Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Darkness Lead Singer accuses Brian of ruining the band's legacy

forum rss feed
Author

vicspec user not visiting Queenzone.com
vicspec
Bohemian: 156 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 00:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

re: http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/news_view.aspx?news_id=3336

thank-you Justin - about time somebody articulated that sentiment.

piss off brian ya dick.

caviar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 47 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 01:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I totally agree. The recordings with R.Williams is awful, and I don't understand how he can back all these pseudo singers who want to sing Queen.

Also would we have considered that McCartney touring with Ringo Star was the Beatles? Pink Floyd without Roger Waters wasn't PF. Queen without Freddie is even more than the Beatles without Lennon. It should have stopped or they should have formed a new band.

They are ruining the legacy. fortunately it remains in records.

Freddie's #1 Fan Forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 386 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 01:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, it really is too bad that the legacy is being ruined. I'm also shocked to find that the tour is going to continue well into 2006! At this point, I say that it is time to give it up. If Brian and Roger and Paul Rodgers wanted to do a couple of shows, that would be one thing. But this is getting to be tiresome. I would have thought that the poor sales of Return of the Champions would have been enough to discourage them, but I guess not.

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 01:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That sucks if it's true...especially since The Darkness have made it out to look like their such buddies even after Queen collaborated with Five. I sort of wonder whether it's a ploy to get publicity for the new album.

Think this'll ever appear on Brian's soapbox? Somehow I doubt it...

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 02:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think this story is a old one, but I do agree with what Justin Hawkins said.

quicksilver mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 96 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 02:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They should do whatever they can to stop it.

Y
O
U

A
R
E

F
U
L
L

O
F

I
T

Yeah Right!!!!!!!!!
What is your source other than a BS article any clown could post. How about something which can be verified.
Rock on Queen + Paul Rodgers
The Darkness are a bunch of hacks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lemmy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 02:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Terrific, specialy coming from a bloke who's band is a copy-cat of stuff recorded some 30-odd years ago...

(though I must admit that I agree too).

take it to 11
GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Justin is a very open fella, and is always talking about the things he doesnt like. You say he does it for publicity - but how many famous people dont say things for publicity? Look at Bono and all his charity work for instance.

Anyway, chances are, Justin said it in a more loose comical way rather than the way the story built around it, probably by The Sun, suggests. I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

But I do agree though, sort of.

mayercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 09:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think you can ever ruin their legacy

Oszmercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 229 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't care, and by the way, the beatles is a different thing, so pf

Loser in the end!!!
Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah, Brian is probably going to say that it was that rotten reporter again that placed this remark tooootally out of context.

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 09:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is there anything Brian, Roger or John can do that ruins Queen legacy?
Wake up, boys and girls, not even those collaborations has made you deslike Queen legacy, so what`s this all about?

Take care

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Coldplay, The Darkness... Who's the next in the Queen fans' black list? :)

kelbozs user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 29 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 09:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bobby_brown wrote:

Is there anything Brian, Roger or John can do that ruins Queen legacy?
Wake up, boys and girls, not even those collaborations has made you deslike Queen legacy, so what`s this all about?

Take care
Darling...you're so right.... and by the way Brian ever talked about this before none of this things where ideas of him .... but proposed to him.... and neither Brian, Roger, John didn't protest against it.... The only protest you got was johns about the Robbie William co-operation....

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 09:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jeroen wrote:

Ah, Brian is probably going to say that it was that rotten reporter again that placed this remark tooootally out of context.
Maybe it is...if you see all the good Justin Hawkins has ever said publicaly (tele, newspapers)about Brian... how come he would suddenly go bashing on him... does not make sence to me.....

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 09:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kelbozs wrote:

jeroen wrote:

Maybe it is...if you see all the good Justin Hawkins has ever said publicaly (tele, newspapers)about Brian... how come he would suddenly go bashing on him... does not make sence to me.....
by the way this is BEE-ny writing on the mail address of Kelly...

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 09:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hey no one fucking asked the darknedd singer what he thought- he can suck it i like freddie too but Brian can do what he wants theyre not calling themselves Queen- theyre calling it Queen + Pual Rodgers and as much as i dont like PR singing Queen songs no one asked him and i could care less what he thinks- i love freddie to by the way

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
GreatKingSam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 10:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JamieSureWould wrote:

hey no one fucking asked the darknedd singer what he thought- he can suck it i like freddie too but Brian can do what he wants theyre not calling themselves Queen- theyre calling it Queen + Pual Rodgers and as much as i dont like PR singing Queen songs no one asked him and i could care less what he thinks- i love freddie to by the way

What a mature response.

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GreatKingSam wrote:

JamieSureWould wrote:

What a mature response.

sorry i got mad

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
boy of destiny user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 214 posts

Posted: 25 Nov 05, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here in North America (Canada) the only "Queen" we get is the real thing. We've never had that crap by 5ive, Electric Six, etc forced on us to taint the legacy. I love Brian May, but Hawkins is entitled to his opinion and maybe I'd feel the same way if I had to listen to one "flavour of the month" band after another butcher Queen songs with the band's approval.