Forums > Queen - General Discussion > 50 CENT RUINS QUEEN SONGS!!

forum rss feed
Author

J\ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Nov 05, 23:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

is this really true that 50 cent has released an album of queen's greatest hits and rapped all over it??? this is disgusting! i think it should be boycotted..what do you think?

Dear Friends user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 86 posts

Posted: 17 Nov 05, 23:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You could have just replied in my topic >_>

Anyway the wind blows...
Nuno_Gomes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 29 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 00:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

eeeeeediot

Whattap, I love soccer and play it everyday and love chillin with friends and being cool
J\ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 02:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oops sorry i was to outraged to look around

DragonOnMyBack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 367 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 05:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A quick search of google reveals, the results :

http://www.q-unit.net/

GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 07:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, first off, 50 Cent himself has done nothing.

Some people have taken his vox and put them over some Queen songs, and mixed them a bit. A someone who has the mental capacity to like more music than Queen, I can say that it's actually quite good. Maybe not as impressive as the Grey Album (Jay-Z's Black Album mixed with the Beatles White Album), but it's still pretty good, in my opinion.

But I expect to get shouted at for saying all of the that!

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, most of the remixed songs blow. Even worse is the "Boom Boom Clap" song. Could they plagarise WWRY any better? Last, listen to that song by something like Weeser, the backround sounds like WWRY-Fast. Where the hell do they get off on that?

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 10:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some people do not seem to understand the concept of some of these things.

They do not make this music with the intention of ripping it off and pissing people off etc. They do is becuase they want to, becuase they like it. Sometimes they do stuff because they are fans, or becuase they want to pay tribute, or simply becuase they like the sound of it.

Some of you need to get over it.

mystic_rhythms user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 10:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree, some people just don't get it.

First off, it's not like 50 Cent intentionally did these songs. As it was said earlier, people mixed his songs with classic Queen tracks. However the idea does sound a bit...gruesome :p

Second, The Weezer song you're probably talking about is "Beverly Hills", from their latest album Make Believe.
Yes, it does have the classic "boom boom clap" beat, but they intentionally wanted it to have that sound. I read in an interview with lead singer Rivers Cuomo that they were advised by legendary producer Rick Rubin to come up with a WWRY kind of beat for one of their songs on their latest album. Sure enough, it was this song.

So technically, they're not ripping off Queen just by emulating the classic WWRY beat. Now if they sampled it in some crappy song, then yes, that would be ripping off Queen.

We can only grow the way the wind blows

On a bare and weathered shore

We can only bow to the here and now

In our elemental war

- Rush, "The Way The Wind Blows"

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

3 words man, Ice Ice Baby

OgreBattleField1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
OgreBattleField1980
Bohemian: 503 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Of Wrestling wrote:

Yeah, most of the remixed songs blow. Even worse is the "Boom Boom Clap" song. Could they plagarise WWRY any better? Last, listen to that song by something like Weeser, the backround sounds like WWRY-Fast. Where the hell do they get off on that?

If anything I believe Weezer should be left out of this discussion. Here's why: The "Boom Boom Clap" song you mention , also named Beverly Hills has a beat that tho similar sounding to We Will Rock You is extremely different at the same time. There is an extra clap sound and its slightly off tempo. Did they copy em , I don't think so. I believe this was a mere coincidence and not meant for anyone to have taken offence to. If anything the whole album "make believe" has very signifigant tributes to Queen in many various ways I think you guys should listen more closely. Just the style and chemistry these guys have alone is enough to make me shiver just as much as Queen does. So ya ... putting Weezer in a topic with 50 cent ruining Queen songs to me is a definate no no. And for another person who ruined Queen songs see also: Vanilla Ice.

Ogre Battle Lives FOREVER MORE!

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 16:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The "Boom Boom Clap" song is a rap song by god knows who but it literally says "Boom Boom Clap" as the lyrics. All of these people need to come up with their own shit and stop leeching off of Queen.

newcastle 86! 16483 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 18:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

crazy little pimp called love is absolute class!!!!

martinjkstones
Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 22:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought that it was quite good. The biggest mistake with sampling is usually that too much of the original song is used. But they used just the right amounts of short clips here and a lot of them were pretty good. "crazy Little Pimp Called Love" was really funny as well. I think that I liked the "Another One Bites the Dust" mix the most though.

thesilencexperiment user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 05, 03:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This conversation is just too funny to not comment on.

I am the guy that remixed the Q-Unit album. Yes, it is true. Now before you go and think this is not the guy, and just some random guy, if you want proof, email me at the address on www.q-unit.net saying you don't think its me, and i'll reply, its me.

Just wanted to point out a few things, since everyone is jumping to conclusions in here. First of all, I love Queen...in fact, i think they were the first artist i owned a cassette tape of. So, in no way am i trying to "ruin" Queen's music. I've loved their music for a very long time. And i think i did an ok job on mentioning that in the fact that i mentioned their name being a part of the project.

As for why i did this, more or less just for fun i suppose. I wasn't trying to piss anyone off, infact i thought i did an ok job on bringing out Queens musical talent. Maybe if you are a person that isn't in to rap music, i can see you thinking this is disgusting. And thats not a problem, but that doesn't mean i "ruined" anything. I think i would use the word "recycled" instead. Not that Queen needs to be thrown out or anything, but now a bunch of new people that havn't been exposed to their music may become interested in it and want the original songs. Unless you guys in here that detest Q-Unit just want Queen to yourselves???

