Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > NEW QUEEN DVD ALMOST CONFIRMED!!!

forum rss feed
Author

TarHeelDDS2005 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 83 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Nov 05, 19:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of new DVD releases.....I have a cousin at Hollywood Records and he happened to sit in on a meeting because his supervisor wasn't able to make it, so he had to represent him. Anyway there was a discussion about new releases for some of their artists. He said that Breaking Benjamin, Jesse McCartney and Queen were among the bands/artists discussed. Apparently they were debating if they wanted to release a particular concert of Queen's. They were debating whether to follow suit with Parlophone and release theconcert that they wanted to (they had to agree). He said that footage was shown from 2 concerts. He isn't a big Queen fan, so wasn't too sure, but he knew I was, so he tried to pay a little attention. He said one concert was a show were Freddie had a mustache and had on a white coat and he remembers a helicopter in the footage (I'm guessing Knebworth). And then the other concert was Houston - he was sure of it! He told me that they were discussing the fact that Parolophone wanted to release the non-Houston one (Kneb) and that Hollywood Records wanted to release Houston and that if the 2 didn't jive then, it would be the holiday season of 2007 before one or the other would be released. He said that if they couldn't agree, then more Q+PR stuff would be released next year, or nothing. Now that is a load of crap! Why can't the 2 record companies come together, agree, and get out some material? Maybe we should petition the 2 to release Houston '77! What do you guys think?

kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 05, 21:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I believe you and I think its stupid to even think of releasing knebworth when wembley exist and no 70 shows has been released on dvd. Obviously those suits are brain dead and please tell your cousin I said that. It would make more sense to release Houston. I'm not saying Knebworth shouldnt be released but definitely not before Houston or any show from the Crazy Tour and earlier.

Count_Pipe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 05, 22:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aniway..

One thing is a Queen DvD ... Another is the Queen DvD Coleccion.

I Know and I Hope that the Next "Queen DvD Coleccion" will be the Greatest Video Hits 3.

Because the DvD Coleccion is something like this:

* Greatest Video Hits 1 ... 2002
* Live at the Wembley Stadium ... 2003
* Greatest Video Hits 2 ... 2003
* Live at the Bowl ... 2004
* Greatest Video Hits 3 ... 2005 (December maybe)
* Another Concert maybe ... 2006

And release a Queen DvD whit Knebworth is not much problem if is Not the "dvd coleccion" ... And is the Last Gig of Queen whit Freddie so I Thing is gone to be Good release in DvD for All the Fans.

Sorry for my Terrible English xD ..!

Bye ;) ..!

ibanez122 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 302 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 03:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kdj2hot wrote:

I believe you and I think its stupid to even think of releasing knebworth when wembley exist and no 70 shows has been released on dvd. Obviously those suits are brain dead and please tell your cousin I said that. It would make more sense to release Houston. I'm not saying Knebworth shouldnt be released but definitely not before Houston or any show from the Crazy Tour and earlier.

+1 to that. Ive stated before on here thats it pointless to release Knebworth or even Budapest since Wembley was released 2 years ago i believe. As you said, someday one of those should see the light of day. Houston would be good.....but Hammersmith 79 = better

J\ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 03:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Houston all the way i say!

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 03:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ibanez122 wrote:

Ive stated before on here thats it pointless to release Knebworth or even Budapest since Wembley was released 2 years ago i believe.

Pointless? Not for QP! ;)

Ray D O'Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Get down, make love
Ray D O'Gaga
Royalty: 1259 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 09:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Count_Pipe wrote:

* Greatest Video Hits 3 ... 2005 (December maybe)

I hope nobody's holding their breath on this one.

Blow it out your ass.
Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So, that means that footage exists from the Knebworth show, or is this just another make up topic?- Really, i don`t know what to believe anymore!

But, for me as a fan i allways thought that the Knebworth show was special for all the reasons we know, and because it was a great performance by the band. It would make sense to release it next year to comemorate the 20 years of the last gig with Freddie.

Take care

All Star user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 201 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 09:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nah it's not Knebworth. I think your refering to Budapest - Freddie wear's the white jacket on this one and i seem to remember clips of them flying into Budapest by helicopter.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 10:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All Star wrote:

Nah it's not Knebworth. I think your refering to Budapest - Freddie wear's the white jacket on this one and i seem to remember clips of them flying into Budapest by helicopter.

Your memory is bad. They came to Budapest down the Danube by the Gorbachev's hydrofoil.

KevMull user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 672 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the time QP or any of their affiliates release anything decent agin on DVD the world would have moved onto High Def DVD where only WWRY and Budapest will transfer at high quality.
The rest (SD TV suff) will look very poor in comparison and not worth releasing.

NTL user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 243 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NO NO NO !!!!. Wake up everone.

1. Moustache = Rio.
2. White Jacket = Rio.
3. Helicopter footage = Rio.

Please god NO.

I love you for your mind baby give me your body.
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NTL wrote:

1. Moustache = Rio.
2. White Jacket = Rio.

Please god NO.

Second that... Please God no...

mystic_rhythms user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NTL wrote:

1. Moustache = Rio.
2. White Jacket = Rio.

Please god NO.

Oh God, they wouldn't! They shouldn't!
They won't. I think they would have learned from the VHS release of Rock In Rio, believe me.

BTW the helicopter footage was prominent at Knebworth, so was the white attire and moustache, so it may be Knebworth they are speaking of.

It would be okay to have Knebworth, but not if I already have Wembley and MK. Plus, I have never seen a Queen concert from the 70's, so Hammersmith '79, or Houston would be fab!

GVH3 will probably wait until early 2006, hopefully. But please God, don't give us Knebworth!

We can only grow the way the wind blows

On a bare and weathered shore

We can only bow to the here and now

In our elemental war

- Rush, "The Way The Wind Blows"
« Jay » user not visiting Queenzone.com
« Jay »
Bohemian: 843 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NTL wrote:

1. Moustache = Rio.
2. White Jacket = Rio.

Please god NO.

Could be Tokyo '85 perhaps?
Although I don't remember any Helicopter footage from that one.

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ibanez122 wrote:

kdj2hot wrote:

+1 to that. Ive stated before on here thats it pointless to release Knebworth or even Budapest since Wembley was released 2 years ago i believe. As you said, someday one of those should see the light of day. Houston would be good.....but Hammersmith 79 = better

Totally agree with both of you!

xyz
Snefru user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 105 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Read this EVERYBODY.

Kneborth was NOT filmed proffesionale.
The film you see from this concert, are ALL from screen cameras ONLY. NO proffesional film team was there at this evening.
This IS well known by now.
GREG BROOKS has told this at QUEEN convention MANY times. So there will NEVER be a official DVD of this concert.

Best 'Snefru'
www.oueenonstage.com

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I assume this is the topic starters first post.

Hopefully his next windup will be more believable.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've heard that any Knebworth footage they have suffers the same problem as the Live Aid gig - basically, the edit that they did on the day (the big screen thing) is all that remains, and that alternate angles weren't preserved.
But meh. Who'd want another '86 show anyway?

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

I've heard that any Knebworth footage they have suffers the same problem as the Live Aid gig - basically, the edit that they did on the day (the big screen thing) is all that remains, and that alternate angles weren't preserved.
But meh. Who'd want another '86 show anyway?

I would.
Really , nobody as a decent video of this in the colection (i think), to have the professional filming would be great. Even if they don`t release it, it would be great to know they exist anywhere.

TAke care