatre Dublin 1993

forum rss feed
Author

katman user not visiting Queenzone.com
aka 'stevedore'
katman
Rocker: 45 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Nov 05, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have this recording to trade, if anyone's interested - beginning of the show is missing (starts with acoustic section) - as far as I can tell, this is the only version available. The quality is not the greatest, but a nice souvenier for anyone who was in The Point on that stormy night (the place was far from full). I'm looking for the Slane Castle video (with colour), as close to the source as possible. I also have the Slane gig in Audio, almost complete (i.e. the usual missing bits everyone talks about). I can make copies straight from the old cassettes, either onto audio cd or as files (wav or aiff).

Ale_Pisa user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ale_Pisa
Bohemian: 902 posts

Posted: 10 Nov 05, 19:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Contact me with your list at alessandro.carugini@libero.it

Cheers
Ale

Sorry for my english! :(
QueenCollector user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 56 posts

Posted: 10 Nov 05, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just have only 30 minutes of this show (08 Dec. 1993).

How much is longer yours?

katman user not visiting Queenzone.com
aka 'stevedore'
katman
Rocker: 45 posts

Posted: 10 Nov 05, 20:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a bit less than 90 mins. - starts with a soundcheck on-the-fly, an acoustic snippet of 'Macushla' ('Mo Cusla'), a kind of Irish song, then into Love of My Life, and the usual set until the end. They never played Driven By You that night, which surprised me at the time. Teo Torriate was great !

riku_queencdr user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 168 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 02:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Stephen, I have the Slane Castle '86 video (on DVD) in full colour. It's of course not EX but the best version I have came a cross so far and I have collected for many years.
Please send me an email. I would be interested in your Dublin 86 audio. It might be lower gen than my current copy.
Thanks!

lepakkomies@hotmail.com