Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > A Night at the Opera - 30th Anniversary Preview

forum rss feed
Author

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.queenonline.com/ANATO_Sampler/ANATO_sampler.htm

Wow what amazing seaside footage *yawn*

Good Company footage = "Can't believe I am paying for this"

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How'd you like that sexy pic of John lying on the ground on the LOASA clip? ;-D

on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 15:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I got my copy of this new release and watched it and it isn't that bad.The audio-commentary is interesting and the clips with archivefootage are nice to watch aswell IMHO.The package is really beautiful,as is the booklet.The soundquality is fantastic!As brian says:best produced ANATO ever.

on my way up
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 15:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Audio commentary?

Has that been previously announced or am I just too blind to read?

DJ's the man we love the most
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Damn what a Piece of Crap.

Death on Two Legs is OK, The idea is alright, but some pieces just don't match. When Brian is playing certain bits it doesn't match with the music

Lazing is just rediculous.

In love with my Car is Cool, but again the live playing doesn't match the music

You're my Best Friend is the original clip, and it's great

'39 is very good! It mixes bits from ROTC and original Queen performances with Freddie.

Sweet Lady, same as DOTL

Seaside Rendezvous. Just footage of sea's, crowds and other bits of crap. Damn what are they thinking!

Prophets Song. A photo collage. So it sucks.

Love of my Life, a badly edited live video

Good Company, a clip with black and white footage of families and kids

Borhap, the original clip

Comments: What a waste of money, If you don't like the Picture Gallery on previous dvd's you really don't want to spend money on this piece of crap. What are the guys thinking, are they really getting old and demented?

Don't get me wrong, I like Queen and I love their music. But recent idea's of releases (this DVD, live dvd without any extra's, Platinum Collections, strange collaboratiosn with boybands, teenstars) are just strange.

Why can't we just get cool stuff

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Lord Fickle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1421 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

on my way up wrote:

As brian says:best produced ANATO ever.

...until the next one.

Remember to deliver with the speed of light

A little bit of love and joy
Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Both Zeni. Both.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken<br><font size=1>The Almighty</font> wrote:

Why can't we just get cool stuff

I have to agree. There must be enough 'cool stuff' in the can which could be released. This is just a blatant cash in (what? QPL?? Never!), and is a piss take to real fans who collect all releases.

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shhhh, Bohardy, let's just keep that between the two of us. I have an imagine to uphold.

DJ's the man we love the most
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 16:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a pile of shit.

Everyone over at QOL is creaming their jeans, but this... this must be one of the most pointless releases ever. Obviously, some of the clips aren't gonna line up with each other, but this seems like a really terrible DoRo cut-and-paste job, especially on 'Death' and 'Car'. Terrible, terrible, terrible. I know I won't be wasting $25 or however much it costs to purchase this pile of crap.

Fuck Queen Productions.

Roy ® user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 597 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to say, the video quality of Hyde Park, Earls Court and Houston is really good in my opinion. Let the release that instead of a photo collage and some black and white footage what has nothing to do with Queen.

Gordie Howe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 368 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shit im gonna pick that up

Well here's my counter-offer... do I have to kill you? What if I were just to kick the ever loving shit out of you?
kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well you guys cant make me feel bad fpr wanting to buy this. If I can afford putting the money aside in my budget I'll get it. I don't have the other dvd-a a night at the opera.

Mercuryworks user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 757 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 21:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a pile of shit. First of all this is ANOTHER Doro piece of shit cut and paste which even most Queenzoners can do a better job on. Second what UNORIGINAL ideas for the videos I mean black and white bullshit. Come on. QPL are laughing their asses off and rubbing the Queen name right in the dirt by giving this project to the "amazing" Torpedo twins. I mean when I was ten years old I could cut and paste like that. This is shit and I last week order the FUCKIN thing.

If I was in charge of this project It would be a DVD-A as Disc 1. Disc 2 shouldve had demos, it should have had 10 takes of fucking Bo Rhap and 10 of others to. And they also should have released a "A Night At The Opera" concert (video, cause you know they have one) with all the old ANATO videos as special features with the band talking in a audio commentary.

I mean that is my idea. You very well know Greg is laughing cause he is the only one with access to the Queen vaults. That is very fucking selfish and reading some of his old posts he is.

But it is all good, because at least I am a Beatles fans and their treats pays for Queen's shit.

And by the way, an excellent video for DoTL couldve been Greg in his underwear and socks playing with all the Queen stuff and close ups on his mouth laughing or maybe not Greg everyone at QPL including Brian Roger and John who are each fucking us so hard in the ass that we bleed. Freddie must be red hot pissed right now.

<blank>
Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 05, 21:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mercuryworks wrote:

And by the way, an excellent video for DoTL couldve been Greg in his underwear and socks playing with all the Queen stuff and close ups on his mouth laughing or maybe not Greg everyone at QPL including Brian Roger and John who are each fucking us so hard in the ass that we bleed. Freddie must be red hot pissed right now.

Abso-fucking-lutely hilarious.

Blow it out your ass.
motbq user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 49 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 05, 01:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This band has turned to shit ever since freddie died. It's sad what has happened to this great band. Freddie where are you?...cos the queen machine are lost without you.

Posted: 19 Nov 05, 06:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I tend to agree that the band should have finished after Freddie died, with the execption of NOBY, which, in an ideal world, should have been included on the MIH album. My opinion is that all the time the band is still limping on, all we are going to get are these shitty rip-off releases, which QPL know we are all mugs enough to keep buying. Why turn out two DVD-As of the same bloody album, when there are still all the other albums to remix for 5.1?

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 05, 06:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I actually think that the cut & pasting of mixed footage has improved a great deal since DoRo stopped doing it, but if you want to use inaccurate informatin to criticise this, go ahead...

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 05, 07:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ROTC bits?

Most annoying thing for me is these ROTC bits... I'm not a kinda BPP guy, but WTF? What a need to mix NATO with these current Q+PR things?! I hated when they've put the musical name on any new release and now there's the same story with Q+PR.

teddybear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 140 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 05, 07:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

ROTC bits?

Most annoying thing for me is these ROTC bits... I'm not a kinda BPP guy, but WTF? What a need to mix NATO with these current Q+PR things?! I hated when they've put the musical name on any new release and now there's the same story with Q+PR.

I have not seen the new DVD yet - but have ordered it. But if this is true that ROTC stuff is on it, I feel it does NOT belong on there as ANATO is a QUEEN (as in Freddie, Rog, Bri & John collaboration) - NOT Paul Rogers. New footage does NOT belong on this ,unless it is with the REAL QUEEN FULL BAND members surely??????