Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > New U.S. Tour!!!

forum rss feed
Author

Mr. Mercury 1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 101 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Nov 05, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds like they're really close to agreeing to a further tour of the States!!! I saw them in Jersey, but was praying for more!!!

http://www.brianmay.com/whatsnew.html

"Well, enough of this. It makes me very happy that our music has been a positive force in your life. Long may it continue, and thanks for being an ally in the USA. At this moment we are close to committing to a further tour of the USA, in the Spring, so I hope we will see you out there."

Spread your wings and fly away...
AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts

Posted: 10 Nov 05, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's pretty clearly going to happen. I just want to see the dates so I can start planning my trek. I hope to make at least 3 shows, preferably 4 or 5.

goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 10 Nov 05, 21:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh no...this is gonna cost me so much money :)

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 10 Nov 05, 23:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

goinback wrote:

Oh yeah...once in a life time opportunity..sacrifices must be made, children sold, credit cards maxed, mortgage the house (LOL). Seriously- having done several QPR shows between flying to the UK and doing NJ/LA..it takes a lot of planning, stamina and cash. It's easy to get around from gig to gig in the UK seeing it's about the size of Illinois- but city to city in the US?? Hopefully there will not be too much lag time between shows...the lag time blows the vacation time..If they do a NE/midwest leg..and just move along 1-90,I-80-I-94 that would be ideal, managable and drivable. If they skip around..that mean planes to get there to arrive fresh and then hotels (need rest).

I still believe that we are going to see the same cities/time lag that Brian did on his 93 fall solo tour. With boston added on since I believe he only was in Beantown in March'93 on theGuns tour. I want to see the dates ASAP to start planning as many as I can fit in without getting fired from my job..which I desperately need to pay for my daughters college and this expensive hobby!!

Mr. Mercury 1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 101 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 08:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The '93 Guns tour was incredible. I saw it in Portland, Maine. Bri came out and said something like: "Most of you probably don't know who the f%ck I am, but I used to be in this LITTLE band called Queen." Of course the crowd roared and we went on to have a great show....

Spread your wings and fly away...
kansas666 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 60 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 09:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Def Leppard on Rockline the other night said that they will be the opening act for the upcoming Queen + Paul Rodgers tour in America.

Dave
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

psteeler wrote:

The '93 Guns tour was incredible. I saw it in Portland, Maine. Bri came out and said something like: "Most of you probably don't know who the f%ck I am, but I used to be in this LITTLE band called Queen." Of course the crowd roared and we

LOL! That is awesome!!

ComplianceQueen, don't forget I-75 too!!!! :)

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 09:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kansas666 wrote:

Def Leppard on Rockline the other night said that they will be the opening act for the upcoming Queen + Paul Rodgers tour in America.

NO WAY!!! Are you serious??? That would be freaking awesome!!!

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 09:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kansas666 wrote:

Now how did that get by everybody??

Blow it out your ass.
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ray D O'Gaga wrote:

kansas666 wrote:

Now how did that get by everybody??

Is this a joke??

*3*Playful as a pussycat user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 590 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yay! i hope they do! that was honestly the best experience of my life and i hope to relive it again...only with better seats ;)

Freddie Mercury is my sexi moon lobster

"Mis francais est la meme que before. C'est un peu crap"-Brian May

"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear!" -Freddie Mercury
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kansas666 wrote:

I really hope that is not true.

Sportzfan76 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sportzfan76
Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Compliance Queen wrote:

goinback wrote:

I still believe that we are going to see the same cities/time lag that Brian did on his 93 fall solo tour. With boston added on since I believe he only was in Beantown in March'93 on theGuns tour. I want to see the dates ASAP to start planning as many as I can fit in without getting fired from my job..which I desperately need to pay for my daughters college and this expensive hobby!!

Brian also performed in Providence (about 1 hr south of Boston). He played at the Strand Theater and this show was rescheduled from an earlier date because of logistic problems fitting his equipment/light show into a smaller venue. Brian headlined...I forget the name of the opening act (senior moment, lol).

Rock & Roll just pays the bills...Only football gives us thrills.
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

kansas666 wrote:

NO WAY!!! Are you serious??? That would be freaking awesome!!!

If true, that would totally kick ass.

Although I think promoters would rather bill the tour Queen + Paul Rodgers / Def Leppard.

I don't think they'd leave Def Leppard as just another opening band not even shown on the bill.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Erin

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 12:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think it would be awesome. There would be higher ticket prices and competition for good seats with Def Lep fans. I'm hoping it's not true..

drwinston user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 153 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kansas666 wrote:

Count me as one that hopes it's not true - does nothing for me, but it drives up ticket prices.

Shay user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 315 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kansas666 wrote:

The Def Leppard show that aired Wednesday night on Rockline was a special encore (in other words, repeat) from the one that aired in May 2005.

Erin

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 13:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ahh..thanks, Shay!

Whatinthewhatthe? user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2210 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd LOVE to see The Darkness open for Q+PR! Talk about fun!

AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 14:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WHAT!?!?!?!!!????!!?!?!!!?! HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

If that's true I am going to shit my pants!! My two favorite bands on tour together? HOLY FUCKING HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!