In my point of view, if anything, sampling just keeps artists that may be lost in the void of time exposed to fresh faces.

You don't have to like it, I'm certainly not making any money off of it (if anything, losing money because i'm paying for the server). I just did it for fun and really didn't imagine it getting as much exposure as it did.

And for those of you who havn't heard it yet and are just disgusted with the idea....download it, give it a shot, you may like it.

I'll prob check back in with this board soon, so those of you who want to ask me a direct question in here, or just talk crap to me, i can answer your every question and comment! :)

Oh yea, and thanks GreatKingSam, newcastle 86! and loyal2freddie for the support...always helps!

-jimmy from the silence xperiment

oh yea, and i got reviewed and interviewed on http://music.ign.com

Posted: 19 Nov 05, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thesilencexperiment wrote:

This conversation is just too funny to not comment on.

I am the guy that remixed the Q-Unit album. Yes, it is true. Now before you go and think this is not the guy, and just some random guy, if you want proof, email me at the address on www.q-unit.net saying you don't think its me, and i'll reply, its me.

Just wanted to point out a few things, since everyone is jumping to conclusions in here. First of all, I love Queen...in fact, i think they were the first artist i owned a cassette tape of. So, in no way am i trying to "ruin" Queen's music. I've loved their music for a very long time. And i think i did an ok job on mentioning that in the fact that i mentioned their name being a part of the project.

As for why i did this, more or less just for fun i suppose. I wasn't trying to piss anyone off, infact i thought i did an ok job on bringing out Queens musical talent. Maybe if you are a person that isn't in to rap music, i can see you thinking this is disgusting. And thats not a problem, but that doesn't mean i "ruined" anything. I think i would use the word "recycled" instead. Not that Queen needs to be thrown out or anything, but now a bunch of new people that havn't been exposed to their music may become interested in it and want the original songs. Unless you guys in here that detest Q-Unit just want Queen to yourselves???

In my point of view, if anything, sampling just keeps artists that may be lost in the void of time exposed to fresh faces.

You don't have to like it, I'm certainly not making any money off of it (if anything, losing money because i'm paying for the server). I just did it for fun and really didn't imagine it getting as much exposure as it did.

And for those of you who havn't heard it yet and are just disgusted with the idea....download it, give it a shot, you may like it.

I'll prob check back in with this board soon, so those of you who want to ask me a direct question in here, or just talk crap to me, i can answer your every question and comment! :)

Oh yea, and thanks GreatKingSam, newcastle 86! and loyal2freddie for the support...always helps!

-jimmy from the silence xperiment

oh yea, and i got reviewed and interviewed on http://music.ign.com

YOUR MUSIC SUCKS YOU STUPID FUCK! LEAVE A DECENT BAND LIKE QUEEN WHO ACTUALLY WRITES THEIR OWN MUSIC ALONE! CANT YOU DO ANYTHING BY YOURSELVES? 50 CENT FUCKING SUCKS, ALMOST ALL RAP SUCKS! DO SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF AND LEAVE QUEEN OUT OF IT YOU PIG-FUCKER!

Suigi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 856 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 05, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Calm down, have some dip.
TSE, I haven't yet listened to your stuff, but I think what you're doing, trying to wedge Queen music into the American music psyche, is brilliant.
Ditto for A Night At The Hip Hopera by the Kleptones.
When done well, it kicks ass.
My kudos to you.

HE ROCKS US STILL.

Proud Supporter of the Queen Lives Compilation

Posted: 19 Nov 05, 22:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YOU TOOK SONGS THAT WE HOLD SACRED AND FUCKED THEM UP SO THEY WOULD FIT YOUR "HIP-HOP" BULLSHIT. THE TITLE OF THIS FORUM IS EXACT YOU ARE TRYING TO RUIN QUEEN'S MUSIC. IN CASE YOU DONT REMEMBER, THEY TRIED TO DO HIP-HOP ONCE AND IT WAS A DISASTER CALLED "HOT SPACE". FREDDIE MERCURY IS TURNING IN HIS FUCKING GRAVE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE YOU WANTED TO GET YOUR SHITS AND GIGGLES BY ATTACKING QUEEN AT A PERSONAL LEVEL I HOPE YOU GET THE LIVING SHIT SUED OUT OF YOU FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT YOU PIG-FUCKER!

rove user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 05, 00:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i am soo mad i can barely put a the words together to say why. Basically I hate rap and Hip Hop, it is destroying rock. But original rap and hip hop i can cope with, they are different people to me and like different music and i can accept that. when they steal other peoples songs and rap over the top of them, i get really mad.

IMO covers in general are not a great idea. a cover should only be made if you want to pay tribute to that song or artist or if you think you can make a better version of it (most attempts to do this turn out horrible, althought 'Knocking On Heavins Door by GNR is an example of a good cover"). But these are not even covers we are talking about! these are stolen background music rapped over! if they are too lazy to think of their own songs then they shouldn't make any songs.

recently the i was almost sick when i heard the riff to back in black on the radio, rapped over. Then I heard a hip hop song with the chorus stolen from U2s I still haven't found what i'm looking for. and now they've got to queen, i am dissapointed to say the least.

im growing my hair like Brian May...
Freddie May user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 221 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 05, 05:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When people say queenfans are narrowminded I think I have to agree...