Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Brian May's Fading memory

forum rss feed
Author

A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1786 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Nov 05, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi All, just a little light hearted post about Brian's memory loss. The last two official QUEEN DVD releases "A Night At The Opera" & "Return Of The Champions" has Brian making Goofs!!
Firstly in "Return Of The Champions" Brian says to the crowd, that it has been nearly 20 years since Queen tread the Boards in Sheffield. I live in Sheffield, been a Queen Fan since the 70's, I think I would have remembered if Queen Played in '86. (I went to Sheff 2005 gig, I scratched my head when Brian said this at the time) Queen last played Sheffield in '74. We'll let Brian off for this one, as he has played 1000's gigs over his life, he's bound to forget something (thought he would have done some research before though, as it was being recorded)
Secondly "A Night At The Opera" DVD, during the audio comentary for "Death On Two Legs" Brian says "My Fairy King" is from "Queen II" That's a Big Goof Bri!!!
Anyway, as I said I'm not having a go at Brian, as He is GOD!!! Just a bit lighthearted note.


Joyful the sound
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 00:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He always forget where MFK is from - watch GVH1 and you'll see how Roger corrects him when Brian says that it's from second album. He just wants it to be on Q2 I guess :)

Rompez user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 222 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 01:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Relax baby... Brian May is not a fan of a band called Queen. So he may not remember witch exactly songs were on each album, tour dates and other stuff. I wonder how many years ago he listened to Queen I album for the last time. In 1973 maybe...?

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 01:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Roger is not a fan of Queen band too... But he remembers, so... relax, baby!

Rompez user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 222 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 02:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, Roger remembers that My Fairy King is on a first Queen album. He quite often say that he listen to the old Queen records sometimes. But somehow I think that Brian listened to Queen I many years ago for the last time.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6326 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In general terms rock stars care little or nothing about such facts. Remember the Under Pressure thing: either Brian & Roger misremember or Bowie forgot about a bass line he wrote himself.

Other goofs and nitpicks throughout the years include:

- Brian saying he played a koto in Teo
- Roger saying John played acoustic and keyboards in Crazy Little Thing
- Fred confusing the album Love Of My Life's in
- Brian mentioning Masterstroke as part of Opera-Races
- John saying a wrong date about the band's first concert in Germany
- The good old UP discussion

And the list goes on ;)


John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry<h6>Inventer of terrible English wrote:

He always forget where MFK is from - watch GVH1 and you'll see how Roger corrects him when Brian says that it's from second album. He just wants it to be on Q2 I guess :)


Yeah i have that, i was laughing at him going "Awww he doesnt remember" Hahaha hes so sweet when he forgets :P

kelbozs user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 29 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 14:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A Word In Your Ear wrote:

I live in Sheffield,QUOTE]well be invited on our party in Doncaster the 24 November 2005

check out this link for more information....
http://www.geocities.com/queentribune/reachingout.html

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 14:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

In general terms rock stars care little or nothing about such facts. Remember the Under Pressure thing: either Brian & Roger misremember or Bowie forgot about a bass line he wrote himself.

Other goofs and nitpicks throughout the years include:

- Brian saying he played a koto in Teo
- Roger saying John played acoustic and keyboards in Crazy Little Thing
- Fred confusing the album Love Of My Life's in
- Brian mentioning Masterstroke as part of Opera-Races
- John saying a wrong date about the band's first concert in Germany
- The good old UP discussion

And the list goes on ;)


They're like the guys in Spinal Tap. Surprised they remember to screw their heads on the right way! LOL!

That's why most rockers have PA's Personal Assistants, to help them with remembering daily tasks and correcting them as to what to say in interviews!


xyz
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 05, 15:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian also said that John played electric guitar live during Back Chat on the Live At The Bowl DVD.


John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1786 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 05, 08:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


It's just getting worse. I rang Brian last month, but he was in the shower. He said he'd call me back, but he never did.


This can't end well.
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 05, 09:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Purple Shoes<h6> Formerly Munchsack wrote:


It's just getting worse. I rang Brian last month, but he was in the shower. He said he'd call me back, but he never did.


Uhh... I see... They've just probably forgot who was bass player in Queen, that's why we haven't seen John for the years :)

zaiga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 385 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 05, 10:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry<h6>Inventor of terrible English wrote:

Purple Shoes<h6> Formerly Munchsack wrote:


It's just getting worse. I rang Brian last month, but he was in the shower. He said he'd call me back, but he never did.


Uhh... I see... They've just probably forgot who was bass player in Queen, that's why we haven't seen John for the years :)


Wait a minute.... There was a BASS player in Queen?!?! Strange, I never noticed.


Flick of the wrist
ANAGRAMER user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 675 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Purple Shoes<h6> Formerly Munchsack wrote:


It's just getting worse. I rang Brian last month, but he was in the shower. He said he'd call me back, but he never did.


Probably still drying his hair


ANAGRAMER user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 675 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A Word In Your Ear wrote:

Hi All, just a little light hearted post about Brian's memory loss. The last two official QUEEN DVD releases "A Night At The Opera" & "Return Of The Champions" has Brian making Goofs!!
Firstly in "Return Of The Champions" Brian says to the crowd, that it has been nearly 20 years since Queen tread the Boards in Sheffield. I live in Sheffield, been a Queen Fan since the 70's, I think I would have remembered if Queen Played in '86. (I went to Sheff 2005 gig, I scratched my head when Brian said this at the time) Queen last played Sheffield in '74. We'll let Brian off for this one, as he has played 1000's gigs over his life, he's bound to forget something (thought he would have done some research before though, as it was being recorded)
Secondly "A Night At The Opera" DVD, during the audio comentary for "Death On Two Legs" Brian says "My Fairy King" is from "Queen II" That's a Big Goof Bri!!!
Anyway, as I said I'm not having a go at Brian, as He is GOD!!! Just a bit lighthearted note.

Seriously, it could be seen as disrespectful of the audience - he should've done his research


doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ANAGRAMER wrote:

Purple Shoes<h6> Formerly Munchsack wrote:


It's just getting worse. I rang Brian last month, but he was in the shower. He said he'd call me back, but he never did.


Probably still drying his hair


LMAO!

Or dyeing it! LOL!


xyz
A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1786 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Nov 05, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

ANAGRAMER wrote:

Purple Shoes<h6> Formerly Munchsack wrote:


It's just getting worse. I rang Brian last month, but he was in the shower. He said he'd call me back, but he never did.


Probably still drying his hair


LMAO!

Or dyeing it! LOL!



Or Brian & Anita, could have been fighting over the Afro Comb.


Joyful the sound
Mrs. Snugglebunny user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 76 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 05, 09:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh c'mon! These people are almost sixty already and they are touring! A feat in its self, in my opion. You can't really expect them to remember everything in their age with all the tour stress.
Note, btw, that I'm not being an age racist.

doremi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5193 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Dec 05, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A Word In Your Ear wrote:

Arlene R. Weiss wrote:

ANAGRAMER wrote:

Purple Shoes<h6> Formerly Munchsack wrote:


It's just getting worse. I rang Brian last month, but he was in the shower. He said he'd call me back, but he never did.


Probably still drying his hair



Or dyeing it! LOL!


LMAO!

Or Brian & Anita, could have been fighting over the Afro Comb.


LMAO! ;-)



xyz