Forums > Personal > For anyone who can translate Italian...

forum rss feed
Author

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Could someone please translate the following short article for me? Please and thanks in advance.


18 Settembre 1993
Cowdray Ruins Concert 1993, Cowdray Castle, Midhurst, East Sussex, Inghilterra.
Run Like Hell. Wish You Were Here. Comfortably Numb.
Spettacolo di beneficenza con un cast di celebrità, sponsorizzato da Virgin Radio per raccogliere 200.000 sterline a favore dell'ospedale del Midhurst King Edward VII. Fù una manifestazione di carattere esclusivo, fuori portata per gli abituali fans della band: il prezzo del biglietto era di 140 sterline per l'area centrale e 80 per le zone più lontane. Il concerto si aprì con un'esibizione dei Queen, composti per l'occasione da Roger Taylor (voce solista), John Deacon (basso), Tim Renwick (chitarra) e Gary Wallis (batteria). Quindi fù la volta dei Genesis, formati da Phil Collins (voce solista), Mike Rutherford (basso), Tony Banks (tastiere), Tim Renwick (chitarra) , e Gary Wallis e Roger Taylor (batteria). L'esibizione dei Pink Floyd fù caratterizzata (la scaletta era più o meno quella solita) dalla partecipazione straordinaria di Mike Rutherford (basso). Paul Young dei Mike & The Mechanics (voce in Run Like Hell), Tim Renwick (chitarra) e Gary Wallis (batteria). Nick Mason si sedette dietro la batteria di Roger Taylor, con il celebre emblema dei Queen sul tamburo. L'ultima attrazione fù Eric Clapton alla chitarra, per due bis in compagnia di Gilmour, Taylor, Young, Collins e Renwick.

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you need an EXACT translation or would a more global translation be sufficient enough?

@ndy38 user not visiting Queenzone.com
@ndy38
Royalty: 1490 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 11:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thats what i was wondering........ my Italian isn't good enough for a direct translation lol


Crazy Little Thing Called Love....
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 11:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.

Beneficial live spectacle with a cast of celebreties, sponsored by Virgin Radio, to collect 200.000 pounds in favour of the Kind Edward VIII Hospital in Midhurst.
It's a very exlusive event but not accessable for most average fans of perfomring bands: prices of the tickets are 140 pounds for centre allocation and 80 pounds for places further from the stage.
The concert sees an appearance by Queen, for this occasion fronted by Roger Taylor (leadvocals), John Deacon (bass), Tim Renwick (guitar) e Gary Wallis (drums).
Then there is Genesis, with Phil Collins (leadvocal), Mike Rutherford (bass), Tony Banks (keyboards), Tim Renwick (guitar) , e Gary Wallis and Roger Taylor (drums).
Pink Floyd's appearance is maybe even more unique because of special participation by
Mike Rutherford (bass). Paul Young of Mike & The Mechanics (voice on Run Like Hell), Tim Renwick (guitar) and Gary Wallis (drums). For the show Nick Mason used Roger Taylor's drumkit with the famous Queen-logo on the bassdrum.
Main attraction (headliner) is Eric Clapton on guitar, accompanied by Gilmour, Taylor, Young, Collins e Renwick.

Not EXACT, but pretty decent, I'd say ;-)

TheOpposition. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 84 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah I remember harg about this a few years back, are there any video's, or even photos?

Particularly interesting since John was involved.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 22:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jeroen wrote:

Do you need an EXACT translation or would a more global translation be sufficient enough?


Exact would be nice

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 22:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the almost exact translation!

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Nov 05, 22:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TheOpposition. wrote:

Yeah I remember harg about this a few years back, are there any video's, or even photos?

Particularly interesting since John was involved.


I remember seeing a picture of John with pretty long hair (not short at all) standing near a microphone, which I think came out of a (late?) 1993 Queen Fan Club Magazine issue.

AC user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1838 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Nov 05, 04:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jeroen wrote:



Beneficial live spectacle with a cast of celebreties, sponsored by Virgin Radio, to collect 200.000 pounds in favour of the Kind Edward VIII Hospital in Midhurst.
It's a very exclusive event, not accessable for most average fans of the performing bands: prices of the tickets are 140 pounds for centre allocation and 80 pounds for places further from the stage.
The concert STARTED WITH an appearance by Queen, for this occasion fronted by Roger Taylor (leadvocals), John Deacon (bass), Tim Renwick (guitar) e Gary Wallis (drums).
Then there WAS Genesis, with Phil Collins (leadvocal), Mike Rutherford (bass), Tony Banks (keyboards), Tim Renwick (guitar) , e Gary Wallis and Roger Taylor (drums).
Pink Floyd's appearance WAS maybe even more unique (EVEN WITH AN USUAL SETLIST) because of special participation by
Mike Rutherford (bass), Paul Young of Mike & The Mechanics (voice on Run Like Hell), Tim Renwick (guitar) and Gary Wallis (drums). For the show Nick Mason used Roger Taylor's drumkit with the famous Queen-logo on the bassdrum.
LAST attraction WAS Eric Clapton on guitar, FOR TWO "ENCORES" accompanied by Gilmour, Taylor, Young, Collins e Renwick.

Not EXACT, but pretty decent, I'd say ;-)


Your translation is not decent, Jeroen, it is almost perfect. I had to make just a few corections to make it be exact. And I hope my translation is exact...


That time will come, one day you'll see that i'll be dead and you will laugh!
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Nov 05, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AC wrote:

jeroen wrote:



Beneficial live spectacle with a cast of celebreties, sponsored by Virgin Radio, to collect 200.000 pounds in favour of the Kind Edward VIII Hospital in Midhurst.
It's a very exclusive event, not accessable for most average fans of the performing bands: prices of the tickets are 140 pounds for centre allocation and 80 pounds for places further from the stage.
The concert STARTED WITH an appearance by Queen, for this occasion fronted by Roger Taylor (leadvocals), John Deacon (bass), Tim Renwick (guitar) e Gary Wallis (drums).
Then there WAS Genesis, with Phil Collins (leadvocal), Mike Rutherford (bass), Tony Banks (keyboards), Tim Renwick (guitar) , e Gary Wallis and Roger Taylor (drums).
Pink Floyd's appearance WAS maybe even more unique (EVEN WITH AN USUAL SETLIST) because of special participation by
Mike Rutherford (bass), Paul Young of Mike & The Mechanics (voice on Run Like Hell), Tim Renwick (guitar) and Gary Wallis (drums). For the show Nick Mason used Roger Taylor's drumkit with the famous Queen-logo on the bassdrum.
LAST attraction WAS Eric Clapton on guitar, FOR TWO "ENCORES" accompanied by Gilmour, Taylor, Young, Collins e Renwick.

Not EXACT, but pretty decent, I'd say ;-)


Your translation is not decent, Jeroen, it is almost perfect. I had to make just a few corections to make it be exact. And I hope my translation is exact...

Thank you very much AC!

Those words coming from an Italian gives me faith that my Italian is still gettting better ;-)

Tences of the verbs are still a problem, I see :-)))



TheOpposition. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 84 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Nov 05, 07:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.queencollector.com/FanMags/spr94.jpg

I rekon thats one. Odd that theers no other pics though.

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Nov 05, 07:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At first I thought so too, but if you see the pictures that definately are from that gig, you'll see that John's hair is even LONGER and more greyish! ;-)

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Nov 05, 08:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes!
Those are the ones, Barry! ;-)

The second one is in the fanclub mag.

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Nov 05, 18:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THAT's the exact pic I was thinking of, Oppo!
Thanks so much!